Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: How to always get an HSDPA connection on the Vodafone K3805-Z modem?

Default How to always get an HSDPA connection on the Vodafone K3805-Z modem?

So far my Vodafone K3805-Z has given me little problems compared to the Vodafone K4505-Z modem. One thing that frustrates the hell out of me though is that sometimes when I connect to the net, the connection is an "EDGE" connection or a "GPRS" connection. I then have to wait for eternity before a page loads which is pretty annoying and frustrating. How can I change the settings of my Vodafone K3805-Z modem so that I always get an HSUPA or an HSDPA connection?
    "Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people." ― Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Sly21C View Post
    How can I change the settings of my Vodafone K3805-Z modem so that I always get an HSUPA or an HSDPA connection?
    The Vodafone/ZTE/Icera K3805-Z is supported in MDMA since 1.0.0.31 beta 6.

Since I haven't tried version 10 of VMC Or VMC Lite....have they removed the option in the software to force "3G Only" mode?
    Keith and the Girl - the BEST podcast on the net!

I just installed VMC 10 today on my machine and the option for forcing 3G Only connection is still there.

Click on Advanced, then click on Devices, then click on your modem which is listed, then click on Bearer, and the options are there.
    Keith and the Girl - the BEST podcast on the net!