Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: PC police games

Default PC police games

Do any of you know any good police type simulator games out there. I'm looking for a police game where you are the police officer in a city you know... Like New York or whatever.

Kinda like a GTA style game but with the missions removed and a police script added in. Pulling over cars, arresting people and just going on patrol. The only game company that I think could pull it off are Rockstar Games.

I think it would be an awesome idea to have a game like that...

So are there any games like that or am I barking up the wrong tree??

Thanks

doesn't sound very interesting.

you might want to try simulation games.

Well it may not sound interesting to you but I really do enjoy anything to do with the police so this is my ideal game.

Super Grandmaster

Why not some of the investigative games like CSI/Heavy Rain etc? (even Max Payne at a push)

EDIT: Also if you don't mind vintage gaming, a company called Sierra made a good series of cop games called Police Quest during the 80s & 90s (first few redone). Download and install DoxBox then Google "police quest abandonwarez"

Should find something.
    Every time you make a typo, the errorists win

Just sounds too simple to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Fudzy View Post
    Why not some of the investigative games like CSI/Heavy Rain etc? (even Max Payne at a push)

EDIT: Also if you don't mind vintage gaming, a company called Sierra made a good series of cop games called Police Quest during the 80s & 90s (first few redone). Download and install DoxBox then Google "police quest abandonwarez"

Should find something.
    I have tried all of their cop games and found them good but boring after a while and also investigative games aren't really my type but thanks for the recommendations.

Quote Originally Posted by DCBloodHound View Post
    Just sounds too simple to me.
    Okay fair enough but please stop spamming this post with useless information, I'm asking about the game because I enjoy these types of things and I don't see anywhere in my post asking if you like these games or not. Thank you.

There's a GTA mod called LCPD: First response. http://www.lcpdfr.com/cops/

You get to drive around in a police car, with partner, and get called out to random crimes. (not too many different crimes though) The criminal might pull a gun or give up, you can arrest and take him to jail. You also can call for the cavalry if things start to heat up. You also pull over cars and give tickets. Sometimes they run, starting a police car chase.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6xgC...eature=related

It's a mod so things are not perfect, but should at least provide a few hours of laughs.
    The Lord of Light...

You can always try to source this game "True Crime Streets of LA" for the pc , PS2 or xbox 1.

There was a sequal to it was "True Crime: New York City"

I would guess the best platform would be get it for the PC and then just get a xbox controller to play it.
    But this game is exactly what you are looking for, I am sure of it 98%.

You have your story line and then as usual you can just cruise around and arrest people on the street.

You will unfortunately not have police uniform but I am sure there could be skins or mods out there for it.
    Thats why I would reccomend the pc version

By reading this post, you relinquish to me all rights to your immortal soul for all eternity.

Grandmaster

Not a free roam game but maybe the SWAT series would interest you.

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Maddmatt View Post
    That was a cool game! Think it was #4 which had the awesome multiplayer, nothing like tazing your mate in the back as he goes into a gunfight
    Every time you make a typo, the errorists win

^This
    Will work for peanuts

Quote Originally Posted by kat06sa View Post
    There's a GTA mod called LCPD: First response. http://www.lcpdfr.com/cops/

You get to drive around in a police car, with partner, and get called out to random crimes. (not too many different crimes though) The criminal might pull a gun or give up, you can arrest and take him to jail. You also can call for the cavalry if things start to heat up. You also pull over cars and give tickets. Sometimes they run, starting a police car chase.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6xgC...eature=related

It's a mod so things are not perfect, but should at least provide a few hours of laughs.
    I have tried this and by the looks of it, it is the closest I will get to what I want. But damn it is a whole load of fun. Thanks a million!

Quote Originally Posted by Acid0 View Post
    You can always try to source this game "True Crime Streets of LA" for the pc , PS2 or xbox 1.

There was a sequal to it was "True Crime: New York City"

I would guess the best platform would be get it for the PC and then just get a xbox controller to play it.
    But this game is exactly what you are looking for, I am sure of it 98%.

You have your story line and then as usual you can just cruise around and arrest people on the street.

You will unfortunately not have police uniform but I am sure there could be skins or mods out there for it.
    Thats why I would reccomend the pc version
    I do have this game but unfortunately grew out of it, was a good game while it lasted.

Love that game, actually still play it every now and then

Super Grandmaster

Sounds like a great idea man, I'd play that.

Blog Entries

Police Quest SWAT ?!?

I remember enjoying that quite alot.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast