Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 117 of 136 FirstFirst ... 1767107113114115116117 118119120121127 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,755 of 2029

Thread: What is wrong with my PC?

Quote Originally Posted by Sinbad View Post
    Ksod is the new bsod...

(black screen of death)
    If I what I think you are implying is wat you are implying then all I can say this is the WRONG thread for those types of tendencies!

Super Grandmaster
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by waynegohl View Post
    aah ha that sounds even worse then a BSOD.
    Um... it don't make no sounds bud.... it LOOKS... my alarm makes sounds.

erm

ha ha ha the hills are alive with the sound of music!!!!!!!!!!!!1

ha ha ha the hills are alive with the sound of music!!!!!!!!!!!!1
    Stay away from the high notes - You could crack your LCD

Quote Originally Posted by ChilliGirl View Post
    If I what I think you are implying is wat you are implying then all I can say this is the WRONG thread for those types of tendencies!
    You are thinking incorrectly

Not anyone's fault that a dead screen is black....

if I break the LCD I can still ask kilo to teamview on my ipod, I just wonder if I can get a BSOD on the ipod.

Super Grandmaster
    Blog Entries

Okay.. I have just hit my head on the table... I am seeing double... I shall be back on the morrow with a moerse sore head !

G'nite mineer Gohl... have fun with new Windows!

Quote Originally Posted by kilobits View Post
    Okay.. I have just hit my head on the table... I am seeing double... I shall be back on the morrow with a moerse sore head !

G'nite mineer Gohl... have fun with new Windows!
    you don't need tinfoil you need a crockpot. Just put some salt and pepper on that egg.

Thanks man a million for the help, I am busy with it at this very moment, see you tomorrow.

I noticed something very weird now when working on Windows 8.

At the bottom on the taskbar I have what looks like a monitor with a lollypop attached to it and that is my internet connection. When I plug in my phone to the usb cable attached to the pc, I get a yellow triangle sign with a exclamation mark through the middle on that very same icon, if I remove the phone the exclamation mark disappears.

What has the phone got to do with my internet connection in Windows 8?

Super Grandmaster
    Blog Entries

Waaaayne

Does the lollipop look like this ?

That is the standard icon for people who try a preview release of Windows... and something is not working right.

It looks like a lollipop because it is Microsofts way of telling us we are all suckers for using it... at least, that what my Apple licking brother says.

I noticed something very weird now when working on Windows 8.

At the bottom on the taskbar I have what looks like a monitor with a lollypop attached to it and that is my internet connection. When I plug in my phone to the usb cable attached to the pc, I get a yellow triangle sign with a exclamation mark through the middle on that very same icon, if I remove the phone the exclamation mark disappears.

What has the phone got to do with my internet connection in Windows 8?

ha ha ha ha yeah thats the "sucker".

Is that bad or good? I first thought it was my adsl so disconnected the netgear but nothing happened so I had a look at the modem in the lounge and all was fine so I tried the netgear again and still it remained. i thought, hang on take the phone out and *poof* it was gone so I tested it again and plugged the phone in again and lo and behold it came back. All this time I was still connected though.

Super Grandmaster
    Blog Entries

ha ha ha ha yeah thats the "sucker".

Is that bad or good? I first thought it was my adsl so disconnected the netgear but nothing happened so I had a look at the modem in the lounge and all was fine so I tried the netgear again and still it remained. i thought, hang on take the phone out and *poof* it was gone so I tested it again and plugged the phone in again and lo and behold it came back. All this time I was still connected though.
    Relax ! Microsoft has made a "generic" taskbar icon for all network devices.

When you plug in your phone, it most probably sets up a bluetooth network device thingy... and because you are not using it, it is disconnected and that is the reason for the exclamation triangle.

You can prevent the triangle from appearing by going into your network devices and disabling the disconnected bluetooth / pan connection thingy next time your phone is attached... then you will only have the lollipop icon when you plug in your phone.

maybe if I disconnect the whatsathingy i get a BSOD how cool will that be?

Super Grandmaster
    Blog Entries

maybe if I disconnect the whatsathingy i get a BSOD how cool will that be?
    You toy with the KSOD god with them words you do !

PS. Do you still have that D-Link ADSL modem + wireless Router thingy... if so do you want to sell it ?? If so... how much ??? If not, then, no worry.

I have no idea if it's still here i will look for it, I did however find the laptop harddrive we spoke about the other day.

Page 117 of 136 FirstFirst ... 1767107113114115116117 118119120121127 ... LastLast