PAYROLL PROGRAMMER ANALYST
at SMART RECRUITING in Johannesburg
LONGMEADOW, EAST RAND
Position: Payroll Analyst – D-bit Payroll
Client Payroll team has an opportunity for a Programmer Analyst.
This position’s primary responsibility will be to work with the Integrated Payroll Support (IPS) Team to support and enhance the Human Resources/Payroll application.
This critical application provides pay and benefits to approximately 80,000 employees.
The selected individual will perform daily support activities as well as develop enhancements for the processes, implement the enhancements, create test plans and test against those plans.
Previous experience with Payroll/programming is mandatory.
Start date: ASAP
Key roles & responsibility:
The qualified candidate will assist business users with functional specifications.
Ability to complete technical specification documents according to guidelines and standards provided, create technical solutions to meet business requirements
Design, code, test, and manage time efficiently.
Developing new and modifying existing programs, reports and interfaces using various application programming tools and languages such as SQL, SQR, PS Query; in the payroll and Axapta application.
Provide production support and troubleshooting for the day to day payroll operations applications including: Timesheets, GL Interface to PS Financials;
Provide technical guidance on payroll and assist with project deployments;
Being an active participant in decisions affecting payroll. This includes modifications to the D-bit system, patches, tax updates, upgrades, etc; interacts with functional users and business analysts and understands their requirements and develops reports/interfaces as needed;
Contribute to the creation of project planning deliverables such as a testing strategy, conversion strategy, development standards, configuration strategy and an interface strategy and reporting.
• Min Matric (Tertiary qualification advantageous)
• Analyst qualification and or Payroll coding qualification
• Extensive experience in Payroll’s D-bit advantageous
3+ years of PL/SQL
• 3+ years of code in payroll field or related language
• 3+ years micro-soft experience
• 3+ years payroll involvement experience
• Ability to analyze existing code to meet new requests
• B.S. or B.A. in IT or Business
• Proficient in Microsoft tools (Excel, Word, Outlook)
• Willingness to provide on call support (on a rotational basis)
• Ability to recognise a problem and work with all necessary to fix the problem
• Ability to prioritise & multi task
• Able to work towards deadlines and work under pressure
• Able to make decisions & take responsibility
• Must be proactive & have organisation skills
• Must be able to work with management / clients on all levels
R240K – R280K DEPENDING ON EXPERIENCE
Person applying should be assertive, insightful, methodical, diligent, focused, ability to pay attention to detail and have”follow through”.
CV’S TO [email protected]
Apply to this job