Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast

Thread: Best iPhone and iPad apps specifically in South Africa

I recently downloaded Onavo. It's supposed to be a data saver...
    Not really sure how well it works, guess i'll know in time.

Vida E Cafe is also an awesome SA app... if you enjoy Vida e Cafe that is

FOOD24 is pretty good (when it works)

Basically a large South Africa restaurant database rated by it's users.

Quote Originally Posted by ruknroller View Post
    FOOD24 is pretty good (when it works)

Basically a large South Africa restaurant database rated by it's users.
    I like this as well. But the biggest problem is that it hasn't been updated in a while and the restaurants closest to me function pops up an error the whole time. But otherwise, a good app to help to decide where to go and eat.

Not really an iPad app, but Petrol@ZA is great to find a petrol station close by.

Starwalk (Or something) Im sure i bought that on my S.A Account...

Can anyone recommend a good Football score app - something like scoremobile on BB.

Grandmaster

Imho I think TomTom is the better one, specially the photo option v1.7

Hi all and thank you so long for your help.

I have just got myself an iPAD 2. Wat application can you suggest to use with MS Office? I have read about Docs 2 Go but have also read that it isn't so good.

Also, how do I get my documents from my Laptop to my iPAD? (Sorry for this silly question, but I really don't know how. )

Regards,
    Deon
    ------
    ADSL: 1096 iSAT Connection
    ISP:Was www.Axxess.co.za Now with MWEB Uncapped
    Equipment: NETGEAR DG834GT Wireless ADSL Router

Quote Originally Posted by DeonH View Post
    Hi all and thank you so long for your help.

I have just got myself an iPAD 2. Wat application can you suggest to use with MS Office? I have read about Docs 2 Go but have also read that it isn't so good.

Also, how do I get my documents from my Laptop to my iPAD? (Sorry for this silly question, but I really don't know how. )

Regards,
    Deon
    I'm a Mac kinda guy so Pages and Numbers are the bomb for me, and your docs sync in iTunes... Click on your iPad icon in iTunes, select "Apps" and scroll down to "File Sharing". You could also use Dropbox to sync between devices if you don't want to go the iTunes route.

Computicket
    Gumtree
    YR.no (norwegian app but with excellent local weather)
    National Arts Fest (Grahamstown)

This article is about i[phone apps but they all have ipad versions AFAIK.
    http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/35428...or-ipod-touch/

Then there are quite a few reviews available: http://tinyurl.com/6894fjt

If you use iWork on the mac then your choice really is a no-brainer. If you primarily use MS Office then things get trickier, and good import/export of file formats is the key function.

Dropbox is your new best friend. Get a free 2GB account and install the ipad client. If you are prepared to spread their fame on twitter and facebook and play their annual riddle-fest, you can increase it (mine is up to 4.5). But if you are going the wi-fi only route, you will have to remember to add new documents to your favourites list to have them constantly available. Some of the programs linked to above will also save to and open from a dropbox account directly.

Blog Entries

best weather app you guys are using?

free/paid

Please can you help me with a personal research project by VOTING - will take 5 seconds - http://tinyurl.com/kpga54q

Quote Originally Posted by HTC_guy View Post

free/paid

I use FizzWeather (paid app) .... well FizzWeather v1.46 their v2 sucks so I am not upgrading my copy, I'm just living with the update in my iTunes/badge icon as I really didn't like v2 one little bit. Is a cool app never looked into the other options once I had one I kinda knew seemed OKish.

The SA Weather Service site is optimised for iPhones; its 7 day forecasts are pretty much the best though the 24-48 hour forecasts are pretty much of a muchness despite SAWS trumpeting their superior analytical abilities. I also use Foreca (paid app) which will show the current conditions and forecast for the next two days on the same page, which is useful, and has a number of other viewing options which can be fun.

EDIT: Post number 100, ba-boom! At this rate I'll get to 1,000 in about 70 years...

Quote Originally Posted by HTC_guy View Post

free/paid

Would also like to know. I use yr.no (but just the mobile website - didn't know they have an app), however I find that they are not as accurate as weatherSA. They do have a very nice GUI though.

I also use the Weather SA site sometimes, the mobile version on the iPhone looks pretty good. I actually even use the mobile version on my desktop browser as it looks better for what I wanted to see from my desktop browser.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast