Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 17 1 234511 ... LastLast

Thread: MWEB cancels my Uncapped 4MB Account with NO Warning

Default MWEB cancels my Uncapped 4MB Account with NO Warning

Hey peeps

MWEB recently, Friday, canceled my uncapped 4MB account with no prior warning. whats worst is that they decided to do it at 5PM Friday afternoon and showed a landing page which directed me to their cape town call center which is only open office hours on monday. so i proceeded to call the 086 tech support number where a gimp was able to inform me that my account had been canceled for "ABUSE" however he could not define what abuse was, he then suggested i speak to his supervisor, since i think he couldn't think of any more ways to reiterate his inability to do anything other then tell me to reset my router and see if that helps! his supervisor was also incapable of doing anything and also was unable to define what abuse was!

We proceeded to actually ABUSE mwebs facebook and their CEO's twitter pages to try and get a response. Some Mweb Guy came back on facebook saying that the Abuse department had informed him that we had our account canceled since they had tried to contact us, which they hadn't, i have no voicemail or emails from them. its funny though how the Mweb Guy could get through to the Abuse department at 9pm on friday night to find out this information, however he still couldn't define what abuse was!

I reckon it retarded for a company to just cancel and uncapped account.

anyways

just my two cents on whats happened to me, would dig to hear some comments!

l8
    Last edited by adambarta; 14-02-2011 at 05:05 PM. Reason: spellin

SmoothOokerMaximus The_Librarian's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by adambarta View Post
    Hey peeps

MWEB recently, Friday, canceled my uncapped 4MB account with no prior warning. whats worst is that they decided to do it at 5PM Friday afternoon and showed a landing page which directed me to their cape town call center which is only open office hours on monday. so i proceeded to call the 086 tech support number where a gimp was able to inform me that my account had been canceled for "ABUSE" however he could not define what abuse was, he then suggested i speak to his supervisor, since i think he couldn't think of any more ways to reiterate his inability to do anything other then tell me to reset my router and see if that helps! his supervisor was also incapable of doing anything and also was unable to define what abuse was!

We proceeded to actually ABUSE mwebs facebook and their CEO's twitter pages to try and get a response. Some Mweb Guy came back on facebook saying that the Abuse department had informed him that we had our account canceled since they had tried to contact us, which they hadn't, i have no voicemail or emails from them. its funny though how the Mweb Guy could get through to the Abuse department at 9pm on friday night to find out this information, however he still couldn't define what abuse was!

I reckon it retarded for a company to just cancel and uncapped account.

anyways

just my two cents on whats happened to me, would dig to hear some comments!

l8
    There's more to this story.

You told us your side.

Would like to hear Mweb's side of the story before commenting further.
    Christ-mass is NOT for Christians. Jeremiah 10.
    Is the 10 Commandments for Christians?

Saturday is the Seventh day, Sunday is the first day.

we have an unsecure wifi network cus we give away bw for free and we averaged about 600GB/month since April last year

You must've bypassed the shaping using something like Downstorm.. right?
    McLAREN MERCEDES
    Twitter Flickr

SmoothOokerMaximus The_Librarian's Avatar
    Blog Entries

we have an unsecured wifi network cus we give away bw for free and we averaged about 600GB/month since April last year

and once more
    Christ-mass is NOT for Christians. Jeremiah 10.
    Is the 10 Commandments for Christians?

Saturday is the Seventh day, Sunday is the first day.

we have an unsecure wifi network cus we give away bw for free and we averaged about 600GB/month since April last year

Lol, Librarian beat me.
    Neo-Luddite - Permanent Darwin award candidates
    Shaping Explained here
    Do you Oink! ?

hmmmm, 600GB a month???? seriously????

I can surely see how that could be considered a result of "abuse".

yes this has come up a million times; the fact that they state uncapped yet you still get a certain level of cap but 600GB a month...

that is just a bit insane.

that is almost like a 24/7 download at 4MB line.

how do you manage that?

and how exactly do you "give away" free bandwidth?

from what I have seen, most people do roughly in the 200's and don't give any complaints aside from slow speed here and there, which is understandable.

yeah live in a student area and its cool to not be stingy with BW.. its quite a pleasure when you cruise about and find open access to the internet... go to america and see what its like! its the future!

just sucks that big Tier 2 companies with massive 10Ge pipes had a problem with user using 400kB/s

its not hard to use alot of BW just watch every video on youtube in 1080p.. u'll rack it up no time..

only torrents are shaped i think.. but we are better than that fortunately!

open wireless network = free bandwidth to others less fortunate and unable to afford a phat 4meg pipe

and by the way 600GB is only a 60% efficiency on a 4meg line since at full tilt you should be able to clock 988GB in 30days 24hrs a day at 400kB/s

Besides the large amount of data transferred on the line, you are sharing the access with others in an unrestricted fashion. And that is probably more of a breach of the conditions than anything else.
    He who conquers others is strong; He who conquers himself is mighty. - Lao Tzu

Blog Entries

Abuse is abuse and if you had read the terms and conditions like you should before opening a contract against your name, you would have realised this. Please do not argue that the company [MWEB] will still have to pay for the 600's of gigs you use every month.

and by the way 600GB is only a 60% efficiency on a 4meg line since at full tilt you should be able to clock 988GB in 30days 24hrs a day at 400kB/s
    Uncapped is uncapped but this is not along the lines of what we call "Fair use"

You are the reason that these abuse rules are in place. Thanx Mweb.
    Shaping Explained here
    Do you Oink! ?

you are the reason that retards get screwed into paying per megabyte prices for bw when the internet should be free for all.

sucks that ideas like youtube can't get invented in SA cus of people like you kosmik

you are the reason that retards get screwed into paying per megabyte prices for bw when the internet should be free for all.

sucks that ideas like youtube can't get invented in SA cus of people like you kosmik
    No, I have a happy uncapped life thank you. You do more harm abusing a product that has been put on the market to try and bring us such freedoms. Did you pay for the account btw?
    Shaping Explained here
    Do you Oink! ?

Page 1 of 17 1 234511 ... LastLast