Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter



Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567 891011 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 249

Thread: MWEB cancels my Uncapped 4MB Account with NO Warning

  1. #91
    Super Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Previously this post ->
    Posts
    29,661

    Default

    Yeah has anyone PM'd Will or that other Mweb dude?
    Every time you make a typo, the errorists win

  2. #92

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adambarta View Post
    Hey peeps

    MWEB recently, Friday, canceled my uncapped 4MB account with no prior warning. whats worst is that they decided to do it at 5PM Friday afternoon and showed a landing page which directed me to their cape town call center which is only open office hours on monday. so i proceeded to call the 086 tech support number where a gimp was able to inform me that my account had been canceled for "ABUSE" however he could not define what abuse was, he then suggested i speak to his supervisor, since i think he couldn't think of any more ways to reiterate his inability to do anything other then tell me to reset my router and see if that helps! his supervisor was also incapable of doing anything and also was unable to define what abuse was!

    We proceeded to actually ABUSE mwebs facebook and their CEO's twitter pages to try and get a response. Some Mweb Guy came back on facebook saying that the Abuse department had informed him that we had our account canceled since they had tried to contact us, which they hadn't, i have no voicemail or emails from them. its funny though how the Mweb Guy could get through to the Abuse department at 9pm on friday night to find out this information, however he still couldn't define what abuse was!

    I reckon it retarded for a company to just cancel and uncapped account.

    anyways

    just my two cents on whats happened to me, would dig to hear some comments!

    l8
    Hi adambarta

    I sent you a PM, could you be check and respond in order for me to assist in any way I can.

    Regards,
    MWEB Ops

  3. #93
    Teh Cyber Ninja
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    The 031
    Posts
    17,544
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default




    thread summery: mweb canceled my account because I broke the rules, Baaaaaaaw...

    Graphic Designer
    LER Graphic

  4. #94

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tpex View Post



    thread summery: mweb canceled my account because I broke the rules, Baaaaaaaw...
    They broke their own rules by not giving any warning or notice. Summary disconnect just as before They promised never to do that again.

    Mweb is not to be trusted.

  5. #95
    Super Grandmaster gregmcc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    127.0.0.1, United Kingdom
    Posts
    16,935

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by biometrics View Post
    Incorrect. Get Axxess Just Uncapped 4096 at R496 for two concurrent connections and share it. So it's R248 each (plus Telkom rentals).
    I think you will find this going against the T&C. AFAIK you can't share accounts.

  6. #96

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lounger View Post
    They broke their own rules by not giving any warning or notice. Summary disconnect just as before They promised never to do that again.

    Mweb is not to be trusted.
    And of course you can confirm this cancellation without notice,or are you taking the word of an aggravating troll unhappy that he got - most likely - what was coming to him
    www.domaincheap.co.za
    50% off 1 month Afrihost Uncapped here
    Speak to me about Priority after-hours technical support and remote maintenance

  7. #97
    Teh Cyber Ninja
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    The 031
    Posts
    17,544
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lounger View Post
    They broke their own rules by not giving any warning or notice. Summary disconnect just as before They promised never to do that again.

    Mweb is not to be trusted.
    And how do you know the OP wasn't warned?
    Last edited by Tpex; 15-02-2011 at 10:00 AM.

    Graphic Designer
    LER Graphic

  8. #98

    Default

    Hi Adam

    I'm sorry that you're upset, however I can assure you that our abuse team followed their normal process in terms of the warnings issued, which were sent to your primary MWEB mailbox. An attempt would also have been made to contact you telephonically. These warnings related to your excessive usage patterns placing an unnecessary burden on our network with long periods of constant line speed downloading on your shaped product. This is covered by our acceptable usage policy.

    Further to this publicly sharing your MWEB connection, as you have indicated you were doing, is also in contravention of the terms and conditions you agreed to on joining up with MWEB.

    To the others reading this thread thanks for your ongoing support and for colouring inside the lines . The acceptable usage policy is something that has been discussed at length here. It really is not one of the things that we enjoy doing, but it is a necessary process that we have to follow to protect the experience of all of our customers and I can assure you once more that we make every effort to be as fair as possible in doing so.

    Thanks again
    Will
    MWEB Operations Technical Manager - Please Direct your general support queries to MWEB Guy

  9. #99

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Will@MWEB View Post
    Hi Adam

    I'm sorry that you're upset, however I can assure you that our abuse team followed their normal process in terms of the warnings issued, which were sent to your primary MWEB mailbox. An attempt would also have been made to contact you telephonically. These warnings related to your excessive usage patterns placing an unnecessary burden on our network with long periods of constant line speed downloading on your shaped product. This is covered by our acceptable usage policy.

    Further to this publicly sharing your MWEB connection, as you have indicated you were doing, is also in contravention of the terms and conditions you agreed to on joining up with MWEB.

    To the others reading this thread thanks for your ongoing support and for colouring inside the lines . The acceptable usage policy is something that has been discussed at length here. It really is not one of the things that we enjoy doing, but it is a necessary process that we have to follow to protect the experience of all of our customers and I can assure you once more that we make every effort to be as fair as possible in doing so.

    Thanks again
    Will
    Hello Will

    please dont come here with this attitude.. i you really think that my 400kB/s put a burden on your network then
    --> you have a crap network and shouldn't offer uncapped accounts
    ----> we know this is not true cus mweb is now a tier 2 provider and has massive IPC locally and internationally.

    so 400kB/s is not hurting your network so please come up with a better response than that

  10. #100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adambarta View Post
    Hello Will

    please dont come here with this attitude.. i you really think that my 400kB/s put a burden on your network then
    --> you have a crap network and shouldn't offer uncapped accounts
    ----> we know this is not true cus mweb is now a tier 2 provider and has massive IPC locally and internationally.

    so 400kB/s is not hurting your network so please come up with a better response than that
    There were rules
    You broke them for months on end
    They attempted to contact you
    You complain when action is taken against you

    /sympathy
    www.domaincheap.co.za
    50% off 1 month Afrihost Uncapped here
    Speak to me about Priority after-hours technical support and remote maintenance

  11. #101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adambarta View Post
    Hello Will

    please dont come here with this attitude.. i you really think that my 400kB/s put a burden on your network then
    --> you have a crap network and shouldn't offer uncapped accounts
    ----> we know this is not true cus mweb is now a tier 2 provider and has massive IPC locally and internationally.

    so 400kB/s is not hurting your network so please come up with a better response than that
    Why are you still going on about this? You must be retarded.
    When you signed up for the account, you obviously read the terms and conditions and obviously accepted them. Now if you go against those T&C's then Mweb has every right to cancel your account. Especially after you blatantly left your wireless network unsecured (Which only a retard would do) because you want to be cool? Sad little life you must have.

    Your attitude is childlike, and your ability to comprehend the situation makes you even more of a moron. The more you go on about this, the more muddied your name becomes. I hope you arent looking for any respect here because you definitely wont get it now.

    You claim to have knowledge of how networks work, probably through google and some technical articles, but im pretty sure you dont understand it and thus take this course of action to hopefully gain support, but alas, you will only find opponents of your warped logic.
    -=Dont steal, the government hates competition=-

  12. #102
    Teh Cyber Ninja
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    The 031
    Posts
    17,544
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adambarta View Post
    Hello Will

    please dont come here with this attitude.. i you really think that my 400kB/s put a burden on your network then
    --> you have a crap network and shouldn't offer uncapped accounts
    ----> we know this is not true cus mweb is now a tier 2 provider and has massive IPC locally and internationally.

    so 400kB/s is not hurting your network so please come up with a better response than that
    Maybe you should let daddy handle the internet from now on, So you can study to pass grade 8, okay?

    Graphic Designer
    LER Graphic

  13. #103
    Super Grandmaster gregmcc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    127.0.0.1, United Kingdom
    Posts
    16,935

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adambarta View Post
    Hello Will

    please dont come here with this attitude.. i you really think that my 400kB/s put a burden on your network then
    Stop whining on and on - you broke the rules, they tried to contact you. just move on - and dont try to run a open open free wifi point. No ISP in South Africa will allow you to do that with their cheap uncapped packages.

  14. #104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adambarta View Post
    Hello Will

    please dont come here with this attitude.. i you really think that my 400kB/s put a burden on your network then
    --> you have a crap network and shouldn't offer uncapped accounts
    ----> we know this is not true cus mweb is now a tier 2 provider and has massive IPC locally and internationally.

    so 400kB/s is not hurting your network so please come up with a better response than that
    The answer you are looking for is contained in the phrase "Contended network". MWEB buys capacity for a higher (MUCH higher) price than they sell it for. Normally this would lead to a loss, but in order to cover this they oversell their network. This is not new, every consumer ISP in the world does this. If they, for example, use a 10:1 contention ratio, they will provision 1Mbps for every 10Mbps they sell to clients. This is spread across the entire network. Therefore, for every 1 user that uses their full line speed, there will have to be 9 idle users on the network, otherwise it is over-utilized. In SA a lot of people want to get full line speed for downloads, so there needs to be a lot of idle users to accomplish this. The way MWEB has chosen is to prioritise traffic, and enforcing a FUP. While one user won't impact their network in any measurable way, a few thousand doing the same thing would. And if they make an exception for you, why not for everyone else?

    They have released a high-volume account that have gotten a lot of praise from people, with a MUCH better contention ratio than the home user one, at a higher price. This will probably be a better account for you in this case.

    No ISP reveals their contention ratio, as it reveals a lot of information about the ISP to competitors. But they are all contended networks.

  15. #105

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Surv0 View Post
    Why are you still going on about this? You must be retarded.
    When you signed up for the account, you obviously read the terms and conditions and obviously accepted them. Now if you go against those T&C's then Mweb has every right to cancel your account. Especially after you blatantly left your wireless network unsecured (Which only a retard would do) because you want to be cool? Sad little life you must have.

    Your attitude is childlike, and your ability to comprehend the situation makes you even more of a moron. The more you go on about this, the more muddied your name becomes. I hope you arent looking for any respect here because you definitely wont get it now.

    You claim to have knowledge of how networks work, probably through google and some technical articles, but im pretty sure you dont understand it and thus take this course of action to hopefully gain support, but alas, you will only find opponents of your warped logic.
    Relax, breath...there now.

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567 891011 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •