Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter



Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 137

Thread: Anyone bought from smartbuyglasses.co.za?

  1. #31
    Super Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Previously this post ->
    Posts
    29,967

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marine1 View Post
    The site seems to be a scam:
    Check out these reports:
    http://www.google.co.za/search?sourc...lasses+scam%3F
    Quite a few of them have positive results though. You can search for just about any store + scam and find results these days, unhappy customers rule the internet.

    EDIT: Just to add, I too have my doubts about the company. The old saying, if it's too good to be true it probably isn't is a good one to follow.
    Last edited by Fudzy; 24-02-2011 at 03:46 PM.
    Every time you make a typo, the errorists win

  2. #32

    Default

    Yeah and you will probably find a lot of the positive reviews from "anon" or "unregistered" are self penned, to balance things up a little.

    I woudn't chance my hard earned cash there, that's for sure.

  3. #33

    Default

    They dont stock Oakley sunglasses. If I am not mistaken Oakley is the only manufacturer with a patent on the curve of their lenses. Wonder if this stops people from manufacturing fakes....
    May the wors be with you

  4. #34
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Johannesburg
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Haha dont know if anyone is going to belive this, but my glasses arrived. i really couldnt belive it.

    4 hours after i recieved this email.

    "We are happy to inform you that your order has passed through our quality control check and has already been dispatched to your specified address. You should receive your order very soon.
    If you would like to track your delivery status, please input your tracking number 3585858474 on the website of our logistics partner (see below) to obtain the detailed shipping status."

    Either they got some really fast delivery or thier email notifications are a bit on the slow side but i had really thought that i just lost R900.
    I dont know what to think of it all now.

    Maybe miracles can happend, now if the lions can just beat the stormers on saturday.
    Last edited by aksKOP; 24-02-2011 at 05:45 PM. Reason: missing text

  5. #35
    Garfield's Teddy Pooky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Neverland
    Posts
    24,043

    Default

    I highly doubt they are a scam.

    However, I recently bought some 'Porsche' glasses from China, and I doubt anyone could tell the difference between these and thee real thing. They are high quality, with all the proper markings and materials.
    enoki.co.za
    In the depths of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer. -Albert Camus

  6. #36
    Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    2,323

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sbg View Post
    For those wondering how we could have such low prices, it's fairly simple, we ship thousands of orders every month, so we can negotiate better prices with our suppliers!
    Then why have I been struggling so hard to find a customer?

    Hehe, gotta be tough to market an online business

    Anyway, I still on the fence about this...

  7. #37
    Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    2,323

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jouda View Post
    They dont stock Oakley sunglasses. If I am not mistaken Oakley is the only manufacturer with a patent on the curve of their lenses. Wonder if this stops people from manufacturing fakes....
    I am sure most of the other glass companies have registered designs to protect themselves and based on trade mark law it would be very easy to shut it down manufacturing based on counterfeiting.

  8. #38
    Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Johannesburg
    Posts
    1,608

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aksKOP View Post
    Haha dont know if anyone is going to belive this, but my glasses arrived. i really couldnt belive it.

    4 hours after i recieved this email.

    "We are happy to inform you that your order has passed through our quality control check and has already been dispatched to your specified address. You should receive your order very soon.
    If you would like to track your delivery status, please input your tracking number 3585858474 on the website of our logistics partner (see below) to obtain the detailed shipping status."

    Either they got some really fast delivery or thier email notifications are a bit on the slow side but i had really thought that i just lost R900.
    I dont know what to think of it all now.

    Maybe miracles can happend, now if the lions can just beat the stormers on saturday.
    Lol...does anyone take this guy seriously. So, we suddenly have superNODE and aksKOP register on Mybb. Both punt the site but from different angles. One has a fantastic experience the other acts as if he almost lost his money but in record time he receives his order in one day. Also, note how both go out of their way to prove they a South African? To add to this, an 'employee' of smartbuyglasses also registers on the same day.

    lol...really now.
    I Love Me


  9. #39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RandomGRK View Post
    Lol...does anyone take this guy seriously. So, we suddenly have superNODE and aksKOP register on Mybb. Both punt the site but from different angles. One has a fantastic experience the other acts as if he almost lost his money but in record time he receives his order in one day. Also, note how both go out of their way to prove they a South African? To add to this, an 'employee' of smartbuyglasses also registers on the same day.

    lol...really now.
    offer them a box of tissues & tell them to go play with themselves on the freeway during peak traffic
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Librarian View Post
    Can see it in my mind's eye:Chilligirl's Compoota Factorie - Alle Compoota's Repaired Or Fixxited at Bargain Prices Notte to be Sneezed atte

  10. #40

    Default

    Ordered a pair of Rudy Projects in November, paid with my credit card, glasses delivered to my door about 3 weeks later.
    The wait more than makes up for the price imho.
    You can take Telkom out of the Post Office but you can't take the Post Office out of Telkom.
    Quote Originally Posted by bekdik View Post
    Expecting a corporate to do something out of a spirit of goodwill is about as efective as expecting to win a lottery without purchasing a ticket. It ain't gonna happen!

  11. #41

    Default

    I am sure this site is genuine as I said a few posts back, don't know about the glasses, but it looks ok.
    The main thing that works in their favour is that they are paypal merchants - they won't get away with selling fakes for too long - just pay with paypal and any funny business lodge a complaint, you get your money back and paypal blacklist them.

  12. #42
    Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    2,323

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BTTB View Post
    Ordered a pair of Rudy Projects in November, paid with my credit card, glasses delivered to my door about 3 weeks later.
    The wait more than makes up for the price imho.
    Finally, a happy customer with more than 1 post

    Quote Originally Posted by za1 View Post
    I am sure this site is genuine as I said a few posts back, don't know about the glasses, but it looks ok.
    The main thing that works in their favour is that they are paypal merchants - they won't get away with selling fakes for too long - just pay with paypal and any funny business lodge a complaint, you get your money back and paypal blacklist them.
    Ahhh, some how missed the paypal bit.

    I am know leaning towards giving it a go...

  13. #43

    Default

    My feelings are neutral. I paid for something and it was delivered. Nothing more nothing less.
    There is a tracking system backed up by email alerts in order to follow your parcel from it's source to the actual delivery of about 3 weeks later.

    What made my decision was the price. The pair of glasses I bought for about R1400 was priced R3600 at a local retailer.
    At the time I was weary but mostly due to ignorance as I have only bought a few things online in my life, but I read some positive reports on another South African Forum called Sealine which made my decision.

    Hope this helps.
    You can take Telkom out of the Post Office but you can't take the Post Office out of Telkom.
    Quote Originally Posted by bekdik View Post
    Expecting a corporate to do something out of a spirit of goodwill is about as efective as expecting to win a lottery without purchasing a ticket. It ain't gonna happen!

  14. #44

    Default

    I'm gonna take my chances with R900.
    I always wanted a pair of genuine Ray-bans but the prices at Sunglasshut put me off.
    life is short, eat dessert first

  15. #45
    Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    2,323

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kokzn View Post
    I'm gonna take my chances with R900.
    I always wanted a pair of genuine Ray-bans but the prices at Sunglasshut put me off.
    Please let us know how it goes, I can only make my purchase near at the end of March.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •