Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Starting a Japanese relief fun

Default Starting a Japanese relief fun

Basically will be posting the Facebook page link here. Also going to get in contact with the Japanese Embassy to see how we can donate food, clothes etc.

If you want to help please reply to this thread

Quote Originally Posted by Linoman View Post
    Basically will be posting the Facebook page link here. Also going to get in contact with the Japanese Embassy to see how we can donate food, clothes etc.

If you want to help please reply to this thread
    Japanese relief fun or fund ?
    Check your topic.

You need the correct paper work blah blah blah else SARS is going to want their cut and then there is customs & excise followed by exchange controls.
    Last edited by ponder; 11-03-2011 at 08:09 PM.
    entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

*Mod please fix title*

Grandmaster

As much as what has happened is sad, and a disaster. We have a disaster on our back doors, we live in a country that has enough problems of its own, if you are not already, try get involved with something to help people in your own country! Not intended to bash your idea, just a thought though!
    http://www.domaincheap.co.za
    Please signup to Dropbox with my referral! Greatly appreciated!

Reminds me of this video - Japan doesn't need projects!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mjq4-...layer_embedded
    "I believe, that even in the dark.Your voice casts a ray of hope. Take me away, to somewhere I can breathe." KOKIA

Why should we support a disaster that is man made vs natural. Supporting a man made disaster is throwing hard earned money away

Sent from my X10i using MyBroadband Android App

Wow let us hope one day that you lot don't need help from other people. Whatever happened to the term compassion? Without it we are no better than the lowest forms of life. If me wanting to help and make a difference to thousands of innocent peoples lives (heck even if it only helps one person) then it is time and money well spent.

Quote Originally Posted by DurbanMonkey View Post
    Why should we support a disaster that is man made vs natural. Supporting a man made disaster is throwing hard earned money away

Sent from my X10i using MyBroadband Android App
    what you mean man made?
    Cowboy's never cry

As a wise man once said, men are from Mars and women like penis.

Quote Originally Posted by Helghast View Post
    what you mean man made?
    I'm also
    Soli Deo Gloria
    Jesus loves you as you are, not as you should be.

|GeckoStretchTents|DomainCheap|FixedAssetManagement|

I don't think the japs need our help. They are a very organised country that will sort this mess out in no time. They did get back on their feet after the nuke hit.
    "Less Sodom and more Gamora"
    Zap

Quote Originally Posted by teraside View Post
    I'm also
    I think what he means is should we help innocent civilians who have indirectly been supporting a tyrant like Gadaffi in Libya and now require assistance with the current disaster that's taking place there.
    I could be wrong though.

Quote Originally Posted by DrYes View Post
    I think what he means is should we help innocent civilians who have indirectly been supporting a tyrant like Gadaffi in Libya and now require assistance with the current disaster that's taking place there.
    I could be wrong though.
    We talking about Japan here not Libya.
    Cowboy's never cry

As a wise man once said, men are from Mars and women like penis.

maybe you should team-up with an organisation like :http://www.giftofthegivers.org/ they have all the channels in place

Quote Originally Posted by Linoman View Post
    Wow let us hope one day that you lot don't need help from other people. Whatever happened to the term compassion? Without it we are no better than the lowest forms of life. If me wanting to help and make a difference to thousands of innocent peoples lives (heck even if it only helps one person) then it is time and money well spent.
    While I see your point and your noble intentions, I support the poor communities who live not even 1 km from me. We give financial aid and our time (teaching maths, recruiting, etc.). Japan will bounce back in no time and other first world countries with billions to spare will help them (see news headlines). Why don't we harness this feeling of generosity and help those around us? They are the ones who will break into our house and hijack us out of desperation - let's not let them need to get that desperate.

But if you do channel your funds to Japan, it's better than you doing nothing - so go for it.

EDIT: What fund did you set up for the 100+ devastating shack fires that happen every year in SA?
    Last edited by elysian; 11-03-2011 at 09:54 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast