Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 3G prepaid data prices slashed by G-Connect

Default 3G prepaid data prices slashed by G-Connect

3G prepaid data prices slashed by G-Connect

G-Connect reduces their prepaid 3G data prices by more than 50% with new data packages launched

What the hell, woooosh is way better. Infact it's F'ing Perfect!

SmoothOokerMaximus The_Librarian's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Great!

this time I hope they're not bullied into canceling the lower prices...
    Christ-mass is NOT for Christians. Jeremiah 10.
    Is the 10 Commandments for Christians?

Saturday is the Seventh day, Sunday is the first day.

A cleverly constructed offer and one that can actually work well for a rtaveller. If I've got it right, for R399 I can do a blend as follows:

200MB WiFi - God knows when, but maybe I'm out of 3G coverage at some time.
    3GB DSL - for home use
    1.4GB - while mobile

The major downside is that you need to be rocket scientist to figure out which offer works best for you.

Grandmaster
    South of the Jacarandas and north of the Jukskei

Quote Originally Posted by Odracir View Post
    What the hell, woooosh is way better. Infact it's F'ing Perfect!
    Yes. For 2 and 1/2 months R399 for G-Connect, I can buy a year of whoosh from CellC...

Default what?

On the face of it, this seems like a complicated offer. Are laypeople really gonna want to wade through tables of info before making a decision?

Make your offering simpler. Thats what people want, irrespective how cheap your offering might be.

Check the MWEB or Cell C sites.

Useful if you need an all in one package.
    15c per mb is R150 per GB. Much better than Vodacom/MTN/Telkom/CellC prepaid pricing. CellC sells 1GB for R250. The 30 day expiry is too little however. So it is R399 for 2.66GB of data that has to be used up in a month. In a year you would spend R4800 for 31.92GBs. There's even a 15 day package! To pay R299 for 15 days of internet sucks. In a year you would spend R7200.

If you're smart you would go for CellC's 5GB per month for 12 months R1999 (60GB for R1999) bundle deal which works out close to 3c per mb. i.e around 5 times cheaper. Even the 2GB per month R999 deal works out around 4c per mb.

I will stick with FNB Connect's 3G data, thank you. Their data does not expire & I can use my eBucks to top up. Hopefully their price will drop below 59c/mb eventually.

Me too, G-Connect is just way complicated...

Good to see competition picking up in the mobile market.
    VPS locally hosted, Windows or Linux - R149pm!
    Uncapped 10Mbps ADSL - R549pm!
    www.buzybuy.com - Your personal ISP

Grandmaster

3G priority is still at R150/gig which is not that bad, but Cellc still out-classes it by 100% (R149/2Gig)

Dear Admin or Staff writer,

Please keep your column headings in the same order, it lends to easier comparison.

Thanks
    Q9550 @3.8 | Asus P5Q DLX | 4x2G ddrII 800 | 460GTX | Samsung S2333SW | Win7 x64 Ult

i've got cell c whoosh 5gig, but unfortunately for me the speeds are a bit slow , due to overcongestion (official word from Cell c)
    so i need to look at something else apart from Telkom

this R399 per month for 2.5gig is not bad, that is why im looking at this solution whilst i know that cell c is available

how do i connect to G-Connect? do i just buy a sim card from them? im only interested in the 3G connection

Quote Originally Posted by FrancTheTank View Post
    Dear Admin or Staff writer,

Please keep your column headings in the same order, it lends to easier comparison.

Thanks
    JFC! Now I realise why I was so confused

I would not have been so diplomatic...
    After a few posts all arguments end up at a base point...death penalty, religion, race-card, Middle East, etc. - waste of time - McD

G-Connect Company Representative

Quote Originally Posted by jxharding View Post
    i've got cell c whoosh 5gig, but unfortunately for me the speeds are a bit slow , due to overcongestion (official word from Cell c)
    so i need to look at something else apart from Telkom

this R399 per month for 2.5gig is not bad, that is why im looking at this solution whilst i know that cell c is available

how do i connect to G-Connect? do i just buy a sim card from them? im only interested in the 3G connection
    Please PM me your contact number and I'll get one of our call centre agents to give you a call and help you get started.

Do you connect via the Vodacom 3G network?
    Also would you have access to HSPA?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast