Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Good Mechanic in Joburg who can work on my Opel?

Blog Entries

Question Good Mechanic in Joburg who can work on my Opel?

Can anybody please suggest a good mechanic in the Joburg (South) area that can work on my Opel. I just had the head skimmed, but now the timing is all out again, and I don't want to take it to the same mechanics as before.

Please, suggestions only, no comments about whether you like Opel or not. And I prefer not to take it to Opel Service Centres.

Any mech should be able to do timing.

In future I would recommend a company called Blueprint Engineering for stuff like skimming, camshafts, boring, nikasil plating etc. Maybe give them a call and ask who they recommend for timing on a Opel. For similar engineering work in KZN call Aplha McDelta in Pinetown just of Old Main Rd..
    entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

In the future I'd recommend replacing the engine. 2nd hand Opel engines can be picked up for low prices. Especially Corsa B & C and Astra F & G engines. Corsa Lite engines I've seen go for R1.5k 2nd hand.

This rings true for all manufacturers: Once the engine has been opened, unless everything was done over there is a very large chance you are going to have problems down the road. Be it Opel, BMW, VW, etc. I've seen it on all brands.

Timing cannot be adjust on anything but really old Opel cars. If your timing is "out" it is a physical mechanical problem, not something that can be tuned by computer software. And trying to tune it with software would be going about it wrong since something is obviously wrong...

Anyway, All of that said, try:

Precision Auto Tuning
    www.precisionautotuning.co.za
    Viven Brahama - 083 786 3489

Grandmaster

Vivs is the man when it comes to OPCs and Coupes but I think he is a guru in general. Many positive comments about him on the OPC and Coupe forums.

not too brag but I consider myself the best . 11year experience and have my own motor workshop.
    Search Midrand Workshop on Google or www.midrandworkshop.co.za (should be active tomorrow)

Blog Entries

Thanks guys, will make some phone calls soon.