Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter



Page 1 of 6 1 2345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 89

Thread: Article: Gautrain fares announced

  1. #1
    Super Grandmaster blunomore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Sandton, JHB
    Posts
    25,129

    Default Gautrain fares for the North - South bound link (Pretoria to JHB)

    Apologies if this has been posted already.

    People who are interested in being notified of the Gautrain fares for the North - South bound link (Pretoria to Johannesburg) should subscribe to the Gautrain Rapid Round-up (Gautrain's email newsletter, containing Gautrain news, Construction Updates and competitions) at http://www.gautrain.co.za/about/email-subscription/ .

  2. #2

    Default

    Thanks Blu, hope this doesn't cost an arm and a leg.
    Engineering - this is where the semi-skilled workers realize the work of better minds. Hello, Oompah-Loompahs of science.

  3. #3
    King of de Jungle Garyvdh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    District 9
    Posts
    64,638
    Blog Entries
    21

    Default

    What is the point? The fares are well beyond the reach of 90% of South Africans anyway.

  4. #4
    Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sandton, JHB
    Posts
    1,538

    Default

    Yeah if Sandton->OR Tambo = R100; the JHB->PTA will be even more than that... waaay too expensive.

  5. #5
    Super Grandmaster blunomore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Sandton, JHB
    Posts
    25,129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Garyvdh View Post
    What is the point? The fares are well beyond the reach of 90% of South Africans anyway.
    Just for those who are interested

    I suspect it will be cheaper than e.g. the Sandton/ORT link.

  6. #6
    Grandmaster DWPTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Ben Schoeman Highway
    Posts
    2,146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blunomore View Post
    Just for those who are interested

    I suspect it will be cheaper than e.g. the Sandton/ORT link.
    Yip, afiak the ORTIA - Sandton Station link will be the cash cow and all other routes should be reasonable, but TIA....

  7. #7
    Super Grandmaster blunomore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Sandton, JHB
    Posts
    25,129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DWPTA View Post
    Yip, afiak the ORTIA - Sandton Station link will be the cash cow and all other routes should be reasonable, but TIA....
    It does make sense, because that link carries all the tourists from ORT to JHB and back, as well as any other person wanting to get to ORT without using road transport.

    The link from Sandton to Rhodesfield station (which is SO close to the airport) is only R21 AFAIK. I stand corrected on this, though.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blunomore View Post
    It does make sense, because that link carries all the tourists from ORT to JHB and back, as well as any other person wanting to get to ORT without using road transport.

    The link from Sandton to Rhodesfield station (which is SO close to the airport) is only R21 AFAIK. I stand corrected on this, though.
    Correct, was gonna post that.

  9. #9
    King of de Jungle Garyvdh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    District 9
    Posts
    64,638
    Blog Entries
    21

    Default

    OK, well... we will let you guys keep us posted!

  10. #10
    Grandmaster wise_guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Gore Tang
    Posts
    1,808
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    I suspect you'll be able to purchase a monthly ticket at a reduced rate,instead of forking out everytime you board the train.
    The fee will definitely be lower than your monthly JHB-PTA petrol bill if you are commuting every working day.

  11. #11
    Mafia Addict GhostSixFour's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rock <> Hard place
    Posts
    8,174

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blunomore View Post
    It does make sense, because that link carries all the tourists from ORT to JHB and back, as well as any other person wanting to get to ORT without using road transport.

    The link from Sandton to Rhodesfield station (which is SO close to the airport) is only R21 AFAIK. I stand corrected on this, though.
    And if you want to use a bus at the other end it is still only R33. IMO very affordable for people staying in that part of the world and working in sandton.
    Crossfit is like the reverse of Fight Club - Because the first rule of Crossfit is to never STFU about Crossfit.

  12. #12
    Super Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    My own Planet
    Posts
    39,557
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Friday night round 11ish they were testing the train on the centurion link. was awsome. You go 120 and it makes it look like you are looking for parking
    Never, never and never again shall it be that this beautiful land will again experience the oppression of one by another. NM-1994

  13. #13
    Super Grandmaster blunomore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Sandton, JHB
    Posts
    25,129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mila View Post
    Friday night round 11ish they were testing the train on the centurion link. was awsome. You go 120 and it makes it look like you are looking for parking
    I remember in the 3 or so months before the Sandton station and the ORT link opened, we were just as excited ! Every little piece of progress was cheered on - it gives you such a nice feeling as the big day of that first official trip comes closer

  14. #14
    Super Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    My own Planet
    Posts
    39,557
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blunomore View Post
    I remember in the 3 or so months before the Sandton station and the ORT link opened, we were just as excited ! Every little piece of progress was cheered on - it gives you such a nice feeling as the big day of that first official trip comes closer
    I have to admit that I was negative about this. But I have decided not to be. This is not the answer for the people in taxi's but it might be the answer to less idiots in fancy cars on the highways

    // flame suit.

    I'm genuinely excited about this.
    Never, never and never again shall it be that this beautiful land will again experience the oppression of one by another. NM-1994

  15. #15
    Hobbit Peder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Pretoria South Africa
    Posts
    8,667
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mila View Post
    Friday night round 11ish they were testing the train on the centurion link. was awsome. You go 120 and it makes it look like you are looking for parking
    my office is right in front of the trainline and the train goes past quite a few times a day.

    Must admit its terribly quiet, just wish i could be one of the ghosts riding the train (since the train is totally empty)
    www.houseofmyglory.com
    I only use Ozone Friendly Language

Page 1 of 6 1 2345 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •