Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter



Page 29 of 79 FirstFirst ... 192526272829 3031323339 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 435 of 1185

Thread: Cell C Network Issues: Disconnects, Coverage, Throughput Problems - Report Here

  1. #421

    Default

    Extremely slow in Milnerton lagoon beach rugby. craaaaawling for the last 2 weeks now unbearable.

  2. #422

    Default whatever you did dont change it

    My connection is really fast for the first time in weeks. Keep the settings just like that. I bet it was an upgrade.

  3. #423

    Default

    My connection is also suddenly much faster since yesterday.

  4. #424
    Resident Lead Bender Ockie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Henceforth AKA OckieMoto :-)
    Posts
    30,217

    Default

    Have any of u.guys been experiencing loss of EDGE connectivity on ure phones? When I put my phone on 2g there is no data connection available. Does not even come up with the "E" indicator. When I zwitch to.3g then it has data....but I do prefer 2g on my phone cause of better battery life and I have.cound.that 3g often is unusable still....zpecially @ home.

    Areas I have noticed this.problem is cyrildene and midrand

  5. #425
    Resident Lead Bender Ockie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Henceforth AKA OckieMoto :-)
    Posts
    30,217

    Default

    Just to ad. I took a Vodacom prepaid sim and tested it....does not have the same problem...so definitely not a fault on my phone. Will leave the Vodacom sim in for tonight and check it out further.
    I don't pay taxes, I pay royalties
    Pieter Dirk Uys

  6. #426
    Super Grandmaster kingrob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    20,516

    Default

    You should phone Alan, not Craig, and complain.

  7. #427
    Resident Lead Bender Ockie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Henceforth AKA OckieMoto :-)
    Posts
    30,217

    Default

    @ kingrob.....seems to have been fixed. Got my edge back :-) just hope it stays fixed. Was driving me nuts.

  8. #428
    Super Grandmaster kingrob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    20,516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ocleroux View Post
    @ kingrob.....seems to have been fixed. Got my edge back :-) just hope it stays fixed. Was driving me nuts.
    Glad it's working again.

    What did CellC have before 2G?

    3G!

  9. #429
    Super Grandmaster ginggs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Good-w00t! Cape Town
    Posts
    9,066

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kingrob View Post
    What did CellC have before 2G?

    3G!
    What Cell-C have before 3G?

    4G 4GS


  10. #430
    Super Grandmaster ginggs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Good-w00t! Cape Town
    Posts
    9,066

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ocleroux View Post
    Have any of u.guys been experiencing loss of EDGE connectivity on ure phones? When I put my phone on 2g there is no data connection available. Does not even come up with the "E" indicator. When I zwitch to.3g then it has data....but I do prefer 2g on my phone cause of better battery life and I have.cound.that 3g often is unusable still....zpecially @ home.

    Areas I have noticed this.problem is cyrildene and midrand
    I experienced the same problem in Somerset West today. 3G practically non-existent so phone switched to 2.5G, showed it was connected, but absolutely zero data throughput.

  11. #431
    Super Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Western Cape
    Posts
    5,267
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    The new CellC tower in Cannon Street in Plumstead, started sending data at 10% speeds about 10 days ago and has given up. CellC were not aware of this and blame it on my equipment, but 2 other people, both in Plumstead experience the same

    It also stopped transmitting on 2100MHz and there is only a signal on 900MHz. The signal is fine (88%) but the data throughput awful. Download speed 0.48mb/sec and upload 0.01mb/sec and 485ms latency
    Things won are done; joy's soul lies in the doing

  12. #432

    Default

    There is no internet connection at all in Braamfontein since 5 pm today!

    Cell C please fix this.
    60GB 1820

  13. #433

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stochos View Post
    There is no internet connection at all in Braamfontein since 5 pm today!

    Cell C please fix this.
    60GB 1820
    Thanks Cell-C!!
    Got full connection now.
    -69dBm

  14. #434

    Default Network issues 4 May?

    Is there an issue in the midrand/centurion area? When ever I try to make a call the phone thinks for about 10 seconds and the says "call ended". Sms and browsing are fine, phone is reporting full signal. Rebooting hasn't helped.

  15. #435
    Resident Lead Bender Ockie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Henceforth AKA OckieMoto :-)
    Posts
    30,217

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cupofjoe View Post
    Is there an issue in the midrand/centurion area? When ever I try to make a call the phone thinks for about 10 seconds and the says "call ended". Sms and browsing are fine, phone is reporting full signal. Rebooting hasn't helped.
    Just tested it by dialing office number. Working fine here. I am on New RD Midrand.
    I don't pay taxes, I pay royalties
    Pieter Dirk Uys

Page 29 of 79 FirstFirst ... 192526272829 3031323339 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •