Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: 20 best mobile phones in the world today : Techradar

Default 20 best mobile phones in the world today : Techradar

http://www.techradar.com/news/phone-...d-today-645440

let the flaming begin

ps, its in the Android section cos most of the phones on that list are Android

I really dont know how the normal desire tops the dhd and the sgs. But I said it with their previous review aswell.

I think the SGS2 will top this list when released. GSMArena already crowned it the best phone

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by phoneJunky View Post
    I really dont know how the normal desire tops the dhd and the sgs. But I said it with their previous review aswell.
    Problem with rating the top 20, is that people are always bias, esp when it comes to something like a Personal phone.
    I would rather read this as the 20 best mobile phones instead of the top 20 as in a countdown, and I would agree with you, my DHD is in my pocket when I leave my house and my Desire, iPhone and Trophy stays on my work desk.

Its the dam screen I tell you, I will probably only swap my DHD for something that has the same screen size if I ever do.

Very nice reviews.
    I got the LG Optimus 2x

Brilliant phone. Only downside is that no Android 2.3 yet. Hopefully 2.3 update by June / July

Not expensive either (410)

I will only trade my DHD for a qHD 4.3" (with minimal bezel) device running dual core processor at 1gb memory made by HTC
    Nexus 4/7 | i7 3770k | GA GTX 660Ti OC | MSI Z77A-G43 | 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws | 128G M4 Crucial SSD | CM Storm Trooper Chassis | 2x24" Dell IPS U2412M Monitors

Trade it for a Sensation then, only it is 768MB RAM, not 1GB.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazYmonkeY159 View Post
    I will only trade my DHD for a qHD 4.3" (with minimal bezel) device running dual core processor at 1gb memory made by HTC

Obviously this article is incorrect as the SGS is by far the most superior mobile. Yes Elimentals, I am being very biased because it is the truth .

Just FYI
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Samsung Galaxy 10.1v GT-P7100 Android JB 4.1.2 CynogenMod 10
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1

Blog Entries

I can't access the page that displays all the phones so can someone tell me what the Top 5 are.

1. SE Xperia Arc
    2. HTC Desire S
    3. HTC Desire
    4. iPhone 4
    5. Samsung Galaxy S

Honestly, this is a stupid list. I own the Desire. I love it, and I've recommended it to friends, especially given how cheap it currently it is on Vodacom. But there's no way it's third-best phone in the world. It has two glaring faults: battery life, and more importantly, pathetically small internal storage which undermines the entire purpose of a smartphone, ie. to install 3rd-party apps.

I've been able to alleviate these problems to some extent by rooting the phone, installing an AOSP ROM, and creating an ext3 partition on the SD card to take advantage of apps2sd. But this is way beyond the technical competence of a "normal" user, and frankly, you shouldn't have to hack your phone and violate your warranty just to get normal functionality to work.

How they manage to rank the Desire ahead of the Incredible S, the Nexus S, the SGS, the LG Optimus 2x and Motorola Atrix, I have no idea.

Blog Entries

@vulk.Thanks.Having 2 HTC desire's in the top 5 is a bit of a luxury I think.

Just as I suspected.
    SGS2 is now the top phone
    http://www.techradar.com/news/phone-...440?artc_pg=21

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rands View Post
    Just as I suspected.
    SGS2 is now the top phone
    The SGS2 is the top phone everywhere even Engadget rated it better than iPhone, and that alone is an achievement if you ask me.

ja, looks good, too bad we probably wont see it here for a good few months. SA cell providers are sooooooo lame.