Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Vodacom4me registration

the wilds, pretoria (east), woodlands boulevard

Default Vodacom4me registration

It seems as if one cannot register at the Vodacom4me website without a Vodacom cellnumber.

Put in other words, how can one sign up at Vodacom4me if you are a 3G subscriber using MTN or Cell-C as your cellphone provider?

Reason for signing up is obviously to check my 3G usage ...

Any ideas?

Grandmaster

i think you should register with the cell number of the voda sim that's in your 3g card

Quote Originally Posted by jarr
    i think you should register with the cell number of the voda sim that's in your 3g card
    I did not get a cellnumber with the SIM card, that field is blank on the card. Furthermore, one will get a pass3word via SMS, that won't wotk with a 3G datacard ...

Send your self a sms from vmc to any other number u have. That way you will see what your number is for your 3g sim. or stick your sim in a cell phone and phone someone and then you will also get your number.

Thanks for the tip - will try it out.

Super Grandmaster

Another thing, you can't register on vodacom4me if you are dialled up with 3G

Quote Originally Posted by Veroland
    Another thing, you can't register on vodacom4me if you are dialled up with 3G
    Why would that be?

Sounds a bit silly to me, surely they should design/develop a new sign-up method, perhaps sending the confirmation details to an e-mail address for 3G subscribers?

Super Grandmaster

There is something with the backbones 3G uses etc. Stupid if you ask me, but all you get is "page cannot be displayed" when you use 3G and try to register or change password. I had to set up my analog modem just so I can subscribe!

Grandmaster

it wasn't perhaps an error on the site itself? there have been numerous problems reported here with the vodacom4me site, so i'm just wondering if it was not just coincidence that it worked when you tried with a dial-up connection?

Super Grandmaster

I wan't until somebody else noticed the 3G problem that I tried dial up. So I'm sure it wasn't a funny

When will we be able to login once and see all of the phones/contracts you own?

Super Grandmaster

3G subscriber using MTN or Cell-C as your cellphone provider?
    What does that mean? MTN gave you the cellphone but you are using a Vodacom simcard?? Surely MTN didn't give you a Vodacom simcard [as opposed to an MTN simcard] with the phone did they?

Sounds a bit silly to me, surely they should design/develop a new sign-up method, perhaps sending the confirmation details to an e-mail address for 3G subscribers?
    I struggled even MORE with MTN's signup. They don't even SMS you, on the page you get a random *123-xxx# number you need to punch in on your cellphone to sign up. So now you need to disconnect in order to do that, and
    once you loose internet connection the page times out and they generate a new random number... For all that coolness, SMS is still better.

Default vodacom4me.co.za via wap

For the vodacom4me registration how about try registering via your phone's WAP/GPRS web browser on vodacom4me.co.za? (if you can't access it via 3G on pc)

vodacom4me.co.za has a WML/WAP interface when you visit it with your cellphone (wml/xhtml browser)... it includes a link to "register".

I also have the link here: http://wap.defza.com/voda

----
    http://www.defza.com
    ----