Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast

Thread: How to use a Cell-C SIM with VMB 10.1

Default How to use a Cell-C SIM with VMB 10.1

Do you have a Cell-C SIM card and want to use it with a Vodafone modem, but the dashboard tells you the SIM card is unknown?

Below the Vodafone Mobile Broadband installation directory (normally 'C:\Program Files\Vodafone\Vodafone Mobile Broadband') is a directory named 'Opco' which contains an XML configuration file (Opcos.XML) and a directory for each of the various Vodafone operators by country.

Extract the 'Opco' directory from vmb_cellc.zip and place it in your Vodafone Mobile Broadband installation directory. This operation will overwrite 'Opco\Opcos.XML' and create a directory named 'Opco\65507 South Africa'. This needs to be done with administrative privileges, so start Explorer as Admin.

Tested with Vodafone Mobile Broadband 10.1.108 on Windows XP SP3 and Windows 7.

Updated for VMB 10.2 here, thanks Tun@!
    Last edited by ginggs; 14-04-2013 at 02:43 PM.

Nice tip Ginggs. Thanks
    Soli Deo Gloria
    Jesus loves you as you are, not as you should be.

|GeckoStretchTents|DomainCheap|FixedAssetManagement|

You can also download the native Huawei Mobile Partner and manually add the Cell C profile in. http://www.huaweidevice.com
    @mogwaai

Quote Originally Posted by mogwaai View Post
    You can also download the native Huawei Mobile Partner and manually add the Cell C profile in. http://www.huaweidevice.com
    Only if your modem is made by Huawei.

Quote Originally Posted by ginggs View Post
    Only if your modem is made by Huawei.
    YIP! Of course should of added it but do they have any other brands?? All I've ever got from VC is Huawei devices.
    @mogwaai

does it works with my K3805-Z??? i live at indonesia and it say incorrect SIM detected???? help me pls...............

Quote Originally Posted by khiang View Post
    does it works with my K3805-Z??? i live at indonesia and it say incorrect SIM detected???? help me pls...............
    Vodafone Mobile Broadband 10.1 does work with the K3805-Z. You will need to rename the directory and modify the XML files as appropriate for your operator in Indonesia, see my response here.

Tried this and it worked.
    But whenI put my Vodacom sim back in, it wouldn't work. I thought this was a kind of "unlock all networks" or "add CellC network" trick.
    So I replaced the original Opcos.XML file and deleted the Cell C folder, but still nothing. Had to uninstall and re-install the VMB software
    Quote Originally Posted by VodacomData View Post
    Let me know if there is anything i can do to make you happier with Vodacom , except pricing................

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    But whenI put my Vodacom sim back in, it wouldn't work. I thought this was a kind of "unlock all networks" or "add CellC network" trick.
    Putting the Vodacom SIM back in works fine for me. This is an "add CellC" network trick.

Quote Originally Posted by ginggs View Post
    Putting the Vodacom SIM back in works fine for me. This is an "add CellC" network trick.
    Did you have to restart or antying first, or just unplug, swap sim and replug?

I'll try tonight and see. I know it gave an error but can't remember what it was.
    Quote Originally Posted by VodacomData View Post
    Let me know if there is anything i can do to make you happier with Vodacom , except pricing................

thanks for the info.
    "Why is there something rather than nothing?"
    Gottfried Leibniz

Default MTN?

Hi,

Any chance of getting the MTN settings? Im lazy and dont want to ply around. Sorry.

Thx
    Kaboose

Blog Entries

Hi there, i am using a vodafone HSPA usb stick, K3765, i used the zipped file and overwrote Opco with the xml, i have inserted my cellc sim card in but it still comes up with an error saying Sim not regiestered?

what am i doing wrong?
    Legend

http://www.dc-files.com/
    Never struggle again. Download the non-branded software/firmware for your dongle.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lcbxx View Post
    http://www.dc-files.com/
    Never struggle again. Download the non-branded software/firmware for your dongle.
    Stupid Question, but how to download from there? there isnt links.

Many thanks
    Legend

Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast