Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 8 LastLast

Thread: MTN 2GB Data @ R149 PM Promotion

Quote Originally Posted by Creature View Post
    I just got my first bill for this. What a mess. The total came up to R542,39. They charged me R341 for the 2GB data bundle, R87 connection fee, R87 Migration fee (dunno what this is for as I am a new client and did not have to migtrate), R36 for a 75MB data bundle (where in the world did u get this from), R10 for caller ID (ITS A ****ING DATA CARD I DO NOT NEED THIS ***!!!).

Now I would like to know if I can go to the CPA with this. They are screwing me over around every turn. I wanna sue them!!!!!
    Sorry, but thats what you get for using MTN, totally expected.

Not the shock and horror expressed by other BB members...oh wait... the opposite.

CallerID charge on a data card?! lmao

Ah....so nothing has changed at MTN.

Still the useless customer care company they've been a few years ago, still ripping off their customers, the call centre still sounds like a homecoming rally for the ANC....
    ..pretty much a normal day at MTN then.

Does anyone know how all these reduced fees and specials affect existing customers? Im still paying R350 for 1GB since last year... surely that's not fair??? O wait it's MTN. Fair is nota word they understand. Nor service. Nor signal. Nor returning phonecalls. Nor humanity....

Quote Originally Posted by Meteor View Post
    Sorry, but thats what you get for using MTN, totally expected.

Not the shock and horror expressed by other BB members...oh wait... the opposite.
    PLease please can I testify in that case? I'd LOVE to see MTN crash 'n burn yeah!!!

Definatly going to try this one, dont trust cellc when they said they will not oversubscribe!

OK

So saw the special and took it up.....

The modem is good (e367), much better than that e1850..... has its own internal aerial and has an input for external aerial which is very important as I work with a 3g router and cant get signal in the room where the router needs to be set up.

BUT, this is the second month and am being allocated 4gigs? Am waiting on tenderhooks for the bill.....

Anyone who has taken this offer up experience anything like this ?

Quote Originally Posted by evanr View Post
    Definatly going to try this one, dont trust cellc when they said they will not oversubscribe!
    So you trust MTN billing and you have no problem with a 24 month contract?

Default MTN is really riding us....

MTN is really riding us....

Below is a similar story of what I experienced in MTN Brooklyn shop earlier today - 16 June 2011:-

I applied for the 2Gig MTN R149 sometime back and the shop called me today at 12h15 (I still have the call log) informing me that the modem is ready for pick-up and I can come through. I drove all the way from Sandton to Pretoria and I was given an E173 modem and I objected to the lady assistant in the shop that I applied for an E367 modem, chances are this E173 will not connect at 21Mbps and she went to the back office and came back insuring me that the modems are the same and it will connect at 21Mbps. After having packed the box and the papers in a plastic bag, she re-opened wanting to check if the sim was Rica'ed (as she mentioned that it will not work if not Rica'ed) - indeed it wasn't RICA'ed and she went ahead to RICA the sim and gave me back the bag - I even asked if it was now ready and activated for use and she confirmed that it's going to be plug and play as she had put the sim card in the modem already. Coming home, I did plug the modem but as fate would have it, there was no play! Immediately I got an sms informing that unless the sim is RICA, it will not work - I thought it was an error so I called MTN help on 173 and the agent immediately informed that the sim needs to be taken in for RICA! I went further to ask the agent if he can confirm for me what the maximum connection speed for the E173 modem is - I was on hold for a good 12 minutes or so and the agent got back informing me that the E173 modem is a new modem that MTN had recently released and has a maximum connection speed of 7.1 Mega Pixels (I corrected him that it should be Mega bits per second).
    Now, is this the type of service we are paying MTN for or MTN is really taking South Africans for a ride and hoping we will enjoy the ride?! PLEASE MTN, NOT AT MY COST - YOU ARE ROBBING US IN BROAD DAYLIGHT!!! From Cindi13's complaint below, it seems to me MTN has trained its staff to lie to people in this manner - my question - IS MTN PLAYING A SCAM ON US??? That's not Ayoba! And MTN needs to be investigated! I am driving back to Pretoria tomorrow morning to hand back this mess to MTN - and Friday is supposed to be my day off - Eeish! VODACOM and their staff are really more switched on, they know their products and they know what they are doing - NOT these jokers at MTN - for what you claim and advertise, this kind of service is pathetic, to say the least.

Cindi13 wrote the following on Hellopeter:-

HEADLINE Wrong product No Rica wait weeks
    THE INCIDENT
    Sat 4 Jun

About 2 months ago I took out a contract for a blackberry phone after calling the store various times , i only got my phone about 3 weeks later, that is bad service. Then 2 weeks ago I applied for Mtn fastlink E367 contract, that took almost 2 weeks before I was told they don't have stock so the lady in store was very helpful and called another branch to find out if they have and they also said no, but apparently they had a replacement modem that was the just about the same as the one I should get or so they said, so today after just over 2 weeks of waiting I could go and pick up my modem and sim, instore they told that everything was fine and everything should work. when i got home i checked the difference between the modem I was suppose to get (E367) and the one I got (E173) major difference I was suppose to get a modem with speed up to 21.1 and only got one of 7.2 now that is just wrong, I would have not had a issue with this had they told me the truth but telling it is the same thing is just lying to me. Then I tried to connect and the software told me my sim needs to be reg with rica, arent they suppose to do that in store before giving me the sim vodacom does. not happy!

When you become an employee of MTN your induction for the first 2 weeks is "lying 101", followed by "advanced ignorance and buck-passing", but you only get the job after passing their stringent "blame, denial, apathy and stupidity" class. Then you get to apply your new skills by raping consumers every day. Go MTN, we love you guys.....

Quote Originally Posted by Wickedwally View Post
    OK

So saw the special and took it up.....

The modem is good (e367), much better than that e1850..... has its own internal aerial and has an input for external aerial which is very important as I work with a 3g router and cant get signal in the room where the router needs to be set up.

BUT, this is the second month and am being allocated 4gigs? Am waiting on tenderhooks for the bill.....

Anyone who has taken this offer up experience anything like this ?
    Same thing happened to me on the second month. So yeah, I will fight with em if need be, but I aint paying for 4 gigs. I will take it to court if that is what they gonna do to me.

Has anyone else’s data been loaded with 4 GB instead of 2 GB?

This is the second month that they have loaded an extra 2 GB.

Super Grandmaster

Can you get an additional sim on this deal (on top-up) that shares the same data bundle?

Guys, MTN is my only hope for a good mobile broadband connection. I have tried Vodacom, Cell C and Virgin. All don't have HSPA+ (3G) in my area but MTN does.

I saw this deal at Autopage on a 12 month contact with a 21.6mbps modem (available till end of July).

Can anyone confirm their experience with Autopage, with this deal in particular?

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by McCrazieGoalz View Post
    Autopage on a 12 month contract
    Signing a contract with Autopage is like selling your soul to the devil.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 8 LastLast