Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: DSTV and program guides - shocking!

Banned

Default DSTV and program guides - shocking!

Who else has Mythbusters on Discovery playing, and the electronic program guide says Stormforce....

with this quality of programming I really am going to wait for a PVR to drop a thousand rand or so...

What else can you expect? I think they have a bunch of idiots updating the guide. Sometimes you get the wrong synopsis for a program - you end up with a synopsis from a program with the same title, or you see horrible spelling mistakes as well.

Banned

oh well :-) I guess I will have to enjoy it.... DSTV is so much better than the other channels

Quote Originally Posted by RichardP
    Who else has Mythbusters on Discovery playing, and the electronic program guide says Stormforce....

with this quality of programming I really am going to wait for a PVR to drop a thousand rand or so...
    LOL this is a standard feature of DSTV! What do you expect for R450 pm? Don't tell me you expected it to work properly!

and I have not received my dish magazine this month ... thanks Multichoice or post office whoever is responsible!

I watched MythBusters, they actually re-started the whole episode after the first or 2nd break, which probably meant the time didn't shift accordingly...

this is why I won't trust my PVR (if i had one) to record the correct programs off of DSTV because their programming info is very unreliable

Yeah, because of their bad programming, my Tivo lost the end of Scrubs on Thurs, despite the 5 minute padding. Grr.

Turk and his wife realised that JD is holding their marriage together...

one thing is for sure, the people that make this mess are ABSOLUTE IDIOTS!!!

obviously they are incompetent to do their job, why they don't fire them!!!

How complicated would be to time adverts and everything else properly???

Quote Originally Posted by RichardP
    it is already R2800 at hi-fi corp

Thumbs down Pvr

Hi,

Simmilar problem here. Got my PVR 2 weeks ago @ R2999 + R975 for installation. Advertised as "keeping track of your programs even if broadcast time changes.." or something to that affect....not true.

Have scheduled 6 recordings over the past 2 weeks that ended a few minutes short due to broadcast starting late.

If I can advise you, wait a few months till they have sorted all their software and scheduling problems.

Riaan.

Any1 remember then CNN had the 911 things on and it Elec Program said "Wish you where you"

I really think that MC must fire quite a few people ... starting from the management !!!

their product is inferior and it get worst by the day, a year ago this kind of problems were rare and far between, today they are everyday thing!!!!!!!

Ja the product is ****, they boast about their 55 channels, I think for that price anything less than 100 channels would be something to be ashamed of.
    Intel 486 DX2 66MHz
    16MB RAM (4x4MB)
    Tseng 4000 1MB 256
    512MB HDD
    Creative Sound Blaster 16
    Creative Quad Speed CD-ROM
    14" Tatung VGA 800x600
    Windows 95

Quote Originally Posted by whoiswarren
    Ja the product is ****, they boast about their 55 channels, I think for that price anything less than 100 channels would be something to be ashamed of.
    I just wish their 55 channels were broadcast properly, i.e. adverts were timed properly, not cut off and overlaping over the normal program and sound volume was normal, not 5 times higher during adverts ...

after 1 hour watching DSTV I feel like killing some MC management staff ... and this is suppose to be something that you enjoy in your free time! bullsiht! it is something that upsets you in various differen ways, completely unpleasant experience!!!!!!!!

Grandmaster

i deffintitly agree swordfish, the most irritating thing for me is i will be watching a channel and the shows are so soft then the south african produced adverts are so loud, even on mnet, so there excuses are utter rubish. Everything is wrong with DSTV, the problem is that there is not a big enough customer base to add many more channels, also they are looking into getting some american channels at a delay because we are +- 6 hours ahead. They have some innovation but there management destroys it!

hmmm, rant over

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast