Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: HYUNDAI i20 problem

Angry HYUNDAI i20 problem

Last year October, my mom bought a Hyundai i20 2010 model, she had been very happy with the car till the beginning of this year. Since then there has been quite a loud sound of something moving around/possibly rattling coming from the left back wheel side. The car has only done about 5000km.

She took the car back to the dealership, as it has a 5 year warranty, they initial told her its was a problem with the left brake caliper, they replaced something and the problem still persisted. Took the car back they said its an issue with the shock, replaced something else but the problem is still there. Every time they return the car saying the issue has been resolved but there is no change what so ever. The dealership is about 250km from where she stays and its a mission to go back all the time.

The overall service from the dealership has been good but she is very frustrated and doesn't know what to do? Any ideas what to do? Complain to the head office?

Quote Originally Posted by ratty View Post
    Last year October, my mom bought a Hyundai i20 2010 model, she had been very happy with the car till the beginning of this year. Since then there has been quite a loud sound of something moving around/possibly rattling coming from the left back wheel side. The car has only done about 5000km.

She took the car back to the dealership, as it has a 5 year warranty, they initial told her its was a problem with the left brake caliper, they replaced something and the problem still persisted. Took the car back they said its an issue with the shock, replaced something else but the problem is still there. Every time they return the car saying the issue has been resolved but there is no change what so ever. The dealership is about 250km from where she stays and its a mission to go back all the time.

The overall service from the dealership has been good but she is very frustrated and doesn't know what to do? Any ideas what to do? Complain to the head office?
    Well if after so many visits its still not fixed demand a new car. I know my father did this with the VW dealership (after going back 5 times for the aircon being faulty) and after that visit they offered to swap out his car with another one. Unfortunately as soon as they said that the aircon has not given problems since .
    Will work for peanuts

Thst the prob with Hyundai, shady dealers out there.
    Is it not possible to take to another dealership.

The next dealership is about 1000km from where she stay haha. Think thats the next step. Never knew you could demand a new car lol.

The next dealership is about 1000km from where she stay haha. Think thats the next step. Never knew you could demand a new car lol.
    Neither did i lol. But clearly VW is willing to offer one since they were not able to figure out the problem.
    Will work for peanuts

that is why I waited for the new CPA to kick in before buying a new car, but yeh, demand a new car, petrol money for each visit, cause a stink and whatnot

Good grief where does she live?! Alexander Bay?
    I counted 78 service centers around the country on Hyundai's website.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The_Unnamed View Post
    Neither did i lol. But clearly VW is willing to offer one since they were not able to figure out the problem.
    Even before the CPA kicked in, you could ask for your deal to be reversed if you had carp with a car. I've done it twice, and both times I ended up with another car.
    ''Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives.... .'' ~ John Lennon

Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by lived666 View Post
    that is why I waited for the new CPA to kick in before buying a new car, but yeh, demand a new car, petrol money for each visit, cause a stink and whatnot
    Thats the only way to get anything in the real world. Good guys / girls finish last!
    Will work for peanuts