Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter



Page 116 of 376 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116 117118119120126166216 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 5637

Thread: HP ProLiant MicroServer

  1. #1726
    Super Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    8,377

    Default

    Looking for 2 x 2Tb Western Digital Caviar Green hard drives. None of the physical shops I went to have them. I was busy checking out on Prophecy (decent price), but then saw they don't take credit cards, so I cancelled. Not to clued up on other reputable online stores for components - any suggestions?

  2. #1727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SiriS View Post
    Looking for 2 x 2Tb Western Digital Caviar Green hard drives. None of the physical shops I went to have them. I was busy checking out on Prophecy (decent price), but then saw they don't take credit cards, so I cancelled. Not to clued up on other reputable online stores for components - any suggestions?
    Sybaritic R1296 in stock. I have used them a few times were a bit slow once but otherwise good
    PC Mall R1199 doesn't mention if they're in stock and I've never used them before.

    both accept cards

  3. #1728
    Super Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    8,377

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SomeoneEls View Post
    Sybaritic R1296 in stock. I have used them a few times were a bit slow once but otherwise good
    PC Mall R1199 doesn't mention if they're in stock and I've never used them before.

    both accept cards
    Thank you. I thought about Sybaritic, but have read a number of negative responses about them in the past. Oh well, maybe I should give them a go.

  4. #1729
    Super Grandmaster Madman88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    9,127
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SiriS View Post
    Thank you. I thought about Sybaritic, but have read a number of negative responses about them in the past. Oh well, maybe I should give them a go.
    I used them once or twice, and tbh it wasnt sterling, but not unbearable either.
    I am 13531

    "Balance is the key to everything, without it we would just keep falling over."

  5. #1730

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SiriS View Post
    Thank you. I thought about Sybaritic, but have read a number of negative responses about them in the past. Oh well, maybe I should give them a go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Madman88 View Post
    I used them once or twice, and tbh it wasnt sterling, but not unbearable either.
    If you're having second thoughts you could always get the 3TB's (which are better value at the moment for R1894 incl shipping from takealot.com (R631/TB including shipping) vs (R690/TB for the 2TB at sybaritic with shipping R1296 +R84)


    or the 3TB seagate for R1723 + R84 shipping from Sybaritic (R602/TB)

  6. #1731
    Super Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    7,181
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SiriS View Post
    Thank you. I thought about Sybaritic, but have read a number of negative responses about them in the past. Oh well, maybe I should give them a go.
    Hey Hey

    If you are unsure about them, you could give Zaps a try... they accept credit cards. I use and have used them and have had no trouble.

    http://www.zapsonline.com/more-than-...tb-35-hdd.html

    WD Caviar Green 5400rpm 2TB 3.5" HDD
    R1,391 tax incl.
    Reference :
    WD20EARX
    Availability: Available to Order
    Or rattle PostmanPot's cage here on the forum... I see you are in Cape Town... he could also help, not sure about credit cards tho', def. EFT. PM him.

    EDIT:

    Also Wootware are a safe bet too... also accept credit cards but add 3% for the use thereof...

    http://www.wootware.co.za/western-di...ard-drive.html


    R 1,286.00 Incl. VAT

    Door-to-Door Courier
    FastWay Main - Overnight (Insured) R 35.00
    FedEx Overnight (Insured) R 79.00
    Collect from Wootware
    R 0.0
    Last edited by kilobits; 21-02-2012 at 09:37 PM.

  7. #1732

    Default

    maybe go with Wootware, Takealot or LandmarkPC since they all in CPT and then you can do a collection even.

  8. #1733
    Super Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    8,377

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Madman88 View Post
    I used them once or twice, and tbh it wasnt sterling, but not unbearable either.
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeoneEls View Post
    If you're having second thoughts you could always get the 3TB's (which are better value at the moment for R1894 incl shipping from takealot.com (R631/TB including shipping) vs (R690/TB for the 2TB at sybaritic with shipping R1296 +R84)


    or the 3TB seagate for R1723 + R84 shipping from Sybaritic (R602/TB)
    Quote Originally Posted by kilobits View Post
    Hey Hey

    If you are unsure about them, you could give Zaps a try... they accept credit cards. I use and have used them and have had no trouble.

    http://www.zapsonline.com/more-than-...tb-35-hdd.html



    Or rattle PostmanPot's cage here on the forum... I see you are in Cape Town... he could also help, not sure about credit cards tho', def. EFT. PM him.

    EDIT:

    Also Wootware are a safe bet too... also accept credit cards but add 3% for the use thereof...

    http://www.wootware.co.za/western-di...ard-drive.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Off-The-Chart View Post
    maybe go with Wootware, Takealot or LandmarkPC since they all in CPT and then you can do a collection even.
    Thanks guys!

  9. #1734
    Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Johannesburg
    Posts
    2,462

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SiriS View Post
    HI guys, need some advice please. Looking for a backup system for my media files - and whilst I'm at it also a NAS solution for media streaming.

    My needs are fairly simple -

    1) Currently have about 1Tb of media on main PC (photos, music, videos)
    2) Streaming from PC to Apple TV (XBMC installed) (wired)
    3) Would like to have 2 x 2Tb HDD's (one as backup).
    4) Ability to add another two drives later on. Not crucial, but nice to have.

    I'd like a solution that doesn't require my PC to be on all the time for media streaming and that acts as a simple backup solution (multiple drives on NAS or between NAS and PC). After reading up on the gazillion different options, the HP Proliant Microserver seems like a good option for a decent price.

    Would it be a fairly easy solution without having to tinker too much?

    The one at Server Warehouse for instance, barring the HDD's and an OS, is it basically a ready to go option?

    PS I have an old PC (P4) lying around, but the HP seems a much more elegant solution.

    Thoughts?
    I'm also at this point. And from what I've read the HP is definitely an elegant solution.

    However due to budgetary constraints I dug out an old P4 and scavenged an ATI card from yet another old desktop. As a media player (XBMC) I've found that it plays 90% of all my content. Subs are a problem (xbmc problem) and HD and mkv rips are choppy (P4 plus old graphcis card).

    As a media server, not so good, only because I won't leave it on. When it is on, it works fine. The great thing is that if this is just for evening media consumption, then switching on your P4 running XBMC live is super fast (faster with openelec) and you can use WOL via the Android remote.

    Having said the above, I am going the route of a Microserver. My network card recently blew + I need hard drive space + It would be nice to have it always on + HD Content + I need a new toy.

  10. #1735
    Super Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    8,377

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nadimm View Post
    I'm also at this point. And from what I've read the HP is definitely an elegant solution.

    However due to budgetary constraints I dug out an old P4 and scavenged an ATI card from yet another old desktop. As a media player (XBMC) I've found that it plays 90% of all my content. Subs are a problem (xbmc problem) and HD and mkv rips are choppy (P4 plus old graphcis card).

    As a media server, not so good, only because I won't leave it on. When it is on, it works fine. The great thing is that if this is just for evening media consumption, then switching on your P4 running XBMC live is super fast (faster with openelec) and you can use WOL via the Android remote.

    Having said the above, I am going the route of a Microserver. My network card recently blew + I need hard drive space + It would be nice to have it always on + HD Content + I need a new toy.
    I'm really stoked with my coming setup - have the Microserver, Windows Home server 2011 and 2Tb HDD's on its way to me.

    I'm already running XBMC on my Apple TV 2 (XBMC is awesome), so mine will simply be an always on media server (including running iTunes) and backup device.

    Can't wait, love new toys.

  11. #1736

    Default

    Can't wait, love new toys
    and I hate people with them :evil:

    GRRRRRR!!!!



  12. #1737
    Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Johannesburg
    Posts
    2,462

    Default

    Nice. Still trying to motivate this expense since the p4 was working fine for most purposes.

    Lightning through a spanner in the works having lost my adsl router and network card and cordless phone. All money earmarked for proliant awesomeness.

    So in summary, i hate you too.
    I came. I saw. I concurred.

    https://twitter.com/bitsyzd

  13. #1738

  14. #1739
    Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Johannesburg
    Posts
    2,462

    Default

    Ok. I'm doing it.

    N40L for R1360 + R55 delivery here.
    Sapphire HD5450 for R375 from here

    This is the cheapest I've found it for including delivery. Unless anyone else has anything to say???

  15. #1740
    Super Grandmaster
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    missing the mountain in bull city
    Posts
    5,144

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nadimm View Post
    Ok. I'm doing it.


    Sapphire HD5450 for R375 from here
    will this be a better option than the gt520?

Page 116 of 376 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116 117118119120126166216 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •