Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 375 of 375 FirstFirst ... 275325365371372373374375
Results 5,611 to 5,625 of 5625

Thread: HP ProLiant MicroServer

Blog Entries

Sitting with a few N54L in the wild and they have mainly been trouble free from the get-go. The one Win7 machine presented with XBMC problems last week that turned out to be wacky permission settings that did not allow XBMC to update its own library from some random arbitrary date. Took ownership of the settings folder etc etc and everything was back on track.

Today I'm contacted because another Win7 machine is not picking up any USB flash drives all of a sudden (open to interpretation). Did the standard trouble shooting over the phone but had to remote into the machine in the end. Images edited as required.

First did a scan for new hardware:
    Name:  desktopusbnotification.jpg
Views: 154
Size:  14.1 KB

But that failed:
    Name:  failed.JPG
Views: 155
Size:  20.1 KB

Device manager does pick up the drives ("JumpDrive") but presents with a nice little yellow triangle. Tried to update the driver directly:
    Name:  UpdateDriver.JPG
Views: 152
Size:  7.0 KB

It searched for a driver online, found one, but got this error in the end:
    Name:  Access denied.JPG
Views: 153
Size:  14.5 KB

Access denied? A few hours of googling later points me to a ... permissions error. What is it with Win7 and permissions? I checked all the permissions mentioned, and then a few extra, but everything seemed 100% fine. What am I missing here? Anyone ever had a problem like this?
    ic's back, back again . . .

Picked up mine (n40l) today. So im sure its been asked many times what os is probably the best. Im connected to CTWUG and will be running a dc client and torrent program with rss feeds. Thinking of debian as Im used to it. Dobt need xbmc as I have two media players at the mo serving content.

PS. Heres the link
    http://www.gumtree.co.za/a-hp+-compa...50910022341909
    Last edited by MDE; 14-04-2014 at 08:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MDE View Post
    Picked up mine (n40l) today for a R1250. So im sure its been asked many times what os is probably the best. Im connected to CTWUG and will be running a dc client and torrent program with rss feeds. Thinking of debian as Im used to it. Dobt need xbmc as I have two media players at the mo serving content.
    Where did u get for that price?

Super Grandmaster

+1

Got the basic unit. 250g HDD and 4Gig Ram.

On a side note, what software do you have to run to participate on the wug?

Quote Originally Posted by Chingha View Post
    On a side note, what software do you have to run to participate on the wug?
    As long as you use the correct ports and dont bypass in game time. You can use whatever.

Super Grandmaster

Got the basic unit. 250g HDD and 4Gig Ram.
    but its R2000 in the add and not R1250?

Quote Originally Posted by rodga View Post
    but its R2000 in the add and not R1250?
    Its call negotiating

Super Grandmaster

Its call negotiating
    nice one

Probably been asked a number of times... but is anyone running a TV tuner card in the microserver? Pointers on what to look for/avoid? Moving to a new place now and going to be a drag laying coax to the bedroom. Thinking of getting TV signal to Microserver and then hooking up to that via IP from RasberryPi in the bedroom... Haven't looked too much into this so please don't flame too much if it's a crap idea - just a thought at this stage.

I don't see any decent usb3 cards in SA for the microserver. Would like to add it on later.

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Flidiot View Post
    Probably been asked a number of times... but is anyone running a TV tuner card in the microserver? Pointers on what to look for/avoid? Moving to a new place now and going to be a drag laying coax to the bedroom. Thinking of getting TV signal to Microserver and then hooking up to that via IP from RasberryPi in the bedroom... Haven't looked too much into this so please don't flame too much if it's a crap idea - just a thought at this stage.
    I've also thought of this and actually tried it, by adding the stream as a channel on plex. Using a USB TV tuner card. Got it semi working and then work got in the way again. Maybe I'll get more time to play this weekend.
    Silence is golden, unless you have a toddler, then it is very suspicious.

Where do I find the modded bios to enable full speed on the ODD sata? Something reliable with instructions.

Page 375 of 375 FirstFirst ... 275325365371372373374375