Page 431 of 431 FirstFirst ... 331381421427428429430431
Results 6,451 to 6,465 of 6465

Thread: HP ProLiant MicroServer



  1. #6451
    Super Grandmaster dualmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Grape Town
    Posts
    8,228

    Default

    So I picked up both the 2 x 2.5" to 3.5" adapter and 1 x 3.5" + 2 x 2.5" to 5.25" adapter as I was undecided.

    Name:  20150702_160859.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  45.8 KB

    Name:  20150702_161120.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  48.0 KB

  2. #6452

    Default

    Do you guys know whether I will be able to install Windows Home Server 2011 on the T20?
    I primarily use my N54L for streaming PLEX, but found that the processor is too slow sometimes.
    Would the T20 be better at streaming?

    Esquire have it know for R2099 excl vat

  3. #6453
    Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Johannesburg
    Posts
    2,838

    Default

    Apparently audio via the HD port is not possible.
    I came. I saw. I concurred.

  4. #6454

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orbiter View Post
    Do you guys know whether I will be able to install Windows Home Server 2011 on the T20?
    I primarily use my N54L for streaming PLEX, but found that the processor is too slow sometimes.
    Would the T20 be better at streaming?

    Esquire have it know for R2099 excl vat
    Never had any issue with mine running OpenElec - has handled everything I've thrown at it.

  5. #6455
    Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Johannesburg
    Posts
    2,838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Necropolis View Post
    Never had any issue with mine running OpenElec - has handled everything I've thrown at it.
    On board hd video and sound?
    I came. I saw. I concurred.

  6. #6456

    Default

    Nope - using some or other cheap low profile graphics card.

    Can't remember which one it is - bought it a while ago.

  7. #6457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Necropolis View Post
    Nope - using some or other cheap low profile graphics card.

    Can't remember which one it is - bought it a while ago.
    Probably something like this: http://www.esquire-shop.co.za/Produc...spx?id=1674041



    R399 excl. VAT

  8. #6458

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vinodh View Post
    Probably something like this: http://www.esquire-shop.co.za/Produc...spx?id=1674041



    R399 excl. VAT
    Probably...

    I remember I had to try 2 - because the first one's heatsink was a few mm to wide to fit into the case.

  9. #6459
    Super Grandmaster ld13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    iGatsby
    Posts
    9,799
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default

    Sorry for barging in, but I just want to find out what Windows OS you guys prefer to run on the N54L's these days?

    My friend is once again bringing in his one today with that popular nvidia 210 whatnot gfx card that still runs Win7. Having these major recurring permission problems with the machine from the get-go - so much so that USB devices fail to work etc. Looking at either XP/8/8.1 or Server 2003/08/12 ... each with their own set of problems.

    XP is essentially driver-less. Windows 7 on these babies keeps on giving me issues. Might need to get a new ISO? Windows 8/.1 ... Still need to try it. I have no idea what server version will be the least resource-intensive on the machine - had some stuttering with some of the 1080p videos when we tried 2012 few months ago from what I can remember.

    Any comments would be appreciated.

    Will also be running XBMC or whatever replacement I can find as XBMC fails to detect a chunk of the content on our drives it seems. Same thing with my boss' N54L. Every few weeks he adds files and some of the content just never shows up - and this is using the exact naming convention and everything.
    ic's back, back again . . .

  10. #6460

    Default

    Did you update the bios?
    Truth can be stated in a thousand different ways, yet each one can be true.
    Swami Vivekananda

  11. #6461
    Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Johannesburg
    Posts
    2,838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ld13 View Post
    Sorry for barging in, but I just want to find out what Windows OS you guys prefer to run on the N54L's these days?

    My friend is once again bringing in his one today with that popular nvidia 210 whatnot gfx card that still runs Win7. Having these major recurring permission problems with the machine from the get-go - so much so that USB devices fail to work etc. Looking at either XP/8/8.1 or Server 2003/08/12 ... each with their own set of problems.

    XP is essentially driver-less. Windows 7 on these babies keeps on giving me issues. Might need to get a new ISO? Windows 8/.1 ... Still need to try it. I have no idea what server version will be the least resource-intensive on the machine - had some stuttering with some of the 1080p videos when we tried 2012 few months ago from what I can remember.

    Any comments would be appreciated.

    Will also be running XBMC or whatever replacement I can find as XBMC fails to detect a chunk of the content on our drives it seems. Same thing with my boss' N54L. Every few weeks he adds files and some of the content just never shows up - and this is using the exact naming convention and everything.
    If you're just doing simple file share, download server, media server, and media centre front end then nothing beats openelec for ease of setup.
    I came. I saw. I concurred.

  12. #6462
    Super Grandmaster ld13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    iGatsby
    Posts
    9,799
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kooldude View Post
    Did you update the bios?
    Not afaik, will check. Thanks!
    ic's back, back again . . .

  13. #6463

    Default

    I think you need the bios update to install 8 or 8.1.
    Truth can be stated in a thousand different ways, yet each one can be true.
    Swami Vivekananda

  14. #6464

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kooldude View Post
    I think you need the bios update to install 8 or 8.1.
    Yes you do, learnt the hard way

    Have one for sale with updated BIOS Link
    Last edited by Nimz; 06-07-2015 at 12:03 PM. Reason: Link
    Selling this space

  15. #6465
    Super Grandmaster dualmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Grape Town
    Posts
    8,228

    Default

    Looking at add another 2 SATA ports to N40L.

    Since the closest option (including LP bracket) I could find locally is over R300 I've resorted to trusty old Ebay.

    PCI-E Express SATA3 SATA3.0 6Gb/s eSATA SATA III Card w/ Low Profile Bracket
    R135 incl shipping

Page 431 of 431 FirstFirst ... 331381421427428429430431

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •