Page 417 of 417 FirstFirst ... 317367407413414415416417
Results 6,241 to 6,252 of 6252

Thread: HP ProLiant MicroServer

Should be fine, but IIRC the recommendation was i386.
    State of the cancerous nation

I have the 64bit on my n40l and there is no issues

Grandmaster

Thanks. Had an issue on the previous version. Version 5 installed without any issues.
    I came. I saw. I concurred.

Is anyone here running Windows 8.1 on a N40L? If yes, did you do anything special?
    I had a hardrive failure on my boot drive, so need to re-install everything. I have tried numerous times to load Win 8.1 with no luck. I have tried from a DVD and also from a flash disk. I have also tried 2 different ISO sources. Installation goes fine, but on reboot it gets stock on the "setting up devices" screen.
    Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by CodeMaster View Post
    Is anyone here running Windows 8.1 on a N40L? If yes, did you do anything special?
    I had a hardrive failure on my boot drive, so need to re-install everything. I have tried numerous times to load Win 8.1 with no luck. I have tried from a DVD and also from a flash disk. I have also tried 2 different ISO sources. Installation goes fine, but on reboot it gets stock on the "setting up devices" screen.
    Any suggestions?
    On my N54L it had to do with the onboard NIC lan. Disabling it let my Win 8.1 complete the installation

I bought the following USB 3 card last week.

http://raru.co.za/electronics/119633...ost-controller

After a while of pausing video playing from the external usb 3 drive the video won't continue playing and the drive disconnects. I have disabled all USB and hard drive sleep modes in the power settings.

Any advise?

Quote Originally Posted by zorro5614 View Post
    On my N54L it had to do with the onboard NIC lan. Disabling it let my Win 8.1 complete the installation
    Thanks, might be worth a try, I thought it might be stuck with detecting hardware, and had already unplugged everything else.
    Does the N40L and N54L use the same NIC?

My 250Gb boot drive went belly-up  Completely destroyed, groves worn into the platter and metal fragments all over the inner casing.
    That's now days to get everything setup again... Windows, XBMC, SAB, sickbeard, CP...
    Can kick myself for not backing up onto data drive.
    I am also done with Seagate... every drive I've had fail had been a Seagate, not a single Western Digital drive yet.

Not sure, but with a Bios update was able to leave my NIC enabled

I'm still running n36 machines. I noticed the other day that there are 8 TB drives around. Any idea it they are just plug and play with the Microserver? Running OPENELEC if that makes s a difference

Not sure, but with a Bios update was able to leave my NIC enabled
    Thanks zorro, found the BIOS update for the N40L and it sorted it out!

After a while of pausing video playing from the external usb 3 drive the video won't continue playing and the drive disconnects. I have disabled all USB and hard drive sleep modes in the power settings.

Any advise?
    Anyone?

Any advise?
    Got the same card but on Linux Mint. I dont use it I to watch movies on the server. Haven't had any issues copying.

Page 417 of 417 FirstFirst ... 317367407413414415416417