Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 410 of 410 FirstFirst ... 310360400406407408409410
Results 6,136 to 6,150 of 6150

Thread: HP ProLiant MicroServer

Quote Originally Posted by ])ragon_\/oid View Post
    $69 usd. Wondering if this is worth it. I'm looking for another server, but not too sure if this will be worth while getting. Also not too sure if Mitabyte is reliable or not.
    From my experience Mitabyte are good. I ordered 28 Logitech Solar keyboards over 4 orders from them a while back when they had them on sale.

And all communicate was good and good delivery.

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    From my experience Mitabyte are good. I ordered 28 Logitech Solar keyboards over 4 orders from them a while back when they had them on sale.

And all communicate was good and good delivery.
    +1 ordered 4 of those kb as well
    Can really recommend them. Was delivered the next to centurion and the communication I received was excellent from the rep

Quote Originally Posted by ])ragon_\/oid View Post
    $69 usd. Wondering if this is worth it. I'm looking for another server, but not too sure if this will be worth while getting. Also not too sure if Mitabyte is reliable or not.
    Shopped at Mitabyte many times and never had a problem ,their prices are good and they have a wide range of products.
    If it walks like a duck and kwaks like a duck ..its a duck

I think it depends what you want to do with it, I run NL36s with openelec and they run fine.
    As for the price, don't know but they probably didn't pay that for it new, I think I paid R1500 so it is steep

Quote Originally Posted by mark.saved.duplessis View Post
    Too old, too slow and too expensive. New N54L's (from suppliers who still have stock as they are end of life now) sell for abour R2100 - R2200. The N36L is a 1.3 GHz CPU and is two models before an N54L. I've also been looking around for an N40L or N54L.
    Yeah I know, but N54L's are like gold, people don't want to sell their's!

Grandmaster
    South of the Jacarandas and north of the Jukskei

Not much difference between N36L and N40L, except for a bit faster CPU and a smaller powersupply. I have all 3 running Openelec without a problem.

So, depending on your need, the N36L might do the trick.

Quote Originally Posted by zamicro View Post
    Not much difference between N36L and N40L, except for a bit faster CPU and a smaller powersupply. I have all 3 running Openelec without a problem.

So, depending on your need, the N36L might do the trick.
    how much ram you running in yours?

It doesn't really matter with Openelec which only needs 512 Mb. I had 2 x1 Gb and took a stick out, made no difference.

Quote Originally Posted by razer1980 View Post
    I can get a N36L (1.3Ghz, 1Gb RAM, 160Gb HDD) secondhand for R1300. Is it a good buy? Not too slow? I would like a N54L but they are as scarce as hen's teeth!
    If all you want it for is XBMC then you'll get better value for money out of an android media player or the likes of.

HPMS spares are expensive. I'd be worried about age on a N36L.
    62.15% of South Africans voted in favour of the Nkandla compound and e-tolls.

We choose the thieves and the liars who will govern
    As they don their disguises and prey on the prizes we bought them
    And we'll say that we didn't know
    We'll be know as the wicked, the lazy, the crazy, the people that choose to be blind

Nothing wrong with the N36L running openelec, runs fine. I'd say R1300 is a tad steep, they used to sell for sub R1k back in the day. I have 2 still running perfectly.

I still haven't found a decent esata to sata cable. I have got spare drives which I want to put in the case. So therefore I need to route the esata into the case and connect the sata end to the hard drive. I am only coming across these Lian-li cables. Would it work and fit? Looks like powered esata to sata. I doubt the ports powered or are they?

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Moore View Post
    I still haven't found a decent esata to sata cable. I have got spare drives which I want to put in the case. So therefore I need to route the esata into the case and connect the sata end to the hard drive. I am only coming across these Lian-li cables. Would it work and fit? Looks like powered esata to sata. I doubt the ports powered or are they?

The esata port on the Microserver is not powered
    SANRAL can suck it!

Quote Originally Posted by D4N View Post
    The esata port on the Microserver is not powered
    I've got a molex to sata power cable so I just need the esata to sata cable.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Moore View Post
    I still haven't found a decent esata to sata cable.
    You can find one here.

Quote Originally Posted by kayvee View Post
    You can find one here.
    Thanks it's like finding hen's teeth.

Page 410 of 410 FirstFirst ... 310360400406407408409410