You should join our great online community now - you can win great prizes
Register now
You should subscribe to our free MyBroadband newsletter

Page 458 of 458 FirstFirst ... 358 408 448454455456457458
Results 6,856 to 6,863 of 6863

Thread: HP ProLiant MicroServer

Can i still get a gen 8 for a decent price?
    it use to be under R3k now the cheapest i can find is R4300

Quote Originally Posted by bar1 View Post
    Can i still get a gen 8 for a decent price?
    it use to be under R3k now the cheapest i can find is R4300
    I've got a brand new Gen8 still in the box and under warranty (bought a few, this is a spare).

PM me if you're interested, maybe we can work something out.
    All posts are my personal opinion and do not reflect the views of my employer, my profession or any related institutions.

#HalaMadrid

Will it be possible to fit a 5th hard drive (preferably a 3.5) in the odd bay?
    like i did with the previous model.

Are there any low profile graphic cards that would play HVEC/H265 content with HW decoding?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nod View Post
    Are there any low profile graphic cards that would play HVEC/H265 content with HW decoding?
    Not on a MicroServer. You are going to need a more powerful processor to handle that (besides the GPU).

Super Grandmaster DrJohnZoidberg's Avatar

The new Polaris and Pascal cards support hardware decoding but you'll have to find the software that uses it. The RX 460 is probably going to be the perfect little HTPC card (also supports HDR and HDMI 2.0b) - the card is only being announced within the next few days though so a little while still until you can actually get one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick_Hockstetter View Post
    I know science.

Quote Originally Posted by DrJohnZoidberg View Post
    The new Polaris and Pascal cards support hardware decoding but you'll have to find the software that uses it. The RX 460 is probably going to be the perfect little HTPC card (also supports HDR and HDMI 2.0b) - the card is only being announced within the next few days though so a little while still until you can actually get one.
    Yeah. Was hoping for one of the new generation releases from NVidia and AMD to be produced the in the low profile form factor.
    This will extend the live of my little workhorse for the next few years.
    I will have to replace the MB with something compatible otherwise, and that is going to be a pain.
    Even worse is the thought of rebuilding/replacing the server completely.

It's time to retire the MicroServer, maybe repurpose it as a dedicated NAS and get yourself a proper new front end PC. All the current GPU's that have hardware HEVC decoding require at least a 6 pin for power and besides that none of them are half height required by the HP.

I sold my MicroServer and built myself another "server" on a budget around a Intel G3258 and it works great with x265 files.

Page 458 of 458 FirstFirst ... 358 408 448454455456457458