Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: when does guild wars 2 release?

Quote Originally Posted by Devill View Post
    +100. Rather we wait an extra 6 months and have a better game to play for years
    I would rather take a buggy game now than wait 6 more months xD

Well, new speculation started yesterday, when Colin, one of the developers (can't remember his surname), made an apparent slip up when speaking to someone. He said in one interview they are in alpha stage, and in another that the beta is to be released in "the ne....". He stopped himself at that point. So people are saying he was going to say "new year" or "new future"... and so it goes on with the guessing

Vid of Colin mentioning the alpha stage this year: http://comic-con.gamespot.com/live-c...ive-cam-day-2/ (just after about 10 minutes)
    Vid of Colin demo'ing the engineer and his possible slip-up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKuGPQHIBaA (a few seconds after the 10 minute mark)
    If you want the speculation thread, which only starts to talk about the latest issue close to the 100 page mark... http://www.guildwars2guru.com/forum/...-5-t16885.html
    i7 980X 3.33GHz @ 4GHz, Rampage III Gene, Noctua NH-D14, Corsair 12GB DDR3-1600, Asus GTX670 4GB, Corsair 80GB & 240GB SSD, Dual 27" IPS7, W7 64bit.

17 August is becoming quite popular now as a date to watch for a possible big announcement. PvP has been mentioned in the past as one of the last reveals by Arena Net close to beta, and with PvP being showcased at the up and coming games conferences... we could just get a release or at least a beta date announcement.
    i7 980X 3.33GHz @ 4GHz, Rampage III Gene, Noctua NH-D14, Corsair 12GB DDR3-1600, Asus GTX670 4GB, Corsair 80GB & 240GB SSD, Dual 27" IPS7, W7 64bit.

Guild Wars 2 will have a Closed Beta at the end of this year, so most likely November / December 2011. Let's say the Closed Beta runs for 2 months.

They will then have an Open Beta after the Closed Beta. Let's say that lasts two months as well. This would put us at about March / April.

I would therefore say don't expect this game before the 8th Guild Wars birthday - 28 April 2012.

I have followed this game for 2 years now and it will be amazing. When it launches I will be taking off from work for a week or two. I can't wait!!!

Yes, that seems to be the calculated guess on its launch. Must admit, after all the hype of guessing release dates during the conventions over the past few months in Europe and the USA, I have lost my zeal for keeping track.

Anyway, welcome to the forum Sou1.

Hi everyone.

I used to play WoW like ages ago and got bored... I bought cata and renewed my sub like a month ago but I got bored so quickly.

I played Aion for like a week and OMG I found that game so terrible.

I really enoy the concept of a MMO and I also played the first Guild Wars which was pretty kuk IMO ... I hated the instanced world, it kinda defeated the object of a MMO IMO.

Anyway, I've been following the Guild Wars 2 developments from a distance and wanted to get your opinions on how good you think this game will be? Given my history with MMO's what do you think will make this game any more entertaining than other MMOs?

@Cloudster
    I LOVE these two vids below (#1 and #2), and even though they are old now, I think they still present a generally good idea of why Guild Wars 2 is going to be pretty unique. I use the word unique as I would love to say it is going to be the greatest game ever, but it just may not be your cup of tea. Especially seeing as you hated GW1, and I have played it for over 5 years. I agree with your opinion of it being crappy in some ways, though after playing it for 4 years, and then trying WoW, I thought WoW was very annoying and crap. So, i hope the uniqueness of GW2 will be up your alley, and you will enjoy it.
    Watch these vids in this order:

1. TOP 10 REASONS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBC_i...48CC4BF617BE57

2. TOP 10 LITTLE THINGS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3uMl..._order&list=UL

3. EPIC FAN TRAILER - set to music, always gives me goose bumps watching it :-) : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhFylw4LYjQ&hd=1

There are still a number of things not released yet, so it is still in Alpha stage, set to go to closed Beta end of this year according to the developers.

BTW, if you have more questions about the "holy trinity" that the first video mentions, then watch this to possibly help clear up the issue: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xGDL..._order&list=UL
    Last edited by snobee; 21-10-2011 at 03:42 PM.

I think its everyones guess... GW2 should have been out 2-3 years ago... Its a pity they missed that window of opportunity... and most of their die hards...
    I was addicted to it... don't think I'll play GW2 though... just not interested anymore

I tend to agree that they have missed out on releasing gw2 , when the hype would have carried it, now the opportunity is gone.

Grandmaster

While I do feel that they missed the boat to a certain extent, I don't feel like it is too late for them yet. If they get the game out in the first half of next year they will still do very well. In the present economic climate, people are looking to save where they can and even the MMO subs will be looked at.

From what I have seen of the game, it looks unbelievable.
    WaggleSoft - Quality Document Management and Imaging systems

Quote Originally Posted by MartieS View Post
    I think its everyones guess... GW2 should have been out 2-3 years ago... Its a pity they missed that window of opportunity... and most of their die hards...
    I was addicted to it... don't think I'll play GW2 though... just not interested anymore
    I have played GW for a couple of years on and off. I think i will play GW II the same way, and that is one of the things I LOVE about GW, you do not need to spend 100 hours a week playing to be a good player.
    [CENTER]Bebamos y divirtámonos que mañana moriremos.
    Melior morior bellator, quam ago profugus.
    Nemo saltat sobrius.

Quote Originally Posted by MartieS View Post
    Well GW2 is not the same old GW, and certainly not the same old MMO that is coming out all around us. So maybe if it was, then I would agree with your comment.

Quote Originally Posted by iDOL View Post
    I tend to agree that they have missed out on releasing gw2 , when the hype would have carried it, now the opportunity is gone.
    As much as my hype and that of many others has decreased quite a bit, you can't say they have missed the opportunity. If you have followed all the conventions, expo's and shows, and the "best of" shows they have won that they have been to the last two years, you will see hype is not going down but up. Hype can be destroyed if the game was noticeably bad and people don't go back if they disagree with something fundamental in the game. Hype that decreases due to waiting can easily be switched on again once the game is released or a release date is announced.
    Last edited by snobee; 26-10-2011 at 12:23 AM.

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Devill View Post
    I have played GW for a couple of years on and off. I think i will play GW II the same way, and that is one of the things I LOVE about GW, you do not need to spend 100 hours a week playing to be a good player.
    This is one of the things that drives me crazy with WOW. The more time you spend, the "better" you are. Some of us don't have the luxury of spending 20 hours a week playing.
    WaggleSoft - Quality Document Management and Imaging systems

I heard some where, and around september or so, that they still needed to have closed alpha(I believe that was starting real soon), then they need to have closed beta, then open beta before they will release ... and still no major announcements. Early this year I thought the game would launch by year end, now I am starting to hope it launches before third quarter next year, and I fear I may still be hugely dissapointed.

Although, with that said .... The game still looks absolutely amazing!! So many small touches, and awesome things have been included. I mean, how cool will it be, if you get your ever changing personality, to be intimidating, and then when you walk into a town, all the children run in terror from you :P

@Brado
    They have been in alpha most of this year. Anet have stated they will go into closed beta before the end of the year, most likely sometime after they release the last profession (which they have stated will occur before the end of 2011).

If you want some source info on this, then check out the GW2 Guru forum here: http://www.guildwars2guru.com/forum/...1.html?t=20711
    Last edited by snobee; 29-10-2011 at 11:06 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12