Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Trying to get my ADSL back up to 10Mbps

Default Trying to get my ADSL back up to 10Mbps

When Telkom upgraded my 4Mbps line to 10Mbps the connection became highly unstable.
    Turns out my SNR is horrible - even at 4Mbps it barely makes the minimum.
    I live in the Cape Town southern suburbs about 2-2.5km away from my exchange so the Attenuation is pretty accurate.
    Any suggestions as what I could do to improve the SNR and get a stable 10Mbps?
    Various calculators tell me that I could get a maximum of ~14MB with my current attenuation so that shouldn't be a problem.
    DSL Status: UP
    DSL Modulation Mode: Auto
    DSL Path Mode: FAST
    Downstream Rate: 4096 Kbps
    Upstream Rate: 512 Kbps
    Downstream Margin: 8 db
    Upstream Margin: 12 db
    Downstream Line Attenuation: 33
    Upstream Line Attenuation: 33
    Downstream Transmit Power: 15
    Upstream Transmit Power: 1
    LOS Errors: 0

I would also like to know. But I don't think that we can do anything. I think it's only when Telkom upgrade the line infrastructure. And maybe more fibre being placed.
    I'm getting 8Mb stable. 10Mb just doesnt sync at all.

ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
    Connection Speed 8028 kbps 640 kbps
    Line Attenuation 23 db 5.5 db
    Noise Margin 14 db 11 db
    AMD X6 1090T, 8GB DDR3 1666, 128GB SSD + 60GB SSD + 150GB Raptor + 1.5TB SATA, Radeon 6970 xFire, DVD-RW 12x, Zalman 1000W, DELL 2407WFP-HC + 2 x Samsung P2450H

what number did you call to upgrade it? On the Adsl checker it says i can get 10mb, so just want to know who i call to upgrade it.

AMD X6 1090T, 8GB DDR3 1666, 128GB SSD + 60GB SSD + 150GB Raptor + 1.5TB SATA, Radeon 6970 xFire, DVD-RW 12x, Zalman 1000W, DELL 2407WFP-HC + 2 x Samsung P2450H

Super Grandmaster
    Blog Entries

Lobesy:
    Unfortunately your current SNR margin is too low for a stable 5Mbps connection even.

You can try to switch between ADSL2+ and G.Dmt modulation modes on your ADSL modem.

If switching between those 2 doesn't improve your SNR margin significantly, then I'd suggest that you try to borrow a TP-Link or D-Link ADSL modem to see if that doesn't improve it.