Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Telkom Line Installation

Super Grandmaster

Default Telkom Line Installation

How long does Telkom generally take to install a phone line?

Ordered a new line a few weeks ago and they said they going to come on the 9th of June... seems a long wait, normal?

I'm in the CBD...

I applied to have my line moved to our new home last week Wednesday, and they will be doing it on Thursday, so about a week.
    As for a new installation with zero infrastructure, etc. that could probably take a bit longer...

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by srothman View Post
    I applied to have my line moved to our new home last week Wednesday, and they will be doing it on Thursday, so about a week.
    As for a new installation with zero infrastructure, etc. that could probably take a bit longer...
    Well I'm staying in a building that has businesses that all/most have land lines already so thought it would just be a matter of running a line from the buildings switchboard to my flat...

I ordered on the 18 February and only got installed on the 4 May. This was not even a new installation. The previous owner had a line there and on the 4 May, nobody came home, they just "released" the line and still charged me R470 for installation. I'm in Edenvale.

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Megalin View Post
    I ordered on the 18 February and only got installed on the 4 May. This was not even a new installation. The previous owner had a line there and on the 4 May, nobody came home, they just "released" the line and still charged me R470 for installation. I'm in Edenvale.
    Installation is free if you take out a contract isn't it...

I'm not sure if this is still the case but if you subscribed to one of the Closer packages for just one month then Telkom would waive the installation fee ...
    http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/archive/.../t-213596.html