Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 40 of 64 FirstFirst ... 303637383940 4142434450 ... LastLast

Thread: Motorola DEFY (MB525) - your experiences

Quote Originally Posted by ktmbikerman View Post
    You probably need to set the correct baseband to get calls working properly. The version you have is old... it does not have the most current baseband switcher, so, either install the latest build and set the SA baseband, or flash the baseband zip I made.

Here's a link to the baseband: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/23764022/SA%20Baseband.zip

Here's the link to the latest CM7: https://github.com/maniac103/android...rdan/downloads

As far as the apps FCing is concerned, you may have to delete the user data of those apps.
    Thanks for that. Installed. Reception seems better.

However, one thing that does bug me is when dialing a number the dialer screen disappears so only the phonebook is there. This is fine if the number connects and the call ends. But when its voice mail and i want to end the call I have to slide down the notification bar and select the call to be able to end the call. This is very annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Mekon View Post
    Thanks for that. Installed. Reception seems better.

However, one thing that does bug me is when dialing a number the dialer screen disappears so only the phonebook is there. This is fine if the number connects and the call ends. But when its voice mail and i want to end the call I have to slide down the notification bar and select the call to be able to end the call. This is very annoying.
    Can't say I've ever encountered this problem with CM7. I'm on CM9 now, so I can't really comment.

Quote Originally Posted by ktmbikerman View Post
    Can't say I've ever encountered this problem with CM7. I'm on CM9 now, so I can't really comment.
    Hmm, maybe it is a setting. What I have noticed about CM7 is there is settings for virtually everything.

Grandmaster

Hmm, maybe it is a setting. What I have noticed about CM7 is there is settings for virtually everything.
    Everything except build-in functionality to switch off the data connection at night! I now use an app called Power Schedule to do this, but I wish they included such an option.

[QUOTE=Mekon;8188177]Thanks for that. Installed. Reception seems better.

However, one thing that does bug me is when dialing a number the dialer screen disappears so only the phonebook is there. This is fine if the number connects and the call ends. But when its voice mail and i want to end the call I have to slide down the notification bar and select the call to be able to end the call. This is very annoying.[

I had a similar problem when running CM9 ,found out it was my proximity sensor,I had fitted a mirror effect screen guard which gave me all the grief.

Check this out aswell
    http://youtu.be/uMk1S90MjbY

Not that impressed with CM 7.2. Phone freezes randomly. I feel the need to go back to 2.2. Or is CM9 better.

Grandmaster
    Stellenbosch, Republic of the Western Cape

Not that impressed with CM 7.2. Phone freezes randomly. I feel the need to go back to 2.2. Or is CM9 better.
    Did you wipe cache & Dalvik cache?
    --
    ADSL Line: 10Mbps via Afrihost 100Mb Capped

Keep Calm And Engage Low Range

Grandmaster

Something must have gone wrong with you installation. Try reinstalling CM7.2 first before moving onto a different ROM.

Quote Originally Posted by Naks View Post
    Did you wipe cache & Dalvik cache?
    Yes. I followed all the steps and read many threads.

Yes. I followed all the steps and read many threads.
    I am still using 7.1, 9 is currently not what you want unless you feel the need to have the latest and greatest.

If you are having issues, rather try a different ROM. CM is way more stable and faster than the 2.2 that the Defy ships with. If you are using a nightly build there could be bugs, check what 7.2 version others are using

The latest annoyance I have discovered is this phone is now stuffing up my phonebook. Every contact I phone, after the phone call, the number has been removed from the contact list and is in call history just as a number.

Fed up with this phone now.

I installed WajkIUI 2.4.20 this morning and everything seems to be working great.

Unfortunately, will only be using it until I get my iPhone in July (that's a long story but not by choice).

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by The Thug View Post
    I installed WajkIUI 2.4.20 this morning and everything seems to be working great.

Unfortunately, will only be using it until I get my iPhone in July (that's a long story but not by choice).
    Reinstalling CM7.2RC1 probably would have fixed your issues too. I'm glad WajkIUI sorted your issues out though.

Quote Originally Posted by The Thug View Post

I installed this to see if its any better. Followed instructions. Phone was basically unusable after that because of continuous "Force Close " errors.

The FAQ's page for this rom has a trouble shoot for this. It says to do a Dalvik cache wipe to sort the problem out. Didnt work. So i'm back to CM 7.2

Only issue I've had with CM7.2 is sometimes not being able to download from the Play store. Also I was silly and didn't make a backup of the original Motorola 2.2 firmware, but I'm sure I can find it online if needed.
    Do you hear the voices, too?

Page 40 of 64 FirstFirst ... 303637383940 4142434450 ... LastLast