Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast

Thread: Tablet pricing in South Africa

Default Tablet pricing in South Africa

Tablets in SA: pricing comparison

Many tablets have been launched in South Africa, and we compare pricing on some of the most popular devices

No iPad wifi? Hum this article is like a short paragraph followed by a crummy little table. Jeez I could write better stuff than this. Same old news anyway!

Talking about tablets why not do something cool? Preview the HP touchpad!

Super Grandmaster

Well I guess it's only fair to report on things which are actually available locally
    Every time you make a typo, the errorists win

I think the point being, which I've thought as well, is that everyone is bringing out their 1st gen devices and coming in more expensive than a 2nd gen iPad? If they wanted to gain market share should they not come in at a better price point?

The iPad is 'arguably' the better device overall, I have an iPad so my viewpoint may be a bit skewed, and the ecosystem that supports the iPad is much more mature.

*edit*
    Jailbreak is a huge + for me too!
    Last edited by Protocol; 08-06-2011 at 07:02 AM.

Master

I want a tablet with video out so that I can connect it to an overhead projector

Quote Originally Posted by TimTDP View Post
    I want a tablet with video out so that I can connect it to an overhead projector
    The new tablets all have HDMI out - there is also an adapter for the I pad.

I don't believe that theiPad2 is the best tablet, iTunes is too much of a negative for that, but the Apple products certainly have a good support structure.

Also, I am in the US at the moment, and Apple gets 10x the shelf space as anything else, so they will sell more even with an inferior product.
    Last edited by Jola; 08-06-2011 at 06:58 AM.
    On the internet you can be anything you want.

It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Jola View Post
    The new tablets all have HDMI out - there is also an adapter for the I pad.

I don't believe that theiPad2 is the best tablet, iTunes is too much of a negative for that, but the Apple products certainly have a good support structure.

Also, I am in the US at the moment, and Apple gets 10xthe shelf space as anything else, so they will sell more even with an inferior product.
    True on the itunes part! I've had a couple of idevices and still can't figure it out completey, useless prog. I either manage to make a black hole for all my informAtion or alternatively I cross my fingers and hope it does something I generally want.

Grandmaster

Why pay more if you could have an Ipad 2 for cheaper money?

Quote Originally Posted by ThinkCentre View Post
    The other tablets cost the same as the iPad2, they don't cost more.

For examply, a 32GB wifi Xoom costs the same as the equivalent iPad2, and it is worth it because it is expandable to 64GB via SD card - and the fact that you don't require iTunes is worth about USD 1000 by itself.
    On the internet you can be anything you want.

It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThinkCentre View Post
    Not everyone wants an iPad. Can't wait for my Android and willing to pay more for something that offers so much more. USB + HDMI + SD card reader makes it worth it.
    .... and thanks for all the fish.

I just bought a generic Android Tablet running 2.2 with a 1Mhz ARM cpu, HDMI out and a few other features for R1200 in Thailand.

I can now see the appeal of a tablet and use mine daily at home.

Quote Originally Posted by bokka1 View Post
    I just bought a generic Android Tablet running 2.2 with a 1Mhz ARM cpu, HDMI out and a few other features for R1200 in Thailand.

I can now see the appeal of a tablet and use mine daily at home.
    AAggh I want one at that price
    I've got to stop saying "how stupid can you be?"...........Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

I was never an Apple fan, have a buddy of mine that only uses apple and played on his mac books, ran some tests and i am actually becoming a fan. Got an iphone 4 and totally love it, I will be getting a ipad 2 soon. Other tablets can be free, i will still go for the ipad. It is all about what you like i guess

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by ISP cash cow View Post
    AAggh I want one at that price
    comp shop at Montana fleamarket sells the 7" and 8.5" 'generic' Android tablets (R995 for 7" and R1185 for 8") but its only 256Mb RAM, 800x600 resolution, not same quality as new tablets

I have both Samsung (daughter) and iPad2 (wife), both nice.... also thought it strange that iPad cheaper than Samsung, HTC etc.... maybe iPad sells helluva lot more, so can offer lower price to gain market share... or the other guys making nasty profits... Android OS should be cheap(er) than iOS?
    Last edited by CeeBee; 08-06-2011 at 08:37 AM.
    At the end of the game, the King and the pawn go back into the same box

Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast