Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Auto-RICAd?

Default Auto-RICAd?

I got an SMS the other day, from Vodacom, saying that my sim card had been RICAd. The thing is, I didn't RICA it...

Are they automatically RICA-ing sims ahead of the deadline? (But how? I'm on prepaid, so they don't have any of my details).

Or did someone else RICA my number? (Again, how? Don't you need the physical sim tied to the number to RICA it?)

Seems a bit odd to me, but I'm not sure how much effort I should put into sorting it out.
    ~Knowledge is Power~

Someone said that certain shops are just doing it as they will lose out on revenue, so for example a shop like CNA will just Rica ll the numbers under one of the staff members names.
    Not sure how accurate this is though
    #FREEISRAEL

Quote Originally Posted by CathJ View Post
    I got an SMS the other day, from Vodacom, saying that my sim card had been RICAd. The thing is, I didn't RICA it...

Are they automatically RICA-ing sims ahead of the deadline? (But how? I'm on prepaid, so they don't have any of my details).

Or did someone else RICA my number? (Again, how? Don't you need the physical sim tied to the number to RICA it?)

Seems a bit odd to me, but I'm not sure how much effort I should put into sorting it out.
    Same thing happened to me. I've had my pre-paid sim card for about 3 years, got an sms from Vodacom the other day saying that it had been rica'd. They also don't have any of my details.

I also got the same message, I'm on MTN.

haha well that's awesome,no need to Rica now
    The True master,only engages the worthy opponent.

Blog Entries

Also got the SMS. Yay, saves me a trip to the nearest RICA spa.

Got an SMS from CellC and Vodacom on the same number...useless.