Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Vodacom 3G Vodafone K4605 Modem

Question Vodacom 3G Vodafone K4605 Modem

Does anyone know the cash price?

Thanks hey

Character is how you treat those that can do nothing for you.

Quote Originally Posted by sky101 View Post
    Does anyone know the cash price?

Thanks hey
    Do not buy until the shop can demonstrate it's compatible with the Mac. Do not sign anything that is applicable to cellphones. i have bought one at 3G in Sandton and it wouldn't work - software would not load. The shop refused to refund claiming I have chosen the product ( on the shop's incompetent staff advice) and there is upgrade on Internet. The shop also refused to provide the software. At repairs I was told that there is no replacement compatible with my Mac and the software cannot be loaded on the dongle. I am sitting with an obsolete modem and short of substantial amount of money.

Quote Originally Posted by cbrunsdonza View Post
    Holy crappers!! Never knew it's that expensive.

My brother gave me his one today (got it with the last Vodacom 2G promo), as a backup for my B683 router - and it's really nice. Even has place for a micro SD card and can do 21Mbps!

I owe my bro big time.

Quote Originally Posted by kingrob View Post
    Holy crappers!! Never knew it's that expensive.

My brother gave me his one today (got it with the last Vodacom 2G promo), as a backup for my B683 router - and it's really nice. Even has place for a micro SD card and can do 21Mbps!

I owe my bro big time.
    is actually 42Mbps capable once the networks allow it.

OP Vodashops also sell them - R1400
    "The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be certain they are real"-Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by tpa1 View Post
    Do not buy until the shop can demonstrate it's compatible with the Mac. Do not sign anything that is applicable to cellphones. i have bought one at 3G in Sandton and it wouldn't work - software would not load. The shop refused to refund claiming I have chosen the product ( on the shop's incompetent staff advice) and there is upgrade on Internet. The shop also refused to provide the software. At repairs I was told that there is no replacement compatible with my Mac and the software cannot be loaded on the dongle. I am sitting with an obsolete modem and short of substantial amount of money.
    If your stuck - Try the top download in the table - you might have to do it on a Windows PC
    http://www.mtn.co.za/Support/DeviceD...s/default.aspx
    "The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be certain they are real"-Abraham Lincoln

Great modem, I have two of them and they are excellent.
    On the internet you can be anything you want.

It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Tun@ View Post
    is actually 42Mbps capable once the networks allow it.
    Not following you on "once the networks allow it".

We've got more than 3000 42Mb/s-capable towers live already. And counting.

Hi Jannie,Ok maybe i haven't been near one - i think 12Mbps was the best D/L speed i saw when i was using the Voda 20GB special.
    On a 42Mbps capable tower are we going to see 20/30/40Mbps speeds in reality say 3am with no-one on it?
    QoS on MDMA i haven't seen above 21000,we should see 42000 if available yes?

The QoS values when connecting to my local Vodacom tower changed from 16000/8640 to 42000/5760 sometime in December:
    http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthre...89#post7600089

I haven't seen speeds above 20Mbps yet though.

Hi Jannie,Ok maybe i haven't been near one - i think 12Mbps was the best D/L speed i saw when i was using the Voda 20GB special.
    On a 42Mbps capable tower are we going to see 20/30/40Mbps speeds in reality say 3am with no-one on it?
    Best I've seen was just over 30Mb/s.

As I've posted before, as an individual user you'll practically see about 30% of the max speed of whatever the wireless technology is.

It means you are not covered. Even QoS shows 42K, it doesn't mean that your tower is capable. It only means that QoS max settings has been updated in RNC.

Just tested now and negotiated QoS on Huawei E1820 shows 21000/5760, on Vodafone K4605 shows 42000/5760.

So it seems for you to see 42000 on the downlink your tower needs to be upgraded and you need a capable modem.

I should be rocking!

It was the same on E367!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast