Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast

Thread: Clarity on 3GB bundle valid for 365 days

Update,

Sill have not got any confirmation for anything, looks like i will have to go to a store... So much for seamless and easy.
    =====
    If trees could scream would we be so cavalier about cutting them down. What if they screamed all the time for no reason?
    =====

Update,

So the CellC store tells me that I have to port my number first and then RICA my sim as RICA-ing my sim causes a number to be assigned to it... The CellC reps here are looking into it.

I'll let you know what happens.
    =====
    If trees could scream would we be so cavalier about cutting them down. What if they screamed all the time for no reason?
    =====

Well haven't heard from the cellc rep in a few days... So going to try another cellc shop, someone must know something.
    =====
    =====

Quote Originally Posted by Scooby_Doo View Post
    Well haven't heard from the cellc rep in a few days... So going to try another cellc shop, someone must know something.
    Good day Scooby_Doo

I have mail Porting.awaiting feedback.
    will email you later.

Regards
    ~AM~

Quote Originally Posted by Cell_C View Post
    Good day Scooby_Doo

I have mail Porting.awaiting feedback.
    will email you later.

Regards
    ~AM~
    Cool great finally got my sms saying they got my port request. So halfway there
    =====
    =====

Finally got ported, thanks cellc rep, now would I get the data bundle from? cellc store?
    =====
    =====

Update,

Got the bundle and as it says will expire next year so yay.
    =====
    =====

Update,

Good Day

Glade all is sorted.
    The Delay was due to back logs of Rica.
    Please PM me any time for assistance.

Let's not forget the Porting team, helping out here.

Regards
    Armando
    Last edited by Cell_C; 04-07-2011 at 03:16 PM.

Update,

yay! so let me get this straight:
    1. buy data sim but do not rica it.
    2. port/simswap current prepaid sim to data sim.
    3. profit?

now you will have ur usual number with 3gb bundle valid for the year?

cell c has great products, but it sucks that their people on the ground rarely know about them.

I was in the waterfront today, enquired about the 10mb for every R1 you recharge. the reps had no idea what I was talking about, or even about this simswapping to data sim business we're attempting here. cell c would do themselves a major service by sending out emails to their stores informing their employees of products, or even having a fortnightly workshop.

anycase, I did the recharge and it worked, informed the peeps at the store as to the conditions and what not.

now if only *101# worked properly now (message returns as "message was sent successfully" but no balances). thats what you get with cell c, 20steps forward but a quarter step back lmaout them.

I was in the waterfront today, enquired about the 10mb for every R1 you recharge. the reps had no idea what I was talking about, or even about this simswapping to data sim business we're attempting here. cell c would do themselves a major service by sending out emails to their stores informing their employees of products, or even having a fortnightly workshop.

anycase, I did the recharge and it worked, informed the peeps at the store as to the conditions and what not.

now if only *101# worked properly now (message returns as "message was sent successfully" but no balances). thats what you get with cell c, 20steps forward but a quarter step back lmao

Default T&C's for 3GB bundle

Thought I'd post the t&c's on this web site coz it helped me understand this bundle better:
    3GB Smartdata Vouchers terms and conditions:

The 3GB Smartdata Voucher ("voucher") is available from 1 June 2011.
    The 3GB data allocation on the voucher is valid for 365 days and is available for a once-off fee of R399.
    All prices shown include VAT, unless otherwise stated.
    All standard Terms and Conditions of Cell C (Pty) Ltd and Cell C Service Provider (Pty) Ltd apply.
    The voucher may be purchased/activated by all RICA compliant prepaid and controlchatcustomers.
    The voucher may be purchased / activated by new and existing prepaid and controlchat customers.
    The voucher can be activated by customers that are on any of the prepaid data promotions.
    The voucher may be purchased by customers of all service providers, including Cell C SP and XSP (Nashua Mobile and Altech Autopage).
    There shall be no rollover of unused data from one month to the following month.
    Data cannot be transferred from one customer to another.
    There shall be no transfer of megabytes/gigabytes to a Rand Value.

Purchase / Activation:

The voucher can be loaded by dialling *102* and following the prompts or by dialling 141
    You can purchase and load multiple vouchers on a single line.
    You must be provisioned to access the HSPA+ network.
    A voucher can be loaded/activated via a Cell C Speedstick or a WAP enabled handset.
    The purchase of a voucher will reflect on the Control Chat customer's bill.
    Upon successful recharge, a prepaid or controlchat customer will receive a confirmation sms.
    Upon successful recharge, a prepaid or controlchat customer will receive a confirmation sms.
    No WOZA minutes are earned when recharging a voucher.

Usage:

All data usage, from the time of purchase until expiry or depletion (whichever comes first) will be deducted from the balance of the voucher.
    Older vouchers are always depleted first.
    You can check your data balance by dialling *101# on your handset.
    You can use data via Cell C USB Speed Stick; a USB modem from Cell C's competitors; a WAP enabled handset; and a router.

Validity & expiry:

The 3GB data allocation on the voucher has a 365 day validity period from the date of activation, which is an average of 256MB per month.
    The data allocation will expire at 23h59:59 on the 365th day.
    The voucher does not automatically renew.
    Should you wish to receive the benefits of the voucher mentioned above, you will be required to purchase a new voucher on expiry or depletion.
    Purchased vouchers cannot be cancelled (i.e. customers cannot purchase or load vouchers and then call in to ask for a refund or cancellation.)
    Multiple vouchers are allowed: If you load another voucher whilst your current one is still valid, the new data voucher will have its own expiry date.

Rating and charging:

Charges shall be rounded up to the nearest cent per session.
    For any session, the first incremental minimal charge will be 2cents.
    If the bundle is depleted prior to the expiration date, ongoing data usage will be charged at the rate applicable to the tariff plan.

Migrations:

Existing migration rules for prepaid and control chat tariffs loaded with an "airtime voucher" will apply.

Tried to buy the 3GB virtual voucher yesterday, but the Cell C store in Greenstone and Eastgate Mall both were out of stock.

They have to wait over 24 hours to receive more stock on their system. The lady behind the counter said that this voucher sells very well.

It's a pity you can only buy it from a Cell C store. I would've like to buy this voucher over the internet or USSD like normal data bundles.

HI All

The Big issue is that it's a promo and not a standard product.
    So to re-write the USSD platform very time a new promo comes out,
    would not be viable. If we do decide to keep it. I,m sure will put option on USSD.
    I will take it up about the shortage of stock in the stores.

Regards
    ~AM~

Quote Originally Posted by Cell_C View Post
    The Big issue is that it's a promo and not a standard product.
    So to re-write the USSD platform very time a new promo comes out, would not be viable.
    It should just be a case of adding or removing an item, no need to rewrite the whole thing every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Madhawk View Post
    Tried to buy the 3GB virtual voucher yesterday, but the Cell C store in Greenstone and Eastgate Mall both were out of stock.
    This blows my mind. How can they be "out of stock" of a virtual voucher? Happens to me often with the All-In-One vouchers too.

Quote Originally Posted by ginggs View Post
    It should just be a case of adding or removing an item, no need to rewrite the whole thing every time.
    Hi ginggs

I wish that was the case, but there is more to it then just that.
    Its takes a bit longer with vendors.

Regards
    ~AM~

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast