Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any improvement with Virgin Mobile?

Bump

I am considering going on to Virgin, as they offer great deals. And I had heard that they have great customer care and support. But after reading this, I am worried. Is it still so bad?
    What other provider would be recommended? Want to leave Vodacom, they are way too expensive. Upgrade is here now for Vodacom, and the prices they expect you to pay for a decent phone are crazy stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Brado View Post
    Bump

I am considering going on to Virgin, as they offer great deals. And I had heard that they have great customer care and support. But after reading this, I am worried. Is it still so bad?
    What other provider would be recommended? Want to leave Vodacom, they are way too expensive. Upgrade is here now for Vodacom, and the prices they expect you to pay for a decent phone are crazy stupid.
    Its a bit better nowadays

I think Virgin Mobile are excellent these days, I have absolutely no problems whatsoever. Excellent 3G speeds and 1000 free sms on my contract, I highly recommend them.

No complaints here and I think the deals are awesome!!! Not sure about the 3G since I only have edge
    Quote Originally Posted by Ol' Mean Bastid View Post
    RPM posting in TK broke myBB
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ... View Post
    I just called Korny1 a bud.

thanks for the replies guys .. Any ideas on when the Samsung Galaxy S3 will arrive with Virgin?

I've been with them since they launched the Nexus and the service has been great.

By far the quickest call centre to get through to an operator (I've had MTN, Vodacom and Cell C in the last couple of years) and the packages are very good (R500 airtime, 500 smses and 250mb data for R500 for the Nexus).

Quote Originally Posted by Brado View Post
    thanks for the replies guys .. Any ideas on when the Samsung Galaxy S3 will arrive with Virgin?
    Good bloody question.

My partner has asked for an upgrade to the Nexus. It has taken over 2 weeks so far, and the only answer he's had is that they've apparently lost his details.

Not exactly encouraging.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquila ka Hecate View Post
    Good bloody question.

My partner has asked for an upgrade to the Nexus. It has taken over 2 weeks so far, and the only answer he's had is that they've apparently lost his details.

Not exactly encouraging.
    Further to the above - and noting that while I have not received exceptionally awesome service from Virgin myself, they have not done anything wrong, sofar - I have to report that Virgin have just delivered the most godsawful excuse for not procuring a phone I have yet to hear. To whit:

"You don't use your phone often enough to have a Nexus"

..and tried to coerce him into a Galaxy SII.

Virgin Mobile have not only lost my partner as a client, but myself as well, as I will certainly not be retaining them as my service providers when this contract is up.

At the end of last year when my contract expired I applied for an upgrade at cedar mall. Due to the fact that I was not happy with the way they handled my documents by leaving them on the front desk accessible to anyone entering the shop & the sales consultant thinking this is one big joke, I cancelled my upgrade & informed them that if any fraud is committed with my documents I will personally hold them accountable. A few days after the incident when I had cooled down I phoned their head office to cancel my contract. I spoke to an employee by the name of Chris who handled the matter very professionally & managed to convince me to keep my contact. My contract was converted to a VMSA Classic Flexi Phone Contract 200A which means I only pay for the airtime I use.
    Everything was running smooth until I saw a Samsung Galaxy Nexus on a FLEXI CLASSIC 100C contract.
    https://www.virginmobile.co.za/Store...hk=1&Itemid=21
    The contract includes R100 airtime p/m for calls or data & R22 Mandatory Itemised Billing. Total monthly fee is R332 p/m over 24 months.
    I went to the virgin shop at fourways mall who informed me that I qualified for the contract but they didnít have any in stock & would have to wait for their merchandise manager to return from leave which would be two weeks.
    When I returned to their store they still had hiccups & were told I would have to re order from their head office which I did.
    Today an employee from their head office phoned me ( I donít want to reveal her name as I am convinced that she is following instructions from her senior management) to inform me that I donít qualify for the phone because I donít use enough airtime. They will re evaluate me in two weeks time if I increase my airtime that I use the will reconsider my application.
    Attached is a copy of my total balance for the end of April
    90 days + 60 days 30 days Current
    R 0.00 R 0.00 R 0.00 R 300.00
    AMOUNT OUTSTANDING: R300.00
    Payment will be debited via
    Debit Order on 25-May-12
    To sum everything up if I donít make unnecessary phone calls I wonít qualify for an upgrade
    Well up until today if anyone had asked me about virgin I would have recommended them.
    Thank you for you excellent service virgin!!!

Near the mountain that is named after furniture

I have been on prepaid only with Virgin and since cell c has improved, it seems they have also improved in regards with data speed. I have always full signal and speed is average between 7mb/s - 9mb/s, and when its low its around 4mb/s. Everytime i load R50 airtime i get 25smses free. The only problem i have is i can't see how much smses i have left.
    Like the other guy says, every time i spend R30 i get R10 free.

So not bad for me.

I have been with all the networks. First Cell C, left them because of all the dropped calls, moved to Vodacom, they were charging me too much, And I currently have a AnyTime 200 contract with MTN and Prepaid Virgin Mobile, also have a 8ta "Speed Stick". Mtn is also really expensive, Since I am paying R420pm for a Blackberry 9900 with R200 airtime and BIS. I do not exceed this R200 a month because their call rates are ridiculous. Thats when I buy Airtime for my virgin mobile phone.

Advantages of Virgin Mobile: First recharge on a new starter pack gets doubled (example: Buy R500, get R1000 airtime). Virgin Mobile's call rates are cheap, I think it's 99c/min. Their Internet is fast, reliable (Unlike 8ta), and 60c/meg. I get faster 3G on virgin, than I do on MTN and 8ta. For every R30 airtime you use, you get R10 free! My monthly phone expenditure dropped from around R1500pm to about R800pm since I started using Virgin mobile. They have also up'd their game since becoming independant, cell c was keeping them from reaching their potential.

Disadvantages : When you have a problem, its hard to get through to them via email or call centre (I have not personally had any problems with them), but I suggest just complaining on hellopeter, It seems to be the most responsive medium, so why bother calling or emailing?

I personally recommend Virgin Mobile.

Quote Originally Posted by Elvinep View Post
    I have been with all the networks. First Cell C, left them because of all the dropped calls, moved to Vodacom, they were charging me too much, And I currently have a AnyTime 200 contract with MTN and Prepaid Virgin Mobile, also have a 8ta "Speed Stick". Mtn is also really expensive, Since I am paying R420pm for a Blackberry 9900 with R200 airtime and BIS. I do not exceed this R200 a month because their call rates are ridiculous. Thats when I buy Airtime for my virgin mobile phone.

Advantages of Virgin Mobile: First recharge on a new starter pack gets doubled (example: Buy R500, get R1000 airtime). Virgin Mobile's call rates are cheap, I think it's 99c/min. Their Internet is fast, reliable (Unlike 8ta), and 60c/meg. I get faster 3G on virgin, than I do on MTN and 8ta. For every R30 airtime you use, you get R10 free! My monthly phone expenditure dropped from around R1500pm to about R800pm since I started using Virgin mobile. They have also up'd their game since becoming independant, cell c was keeping them from reaching their potential.

Disadvantages : When you have a problem, its hard to get through to them via email or call centre (I have not personally had any problems with them), but I suggest just complaining on hellopeter, It seems to be the most responsive medium, so why bother calling or emailing?

I personally recommend Virgin Mobile.

Thanks for the info. I have 1 contract which I got from MTN and Guess what its the Blackberry 9900 Bold I pay R389 a month lucky on top up. You know that when you take a contract with MTN you can ask for the Top Up contract instead of the Anytime contract and the price stay exactly the same. That said I mainly only use prepaid now. Had 8ta. Very nice internet speed but that was about it not so much value for money until recently they launched 8ta more [too little too late cause I ported my number] to cellc and I'm enjoying the super woza promo but will change to 99c 4 real soon which means no supa woza. I also like their 15c out of bundle by cellc. cheap. BIS IS SO MUCH slower on cellc though.

Looks like my next prot will mostlikely be to virgin mobile prepaid or back to 8ta IF and only IF cellc doesn't deliver but so far they are doing great in my books. Just a little bit of a offset cause of the slowish bis but nothing I can do now.

BTW what is the bis speeds on virgin mobile like? Is it any good?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12