Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter



Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 67

Thread: In a state of [OOB shark] shock!!!

  1. #16
    Spam
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    ...here & now...
    Posts
    26,927
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Ouch!
    Hmmm...Going to install the app mentioned
    As for some reason I am using my 3.2gig nightowl by downloading 2gig words of data.
    Really?

  2. #17
    Super Grandmaster ginggs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Good-w00t! Cape Town
    Posts
    8,643

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by morkhans View Post
    You were warned about the OOB shark...



    Mod note: [Updated thread title]
    nom nom nom

  3. #18

    Default

    Update for everyone ... I have had no verbal feedback from Vodacom yet as to whether this is my error or their error, but I have just gone into my bank account and the orginal debit made by vodacom has been reversed to my credit! I cannot tell you how relieved I am at the moment ...

    In the interim though, there is already one bank charge debited to my account because a debit order bounced and of course I am now going to have to contact this probvider to explain to them what happened.

    Hopefully this is sorted and there will be no ping ponging of money in and out of my account by vodacom, as ultimately it is all to my cost where bank charges are concerned.

    It would still be nice for them to contact me to let me know what the problem was, and hopefully that may still happen but hey, thank goodnes for small mercies!

    I will still take measures to protect myself by using one of the monitoring programmes suggested by you on this thread. Thanks everyone for your advice and assistance!
    Forget Health Food .... I'm at the age when I need all the preservatives I can get!

  4. #19

    Default

    Update, and yes in a new more angry state of shock....

    I have just checked my bank balance now and Vodacom have just taken R1701.08 off my bank account. This after an morning yesterday with emails, online queries and telephone discussion best described in the words I used yesterday:...

    >>> Please could you assist me? XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX At the end of June you took R1388.35 off my account which was supposedly for over usage in May. I only opened my account on 24th may 2011.

    I declared a dispute, and have yet to have anyone phone me or email me about this dispute I declared. However, I noticed 2 days later, that the amount of R 1388.35 had been credited back to my account, but no other amount was taken off for the actual amount owing.

    The above action on the part of Vodacom resulted in two of my debit order bouncing which resulted in two amounts of R85.00 (R170.00 in total) being debited to me.

    Now in logging in to the site, I am told that my account is in arrears.

    Please what is happening with this account? If you put through another amount over and above my monthly subscription rate for which I have catered. I will have the same problem in other debit orders being reversed and me being chareged unpaid item fees.

    I realy wish to have this sorted out and for vodacom to pay me my bank charges for what was not my error in the frist place. I am very careful to watch my account. I have two bandwidth monitoring systems on my computer.

    How can I be sure that I won't have a double bill or more at the end of each month? Do I have to take this to an ombuds person and have my account cancelled?

    Over and above this, one cannot even rely on your online usage system. Last week I logged on to check my usage and was told I had used 2 gigs of 6 gigs???? I should have taken a screen shot to email through to you, but please help me out here, what is going on.

    I am really beginning to feel as if I have made a huge mistake taking out this contract Can someone please sort this out for me ASAP ??? <<<

    As said that was yesterday and was promised telephonically by a chap called Faiek ( email is dataportal xxx) that this would be prioritized and I would have my issues sorted ASAP! Then the shock today of this new amount being taken off whilst still waiting for them to get back to me.

    It is so frustrating and as said I am still waiting for them to get back to me about the dispute decalred a month ago.

    I don't want them to just be taking money out of my account and putting it back, I want answers as to what the original problem was and whose fault it is.

    I also do not want to be living in fear each month wondering what is going to happen with my vodacom account.

    I want someomne to give me a log of my data usage from the day I opened the account and to explain everything to me. is that too much to ask??

    I am seriously trying not to get hysterical here, but have an instant headache and feel sick. and I just do not know what to do anymore.

    Perhaps I really do need to go to the ombudsman and the media at large over this one!
    Forget Health Food .... I'm at the age when I need all the preservatives I can get!

  5. #20

    Default

    Sorry bud but I can only laugh at you. You act surprised when there's how many hundreds of stories like this, both in the mainstream media and on here? You see a hundred other people get burned and then you go take out a contract? Reminds me of the proverb, a fool and his money are soon parted. Also, fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

  6. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rorz0r View Post
    Sorry bud but I can only laugh at you. You act surprised when there's how many hundreds of stories like this, both in the mainstream media and on here? You see a hundred other people get burned and then you go take out a contract? Reminds me of the proverb, a fool and his money are soon parted. Also, fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.
    I actually had not been on this site in quite a while before I opened the contract so had not read any bad reviews here or in the publilc media. And yes maybe I should have researched a bit better because I was taken in by all the advertising they have splashed out on this night owl package . But if other people's dilemmas are what make your day, in the interest of you feeling good go ahead and laugh at me
    Forget Health Food .... I'm at the age when I need all the preservatives I can get!

  7. #22

    Default

    If you signed up on 24th May, you only get 7 days worth of data which would be around 477 Meg. So if you used 2 Gig, you would get approximately the bill you've gotten.

    You can also check your balance via the Vodacom Lite by clicking on "check balance" or by using the SMS app.

    You send the words "MM" to 31050 to get the balance.

    They both display it differently so you can't go wrong if you use both.

  8. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HideInLight View Post
    If you signed up on 24th May, you only get 7 days worth of data which would be around 477 Meg. So if you used 2 Gig, you would get approximately the bill you've gotten.

    You can also check your balance via the Vodacom Lite by clicking on "check balance" or by using the SMS app.

    You send the words "MM" to 31050 to get the balance.

    They both display it differently so you can't go wrong if you use both.

    I checked on the site and it only shows the prescribed allocation for May of 528 gigs used, not over, and I know I was very careful because I was aware that I only had a prorata amount. I definitely did not use 2 gigs in May.

    In fact when I checeked online yesterday, they show 528 gigs for May, 2 gigs for June and the current balance for this month which is I think just over 1 gig used, so nowhere in any usage stats that I can see does it show that I have gone over any allotment in any month.
    Forget Health Food .... I'm at the age when I need all the preservatives I can get!

  9. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HideInLight View Post
    If you signed up on 24th May, you only get 7 days worth of data which would be around 477 Meg. So if you used 2 Gig, you would get approximately the bill you've gotten.

    You can also check your balance via the Vodacom Lite by clicking on "check balance" or by using the SMS app.

    You send the words "MM" to 31050 to get the balance.

    They both display it differently so you can't go wrong if you use both.
    thank you though for your suggestion re the sms on vodacom lite etc. i will keep that in mind. I also installed bandwidth monitoring software at the end of June, and I check those stats daily!
    Forget Health Food .... I'm at the age when I need all the preservatives I can get!

  10. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Padded Mouse View Post
    thank you though for your suggestion re the sms on vodacom lite etc. i will keep that in mind. I also installed bandwidth monitoring software at the end of June, and I check those stats daily!
    Hi , i responded to your pm's.

    The reason for your exceeded usage from what i can see is due to the fact that you received a prorata amount of data and not the full 2 gig allocation.

    Regards

    VD

  11. #26

    Default

    I am feeling your frustrations esp that your Bank Account is now messed up with these crazy bounched debit order fees. Banks and Cellphone Operators are the same they will strip your down naked and still want your skin too.

  12. #27

    Default

    This is the reason I will destroy 7 sims on Monday and 2 more at the end of August. I am everything but a control freak, but when it comes to data contracts the line has been drawn, forever. It seems 8ta has got it sorted - really shocking that Telkom's systems are better than VC's.

  13. #28

    Default Sticky Vodacom 3G Situation

    Sup guys,

    Well here's the problem and how it all went down:

    My step-sister, the noob, started downloading something quite large via a torrent on her uncapped Mweb 384 connection off her laptop.

    She went to sleep a little later and the next day went to work, plugged in her Vodcaom 3G and (since she has a, shall we say, very limited knowledge of torrents and of her connection) continued the download. She didnt realise it would continue downloading.

    But the problem comes in here. After all of her monthly 3G cap was used up, the download continued further and extra costs were incurred. Lots of them. My dad now has to pay a bill in excess of R10 000.

    The Vodacom software never stopped her, she was never informed extra costs were going to be incurred, and, as she says, she didnt realise the download would continue anyway.

    Now what? My dad has tried emailing Vodacom and explaining what happened and that it was all a complete misunderstanding, and a miscommunication on their part, asking for maybe a reduction of the payment given the circumstances. Vodacom were having none of that and just replied "pay the bill or we will hand you over to the ITC".

    Since the 3G is in the name of my dad and my dad owns his business, he cannot afford to be listed on the ITC, and has now gotten to the stage where he is prepared to pay, even though he is extremely unhappy. He doesnt want to pursue it in court or anything as he thinks he doesnt have a shot.

    I told him to wait, however, as I would first see with you knowledgeable people whether Vodacom has a case and whether there is a way out of this situation.

    Help, please! My dad can afford to pay, but only just, and it would really help him out if we could make this go away somehow.

  14. #29
    SmoothOokerMaximus The_Librarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Looking for lost treasures in Barad-Dr
    Posts
    81,600
    Blog Entries
    19

    Default

    There is no way out of this, unfortunately.
    Christ-mass is NOT for Christians. Jeremiah 10.
    Is the 10 Commandments for Christians?

    Saturday is the Seventh day, Sunday is the first day.

  15. #30

    Default

    Thanks Librarian but what makes you say that?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •