Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 1213 LastLast

Thread: HOW TO MAKE YOUR 8TA PREPAID SIM NON-ROAMING (No Longer Required)

Lol, been waiting since sometime mid-december. Lost interest since then

Still waiting

8.ta Rep where are you....

Quote Originally Posted by ahf View Post
    Still waiting

8.ta Rep where are you....
    Let me know if / how you get it done, perhaps I can try that method?

@Aharon....I think at this point I must just use the 100mb data and dump this stupid sim card, total waste of time and it would appears that the 8.ta Rep is no longer here.

Super Grandmaster

if you guys can go to the shop in the mall i recommend you do that. the reps are really helpfull. wanted to purchase the 2+1 but didnt know my number. rep looked me up and made the switch while i was there and printed out the instructions for me as well. i reckon thats the way to go with this. although i made the non roaming switch using that email...

@akescpt....thanks will do that.

OK so I went to the Telkom shop in Zevenwaght today and guess what.... I need to Rica this flippen sim card again
    Have to go back tomorrow with ID and Proof Of Residence.

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by ahf View Post
    OK so I went to the Telkom shop in Zevenwaght today and guess what.... I need to Rica this flippen sim card again
    Have to go back tomorrow with ID and Proof Of Residence.
    They ohk there. Bought and did rica there also..

OK first I went to Bellville Telkom shop Lady there told me "sorry can't you have to take the R149 promo".....called 180 and once again was told not possible and the Lady offered me the R149 promo only got to the Zevenwaght Telkom Shop in the afternoon had a battle to explain the Lady on duty however got hold of the Guy that assisted yesterday and I was sorted out.
    Speed tests below (international not so good)

Speed Test South African:
    Test conducted on 27 January 2012 19:31:42

Download Speed: 2663 kbps (332.9 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 1537 kbps (192.1 KB/sec transfer rate)

Latency: 67 ms

INTERNATIONAL:

Test conducted on 27 January 2012 19:33:02

Download Speed: 656 kbps (82 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 972 kbps (121.5 KB/sec transfer rate)

Latency: 345 ms

if I take my simcard to the 8ta store, will they be able to make it non roaming?

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleb View Post
    if I take my simcard to the 8ta store, will they be able to make it non roaming?
    not sure, i just rica'd there. emailed. although if u gonna do that 2+1 then they can do that change there. had a good experience at somerset mall as well. guy knows his stuff. guy at canal walk also good. telkom direct store with 8ta reps.

@Kaleb....yes they can. Not sure where you are but the guy at Zevenwaght Mall sorted me out.

I spoke to a guy in Canal Walk @ the 8ta store and he said it can't be done.

My girlfriends sim started using the 8ta network randomly about 3 weeks ago, and on Saturday mine suddenly started using the 8ta network as well (full signal, no "SOS"), went to gym this morning and it lost signal so it popped over to MTN roaming, then when I got home it went back to 8ta.

I emailed social@8ta.com a few times about swapping me over but nothing came back.. I would say perhaps they listened but I didn't ask for my girlfriends number to be swapped over.. just the luck of the draw i guess?

Anyone else's sim start using the 8ta network recently?

Quote Originally Posted by blunt View Post
    My girlfriends sim started using the 8ta network randomly about 3 weeks ago, and on Saturday mine suddenly started using the 8ta network as well (full signal, no "SOS"), went to gym this morning and it lost signal so it popped over to MTN roaming, then when I got home it went back to 8ta.
    Your gfr must be on the contract. Only contract SIM can roam to MTN and use 8ta network simultaneously.
    This thread is about making prepaid SIM non-roaming, as by default it roams to MTN and also is excluded from accessing 8ta network. It needs to be made to be able to purchase GoBig promo.

Nope, both my SIM and my gf's sim are prepaid 99c sims from checkers.. and both are now able to go from 8ta to MTN roaming without a problem.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 1213 LastLast