Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: HOW TO MAKE YOUR 8TA PREPAID SIM NON-ROAMING (No Longer Required)

Quote Originally Posted by yashveer69 View Post
    i phoned 8ta today and got my prepaid sim converted 2 a data sim! loaded r10 airtime and did a speed test,i got 4mbps dwnload and 1mb upload speeds,best part is that i am not even covered on the coverage map
    that's awesome, yeah they don't always update the coverage maps.

Exclamation Making your SIM "Non-Roaming" - no longer required

Hi all!

8ta will be enabling all SIMs to enable use of either network being 8ta only, MTN only or automatic switching.

This has to be set manually by the user on his/her device.

In other words:
    • When the device is forced to use the 8ta network only - you will be using data and voice traffic only on the 8ta network (the same as making the SIM "non-roaming").
    • When the device is forced to use the MTN network only - you will be using data and voice traffic only on the MTN network.
    • When the device is set on Automatic - you will be switching between the 2 networks for data and voice traffic (btw - promo packages will still only use the 8ta network even if the device is set to automatic).

Please also note that even if customers force their network selection to 8ta only, they will not be able to have the option of using the promotional data plans until the SIM is enabled for this. Customers need to call 081 183 in order for this to happen or request it from their closest Telkom/8ta store.

Regards,
    Social Media Team

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213