Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast

Thread: DSTV - low signal quality plz help

I do have picture break-up but just on the one polarity, SSHD2 being one. Some channels have 20% and some have 80%+, so i imagine its a set of channels on the same polarity which have poor quality

SSHD2 is currently still on the same polarity (vertical) as most of the other channels... How is your MNet?

They are in the process of doing the switchover to DVB-S2 for the HD channels, but I do not know exactly when this will be finalised. A lot of people running HD decoders of 60cm dishes, will have issues with their HD channels when this happens. They will have to upgrade to bigger dishes.

MNET and MNETHD is fine along with most others. Two channels i have low signal quality that ive seen is SSHD2 and E entertainment. SSHD2 is almost never watchable but the other HD's are just fine

Okay. SSHD2 is not on the frequency it used to be. Will get back to you...

It is now carried on 11170 H with E!, Style and Crime. So you should have issues on all of those. What about the other horizontals like Animal Planet, FTV, BBC's etc?

I dont recall any issues on Animal Planet or BBC's, so what would your advice be?

Quote Originally Posted by Quantum Theory View Post
    They are in the process of doing the switchover to DVB-S2 for the HD channels
    Interesting, thought the HD channels were DVB-S2 (MPEG4) from the start?
    Still here ... FTL drives offline

Quote Originally Posted by Roman4604 View Post
    It was MPEG4, but not DVB-S2... DVB-S2 is MPEG4 compression with 8PSK modulation. They are still running QPSK modulation, but are switching to 8PSK.

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Roman4604 View Post
    Yep, me too?

As I understand it, DVB-S is normally QPSK with MPEG2 stream, and DVB-S2 is normally 8PSK with MPEG4 stream? I know its not that simple, but I thought that was the general usage.

Edit: Ahh, okay Thanks Quantum Theory.

Quote Originally Posted by rakabos3 View Post
    I dont recall any issues on Animal Planet or BBC's, so what would your advice be?
    Because it sounds like it is affecting only one frequency... Dodgy LNB or dodgy multiswitch would be my guesses, but I might be wrong.

Maybe a satcr is the answer then

Maybe a satcr is the answer then
    Why?

It will be a lot cheaper getting a good quality switch or LNB (depending which is at fault)... even cheaper to replace both, than getting a SatCR.

Yeah but i dont know which is faulty if any.

Yeah but i dont know which is faulty if any.
    SatCR is not the best way to do a HD/XtraView installation. It is a solution for guys who can't get 2 cables to a decoder etc... I work for Space TV, so I would be happy to sell you one, but I'm telling you to rather stick with the twin + switch.

Ok, so my options would be to get an installer to check the alignments or get the new LNB and multiswitch to see if that works first ?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast