Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Vodafone K3770 (Huawei) Windows Installation

Default Vodafone K3770 (Huawei) Windows Installation

I got a new PC with windows 7 64bit, my old E220 modem did not work (which I understand), so I got a new K3770 modem.

With the new modem, it connects, but it works for 2 secs and then there is no data being downloaded. I've tried a different modem and sim but get the same problem.

The old E220 on xp works fine, so it's not the network.

After a long search I got the E220 to work on Windows 7.

So why does the new modem (K3770) not work but the old one does?

I can't comment for 64 bit Windows 7 but I've used Huawei modems from the E220 upwards without a glitch under Windows 7 32 bit.

My first guess is drivers! You should be able to test this by loading the PC installed version of Mobile Partner, V16 has 64 bit drivers...

You can download drivers on their own or Mobile Partner here: http://www.dc-files.com/files/huawei/modems/Varies/
    Last edited by JimM; 05-07-2011 at 02:23 PM.
    I spent most of my money on fast cars, fast women and booze. The rest I just squandered...

Thanks JimM, installed drivers, everything is working fine now

Default K3770 Vodafone USB Stick modem (huawei) will not enable

Good day, I have a customer with a Toshiba Satellite L300-14X Notebook. Using windows VISTA Home Premuim. SP3. and Bitdefender 2010 TS.

I can install the K3770 usb modem stick with success and the software, But in the software it will not enable the device (tick box). In the device manager all drivers seems to be ok. I have deleted the drivers, and reinstalled it manually, and get the same problem. I have tried newer software with same problem. The software on the modem shows 10.2. (I Guess its the version)

I have searched this forum, and googled for the problem, but with no joy. Apparently vodacom told the customer the device is not compatible with VISTA, is that true? I can not find anywhere that suggest it is so.

Please any help will be appreciated

PS: The modem work on another pc using XP, and a E220 works on this notebook with the same sim card

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by click2shop View Post
    Good day, I have a customer with a Toshiba Satellite L300-14X Notebook. Using windows VISTA Home Premuim. SP3. and Bitdefender 2010 TS.

I can install the K3770 usb modem stick with success and the software, But in the software it will not enable the device (tick box). In the device manager all drivers seems to be ok. I have deleted the drivers, and reinstalled it manually, and get the same problem. I have tried newer software with same problem. The software on the modem shows 10.2. (I Guess its the version)

I have searched this forum, and googled for the problem, but with no joy. Apparently vodacom told the customer the device is not compatible with VISTA, is that true? I can not find anywhere that suggest it is so.

Please any help will be appreciated

PS: The modem work on another pc using XP, and a E220 works on this notebook with the same sim card
    completely unistall the drivers and software. uninstall the drivers via device manager. use revo unistaller to uninstall the vodafone software

Uninstall the vodafone connect software, and set up a normal dial-up connection with the modem.
    Filesharing isn't criminal (yet).
    Preserve Freedom. Save the world. Be a Pirate!

Default Huawei K3770 Software Installation

Hi All

I hope someone can assist me please.

I purchased a k3770 dongle on contract yesterday and tried to install the plug and play software and to no avail cannot get it right.

It installs to a point and then a box pops up saying: "If you were busy with something the information might be lost"

I tried removing and re-installing a few times and no luck.

I am running XP sp3 as per minimum requirement.
    I had a telkom router set up before and I also disconnected that incase there is an issue for some reason.
    I even tried installing with my firewall turned off.
    I also look under the registry and there was no "old" router showing.

I tried the install on my work pc also running XP sp3 and it installed.

The only other thing I though of now is whether my MTN sync software might cause the problem?

Could someone please help me? I tried vodacom tech but they also have no idea.

Much obliged,
    Werner

You could try the PC installed version of VMC or I'd suggest a PC installed copy of Huawei Mobile Partner:

http://www.dc-files.com/files/huawei/modems/Varies/

Select Dashboard Win.
    I spent most of my money on fast cars, fast women and booze. The rest I just squandered...

Hi Guys

I have the same problem above were i have installed the software from the K3770 usb stick, and i cant select the "ENABLE" option.This is on Win XP.
    Re-installed windows thinking that it was corrupt...still cant get it to connect.
    I have tested the this on my WIN 7 and it works perfectly.
    I then used another USB dongle the K3715, and it works perfectly fine on the XP machine, on the same VODAFONE software. And the ENABLE is ticked....Tried again with the new K3770 and still cannot ENABLE the stick to use it.

PLEASE help.
    I have used the HUAWEI drivers as mentioned above...but not sucessful.

Please provide any assistance if possible.

thanks

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by kensleyk View Post
    Hi Guys

I have the same problem above were i have installed the software from the K3770 usb stick, and i cant select the "ENABLE" option.This is on Win XP.
    Re-installed windows thinking that it was corrupt...still cant get it to connect.
    I have tested the this on my WIN 7 and it works perfectly.
    I then used another USB dongle the K3715, and it works perfectly fine on the XP machine, on the same VODAFONE software. And the ENABLE is ticked....Tried again with the new K3770 and still cannot ENABLE the stick to use it.

PLEASE help.
    I have used the HUAWEI drivers as mentioned above...but not sucessful.

Please provide any assistance if possible.

thanks
    I'm still trying to figure out why this happens. In the meantime I use a workaround of creating a Windows Dial-Up connection with the installed modem bypassing the Software.
    Has joined the Cell C Revolution... Whoosh!!

How do you create a dial-up connection in Windows 7?

Blog Entries

Default 64-bit acer with usb modem k3370

did anyone have a solution for installing k3770 on a 64-bit machine, not installing modem drivers, the is software 10.2.

SmoothOokerMaximus The_Librarian's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Huawei K3770 connectivity issues

Hi

I have downloaded and installed the latest version of Vodafone Mobile Broadband :

Release 10.2.302.33178

After installation I rebooted the PC.

When I plug in the Huawei K3770 stick, Windows 7 do install the drivers successfully and all that.

But, when I try to connect, I get the following error :

Code:
    Mobile connection not possible. 

- Set your current mobile device as the default
      device under the 'Devices' tab in the Advanced window
    - Ensure that no other applications are using your 
      mobile device and try again in a short while
    - Delete the device under the 'Devices' tab in the Advanced 
      window, add it back again, and then try connecting
    - If you see the 'Account Type' option in the Options window, 
      check that the right account is selected for your SIM.

If this error persists, please contact Support 
    at your mobile network operator.

Support information:
    RAS error code 770
    - It is the default (the Huawei K3770)
    - No other application's using the same device/port
    - I cannot delete it as the application says it's in use - but nothing else's using it.
    - Account type is correct. 2Gb/2Gb account.

Any ideas?

TIA

Ook
    Christ-mass is NOT for Christians. Jeremiah 10.
    Is the 10 Commandments for Christians?

Saturday is the Seventh day, Sunday is the first day.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Librarian View Post
    - I cannot delete it as the application says it's in use - but nothing else's using
    Check what is loading at the boot. In Vodafone application there is an option not to load.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast