Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: How does the DSTV Eye work

Default How does the DSTV Eye work

Can't find any reference to this ?

Voltage from the decoder's RF out powers up active splitters and TV links. IR signal is turned into RF by the TVlink, which is sent through the cable back to the decoder. This signal is then received via the RF output and the decoder responds to the commands...

SandMan can I hook onto your post?

My setup is this; HDPVR 4 channel (record two watch one) (primary), xtra view to 1131 connected via RF In (secondary). Another TV coupled through the RF Out. Under this setup, everything is working fine.

Now I want to install a Space TV Link to the TV coupled through the RF Out.

Firstly I phoned the Helpline I found on the TV Link package, they couldn't help me as they are "not trained" to give advice, so why is there a telephone nr on the Package?

Next I phoned DSTV.

The first guy told me to swop the RF In and RF Out cables around because he said the TV Link work on the RF IN connection.

So firstly I swapped the cables around on the RF In and RF out. Now the extra view is on RF Out and the third TV with the link on RF In. I changed the xtra view sattings from Rf In to RF Out.

The xtra view is working fine but on the third Tv I can see the same picture as on the primary TV, but snowing badly and no sound and the TV Link is still not working.

Under Equipment setup nr 4 UHF Tuning is set to 46. I think the guys that installed the third TV changed something here, does anybody have information for me?
    "Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life's coming attractions" Albert Einstein
    Get your GRATISFAX number

Flamtech, you can't expect them to help you with your complete setup, just because you bought the TVlink from Space. There is a phone number on my toothpaste, but I do not expect them to tell me how to brush my teeth. Get an installer to help you out... or download the XtraView manual from the DStv forum.

Thanks guys.

I am using the remote Blaster now and it works well but as soon as the unit loses alignment (I have kids) , changing channels is a mare. Will try out this TV Link.

Quote Originally Posted by SandManZA View Post
    Thanks guys.

I am using the remote Blaster now and it works well but as soon as the unit loses alignment (I have kids) , changing channels is a mare. Will try out this TV Link.
    Same problem here. Nephews and nieces go dstv crazy on weekends. We in like flats so lots of splitters and because of that I've never tried it I never tried the TV link. And also its about 40M from decoder to my rooms TV.

For the convenience I think that the TV Link is the answer.

I recall seeing them at HiFi Corp so will get one this week.

Received this email from Space TV regarding TVLink
    Attached MC manual, I prefer to split the heart-beat cable with a T-piece. Connect the heart-beat RF OUT on both decoders, change your communication port in the menu (Xtraview setup) to RF out on both. Relay remote command should be off, accept remote command should be on. Change remote mode to TV2 on one of the dec. Under TV setup, TV Link must be enabled. If you want to feed more than 1x TV on RF use a SLX splitter down the line to split. Also under TV setup check that the UHF frequency’s (ch) are different to avoid interference.
    Here is a XtraView_Technical Manual_3.1.pdf
    "Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life's coming attractions" Albert Einstein
    Get your GRATISFAX number

Many thanks for the manual.