Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Change of Banking Details at SARS

Default Change of Banking Details at SARS

Please note that if you need to go to SARS due to receiving notice on E-Filing regarding your change of banking details, the ONLY proof of residence SARS will accept is a utility bill i.e. electricity bill or telephone bill. No other account will be accepted.

This was confirmed today from one of my clients who had to confirm her banking details with SARS.

So please take the following in with you if you are one of those who have received notice to update banking details at SARS:

Certified copy of your ID.
    Certified bank statement.
    Utility bill with your residential address.

If you do not have a utility bill with your residential address on it, SARS is not interested.

Regards.

And if your utility bills only have your P O Box on them ?
    Quote Originally Posted by flarkit View Post
    It's as if SANRAL is the little handle being used to start flushing SA's economy straight down the sewerage pipes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jola View Post
    And if your utility bills only have your P O Box on them ?
    not acceptable it must have your residential address on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Celine View Post
    not acceptable it must have your residential address on them.
    Always knew SARS were idiots !
    It's as if SANRAL is the little handle being used to start flushing SA's economy straight down the sewerage pipes.

Whoa! I'm a tennant. I don't have a utility nor a telephone bill.

Quote Originally Posted by philthom View Post
    Whoa! I'm a tennant. I don't have a utility nor a telephone bill.
    Ye I don't know how true this really is, it doesn't make sense for many people. Try phoning SARS and asking.

If it is true then you just need to get a utility bill from your landlord and a signed letter indicating that you live there.

It's all very well and saying "Only a utility bill is accepted" but, quite frankly, a fair number of people, including myself, (a) rent, and (b) get their telephone bills electronically. Hence the ONLY letter I get to my home address is my rent invoice. If they don't accept that, then apart from them coming to my house for a cup of coffee, there is absolutely nothing I can do.
    Seriously? Please tell me I'm not gonna have to shout at someone tomorrow...
    Never pat a burning dog

What I don't get is WHY THE HELL DO WE NEED TO FICA EVERY GOD DAMN TIME WITH EVERYONE

Surely when we FICA'd our banking details the first time around it would be enough? If SARS has any queries they could contact the freaking bank!

Please note that if you need to go to SARS due to receiving notice on E-Filing regarding your change of banking details, the ONLY proof of residence SARS will accept is a utility bill i.e. electricity bill or telephone bill. No other account will be accepted.

This was confirmed today from one of my clients who had to confirm her banking details with SARS.

So please take the following in with you if you are one of those who have received notice to update banking details at SARS:

Certified copy of your ID.
    Certified bank statement.
    Utility bill with your residential address.

If you do not have a utility bill with your residential address on it, SARS is not interested.

Regards.
    I had a similar problem when I tried to change my banking details. At the time, I was living with someone else and did not have any proof of address information in my name. The only thing that I could do was to get my fiancee to write an affidavit covering HER proof of address and use that to prove my address to SARS...

Juice
    Telkom, Neotel, ICASA and the DoC are national embarrassments.

We will not be silent.

Near the mountain that is named after furniture

On every utility/municipality statement is an erf number with street name, town and postal code... thats proof enough coz it is traceable.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaunyCT View Post
    On every utility/municipality statement is an erf number with street name, town and postal code... thats proof enough coz it is traceable.
    trying to be clever will get you nowhere.

trying to be clever will get you nowhere.
    But that applies to SARS as well ...

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Jola View Post
    But that applies to SARS as well ...
    Wanna bet?

Quote Originally Posted by xrapidx View Post
    Wanna bet?
    If they pay into the incorrect account and they have been informed of a change then they are liable - especially if the documentation supplied complies with FICA requirements.

SARS are not beyond the law, although they often seem to think that they are.

I just filled in my new banking details on the return thingy on e-filing. I checked now and it says my return was assessed yesterday but no money in my account yet. I hope all is well.
    I don't pay taxes, I pay royalties
    Pieter Dirk Uys

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast