Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 123 456713 ... LastLast

Thread: TCP connections stalling / Gmail, Gtalk, WhatsApp issues [fix in place - testing]

Every time I see people getting burned because they think they can trust CellC because they changed their corporate colours, I just giggle.

Blog Entries

I don't mind it as such since i'm enjoying this data promotion.. Streaming music to my phone all day at work love it.
    -|WebAfrica|-
    -|i7 3770k 4.6GHz|Custom WC loop|z77 V Gene|8GB|MSI GTX 670 Power Edition OC|160GB X25M-G2|4.5TB|QNIX @ 120Hz|-

Blog Entries

I guess the fact that I use Juice defender is why I dont notice it.

https://market.android.com/details?i....juicedefender

Juice defender turns off my 3G when phone is asleep, it turns the 3G on every 10 minutes to sync and then off again. This is done so that I dont run with 3G on all the time ie: saving battery life. Its also schedule not to poll while I sleep. I hate SMS's or Google chats waking me up.
    .... and thanks for all the fish.

Quote Originally Posted by Elimentals View Post
    I guess the fact that I use Juice defender is why I dont notice it.

https://market.android.com/details?i....juicedefender

Juice defender turns off my 3G when phone is asleep, it turns the 3G on every 10 minutes to sync and then off again. This is done so that I dont run with 3G on all the time ie: saving battery life. Its also schedule not to poll while I sleep. I hate SMS's or Google chats waking me up.
    I have no need for it. My battery lasts me comfortably for almost two days with phone on 2G EDGE on all the time. Phone just turns data off from 22:00 - 07:00.
    I don't pay taxes, I pay royalties
    Pieter Dirk Uys

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ocleroux View Post
    I have no need for it. My battery lasts me comfortably for almost two days with phone on 2G EDGE on all the time. Phone just turns data off from 22:00 - 07:00.
    Wow 2 days.... Try 3.5 to 4 on Desire HD

Time since last charge 25h02 - Still on 75% charge
    Last edited by Elimentals; 09-08-2011 at 06:50 PM.

Wow 2 days.... Try 3.5 to 4 on Desire HD
    I listen to the radio the whole day at work.
    Pieter Dirk Uys

Blog Entries

I listen to the radio the whole day at work.
    Ok yours is bigger than mine, I just mentioned Juicedefender because of the polling of 3G and the fact that I didnt notice Cell C's issue with push lag.

Ie:

Ok yours is bigger than mine, I just mentioned Juicedefender because of the polling of 3G and the fact that I didnt notice Cell C's issue with push lag.

g]
    I understand. :-)

BUT...I dont want my phone to have to poll........Android has push built in...AND I WANT IT TO WORK DAMMIT!

AND push is much better for your battery than the phone having to poll frequently....as I understand it anyway.

:-)
    Pieter Dirk Uys

Master

...AND I WANT IT TO WORK DAMMIT!
    'Nuff said....

CELL C ****ING FIX IT!!!!!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

Also having the same problem (i'm on Virgin Mobile, so basically Cell C as well)

Can Cell C please respond, I have the same problem.

Helllloooooooo?
    Pieter Dirk Uys

/heads to Hello Peter to post my complain there also.

And yes...I have told trevor. No response yet.
    Pieter Dirk Uys

/heads to Hello Peter to post my complain there also.

And yes...I have told trevor. No response yet.
    You said you have had this problem for a few weeks? WTF is the rush? You made them aware of it so maybe the Rep is trying to either: Find out what the problem is or Get a fix in place. That could be the reason for his lack of immediate response.

I just don't understand some people... O as if a guy with nice grammar skills who work on the HelloPeter/e-mail complaints will be able to solve your problem
    "Thank you Mr. blah blah. We have brought your concerns to the attention of our Network department who will be in contact with you shortly" /facepalm
    I have signed up with Bitco and it's by far the best internet I have ever had. Get a quote

Quote Originally Posted by Pitbull View Post
    You said you have had this problem for a few weeks? WTF is the rush? You made them aware of it so maybe the Rep is trying to either: Find out what the problem is or Get a fix in place. That could be the reason for his lack of immediate response.

I just don't understand some people... O as if a guy with nice grammar skills who work on the HelloPeter/e-mail complaints will be able to solve your problem
    "Thank you Mr. blah blah. We have brought your concerns to the attention of our Network department who will be in contact with you shortly" /facepalm
    A few weeks? My push service have never ever worked since I got this phone on RBM!!!!! I just never thought it could be the network as my internet works fine on the phone (most of the time anyway) and the edge sign is always on. It is only now that somone mentioned it to me in the Cellular section that all his friends on Cell C is having this problem but all his friends on Vodacom is working 100%. I then tested it and it turned out to be true that it is a Cell C problem.

So, I have been giving myself grey hair trying to figure out what could be causing this...posting in the MyBB Android section about it asking for help...askin for help on Google and Motorola forums. I have now HAD IT! I have 20 months still left of my contract and I want this to be attended to. I have been struggling with my Speedstick also but I just kinda left that as it is coming to a end now in December and just wont get a new one. BUT this problem I want solved as I dont want to wonder whether I am getting my messages and mails !!!
    Pieter Dirk Uys

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 123 456713 ... LastLast