Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How do I cancel a divert that someone else set up to my phone?

Blog Entries

Question How do I cancel a divert that someone else set up to my phone?

Is there any way I can cancel it from my phone?
    Or does it have to be canceled on that person's phone?

depends on the phone and sp as there is a code u can punch in to cancel it or its in the phones settings or just call the service desk they can do it for u

Quote Originally Posted by Garyvdh View Post
    Is there any way I can cancel it from my phone?
    Or does it have to be canceled on that person's phone?
    Dear Garyvdh

These are codes you can use on you phone to cancel the call forwarding

No reply ## 61 # dial
    Not reachable ## 62 # dial
    Busy ## 67 # dial
    Unconditional ## 21 # dial
    All conditions ## 002 # dial
    All conditions except unconditional ## 004 # dial

I would use the all conditions one though.

Regards

VD

I think you guys are missing the point. A 3rd party has a divert on their phone diverting their calls to him. He does not have access to the phone with the divert on.
    State of the cancerous nation

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by morkhans View Post
    I think you guys are missing the point. A 3rd party has a divert on their phone diverting their calls to him. He does not have access to the phone with the divert on.
    Yes, that is correct. I will only have access to their phone on the weekend, but I don't want to have to answer their calls all week long, so I want to cancel the divert now.
    Thanks.

Yes, that is correct. I will only have access to their phone on the weekend, but I don't want to have to answer their calls all week long, so I want to cancel the divert now.
    Thanks.
    It can be done via the call centre but then the user would need to call in to give the go ahead.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by VodacomData View Post
    It can be done via the call centre but then the user would need to call in to give the go ahead.
    Thanks, but surely the user should be able to control who is allowed to divert to him or not?

Grandmaster

Why not set your phone to block/reject all calls from that person's number.

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by KhoisanX View Post
    Why not set your phone to block/reject all calls from that person's number.
    AFAIK the number that's calling will show the originator of the call's number, not the number the call is begin diverted through.

Thanks, but surely the user should be able to control who is allowed to divert to him or not?
    Unfortunately we do not have that control , it would be very easy to divert and enter the incorrect number due to finger error and it gets diverted to someone else.

Unfortunately we do not have that control , it would be very easy to divert and enter the incorrect number due to finger error and it gets diverted to someone else.
    That means that if I & everyone else here on myBB had your cell number we could divert our numbers to you for a week. I'm sure you'd be screaming after a day.

So if I don't like you I couuld set up some real great deal ad on say gumtree using another number & then divert it all to you & you can do nothing about it?

Quote Originally Posted by ChilliGirl View Post
    That means that if I & everyone else here on myBB had your cell number we could divert our numbers to you for a week. I'm sure you'd be screaming after a day.

So if I don't like you I couuld set up some real great deal ad on say gumtree using another number & then divert it all to you & you can do nothing about it?
    The only problem with that , is that you will be billed for all the calls that is diverted from your number to me. Remember that the person calling you would pay for that call as per normal , however your phone would then be making a call to my number , and you would be paying for that call.

So that little exercise could work out very costly.

I suppose that if you didnt like me at all and only wanted to work on my nerves , then the money would not be an object

Blog Entries

sheesh, I called my Mom and tried to explain to her over the phone how to key in the code to cancel the divert. You think she can find the hash key on her blackberry? Think again. I guess it will have to wait for the weekend. I still think the user should have the option to cancel any diverts that are directed against his number without having to go through such a rigmarole. Especially when I never set up the divert in the first place (my brother did it).

sheesh, I called my Mom and tried to explain to her over the phone how to key in the code to cancel the divert. You think she can find the hash key on her blackberry? Think again. I guess it will have to wait for the weekend. I still think the user should have the option to cancel any diverts that are directed against his number without having to go through such a rigmarole. Especially when I never set up the divert in the first place (my brother did it).
    Send me your moms number , i will see what i can do

Blog Entries

Send me your moms number , i will see what i can do
    Thanks VodacomData, you are a magician... and you officially rock!
    It's all sorted now. Thanks for going the extra mile!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast