Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

View Poll Results: Who do you think is the best ISP in SA?

Voters
171. You may not vote on this poll
  • Web Africa

32 18.71%
  • Openweb

28 16.37%
  • Afrihost

50 29.24%
  • Axxess

4 2.34%
  • MWEB

45 26.32%
  • Cybersmart

4 2.34%
  • Internet Solutions

2 1.17%
  • Telkom Internet

6 3.51%
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast

Thread: Top rated ADSL ISP in SA revealed

Default Top rated ADSL ISP in SA revealed

Top rated ADSL ISP in South Africa revealed

Latest MyBroadband survey reveals which ISP consumers feel provides the best service levels and value for money

Woa, I have a client, here is a support ticket response from Web Africa on the 18th of July:

*snip* This query has now been marked as Critical and I have requested that our Engineers investigate this issue further.

Again, I apologies for the inconvenience caused by this delay.
    It's the 25th. It took me a whole 2 minutes to solve this issue AND I DON'T EVEN WORK FOR WEB AFRICA

rpm dude, I know you love Matt and his team... but it's time to let go of "what could have been" and focus on "what is now" and I'm sorry. Their support has gone down the tubes since that major buy-in a few years back... before they even attempted their own network.

Quote Originally Posted by AcidRaZor View Post
    rpm dude, I know you love Matt and his team... but it's time to let go of "what could have been" and focus on "what is now" and I'm sorry. Their support has gone down the tubes since that major buy-in a few years back... before they even attempted their own network.
    But rpm is not the one who decided. The results are based on those surveyed.
    ಠ_ಠ
    <|>
    /ω\

Woa, I have a client, here is a support ticket response from Web Africa on the 18th of July:

It's the 25th. It took me a whole 2 minutes to solve this issue AND I DON'T EVEN WORK FOR WEB AFRICA

It is a survey where everybody could participate in - even you. RPM is only reporting the result of the survey, with no adjustments. I suggest you read the following Wikipedia articles: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Negativity_bias and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hostile_media_effect.

Grandmaster
    Blog Entries

Sometimes i feel the "best" is actually one that can be granted to the top 3 (in no particular order , MWEB, WA & Afrihost)

These guys have brought out packages that shook the market up (i may have left other ISP's out in that case add them to the list).

So basically when one brings out packages that the others are too slow to respond to , we dub them "the best ISP in SA".

So for one or 2 months it can be either one of these ISPs.

just my 2cents worth.

Today i pick Afrihost for their R149 50GB topup account & their R1 special earlier to which none of the other ISP's responded...as yet.

Tell me i am wrong in my thinking here ....i know service means alot to us but i had a payment issue sorted with Afrihost on a sunday just past midday . +1

Just to add: no ISP can hold the "best" for long...
    Last edited by Yuu; 26-07-2011 at 12:27 AM. Reason: few corrections

Thanks to everyone for their vote - means a lot to us here at WA

Their support has gone down the tubes since that major buy-in a few years back... before they even attempted their own network.
    Nope. Our customer satisfaction metrics (which we measure religiously) are currently stronger than they have ever been.
    Last edited by waroop; 26-07-2011 at 12:32 AM.
    Regards, Rupert Bryant
    Chief Operating Officer and Co-Founder, Web Africa
    Follow me on Twitter

I'm not sure why there is no 'Reliability' column.

Hey Everyone

Thanks for the rating & the vote. The good news is we came 3rd. The bad news is we came 3rd!

At least we came first in 'Value for Money' and 'Billing' :-)

I promise that we are passionate about improving every aspect of our service - we want to surprise and delight you in everything we do.

Well done to Web Africa & Openweb on pipping us.

Next year we'll be at the top (and you can quote me on that one :-) )

Have a great day!

Gian
    CEO, Afrihost*

Last edited by Afrihost-Gian; 26-07-2011 at 02:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Afrihost-Gian View Post
    Hey Everyone

Thanks for the rating & the vote. The good news is we came 3rd. The bad news is we came 3rd!

At least we came first in 'Value for Money' and 'Billing' :-)

I promise that we are passionate about improving every aspect of our service - we want to surprise and delight you in everything we do.

Well done to Web Africa & Openweb on pipping us.

Next year we'll be at the top (and you can quote me on that one :-) )

Have a great day!

Gian
    CEO, Afrihost*

Don't worry, Gian. At the rate you guys are going, you will be #1 very soon.

For starters, I can't even remember when Matthew last made his presence known on these forums anyway.
    Last edited by Roadrunner; 26-07-2011 at 07:20 AM.

Must admit I expected Afrihost to be No 1

Have had nothing but excellent service from them in all departments

As the other guys in this thread said, I merely reported the results from the survey. We did not even crunch the numbers – we used an outsource freelancer for this task (and checked the numbers afterwards for accuracy)

What never seizes to amaze me is that one person comes in and says the stats are wrong, despite the fact that 3,000+ people were surveys. They therefore claim to have a better insight into a variety of factors from a wide range of ISPs than the people who actually use these ISPs. Their abilities really are amazing – why do we still need survey companies and research when we have such exceptional skills lurking around on the forum?

Afrihost? You have got to be kidding
    Mweb all the way !!
    #FREEISRAEL

I like how some of the ISP reps jumped in here and made a statement. shows that they are paying attention to what people are saying.

Afrihost FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by crackersa View Post
    I like how some of the ISP reps jumped in here and made a statement. shows that they are paying attention to what people are saying.
    I like how some of the ISP CEO's are seen as ISP Reps. Bow down before the mighty Gian, you heathen

Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast