Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: What exactly is KMservice.exe please?

Default What exactly is KMservice.exe please?

I have KMservice.exe in my C:\window folder that popped up as a threat in AVG all of a sudden. Have searched the web and found hundreds of conflicting postings and articles on what it is or how to remove.

Hope there is someone here that have the correct answer as to wht it is or how to remove it

Blog Entries

You don't need to to remove it, there is nothing malicious about it.
    It is the pirate activator for Microsoft Office.
    You must have a gypo version of office on your system that has used the pirate KMS management program to tamper with Windows Key Management Service.
    But you don't need to worry about it. If you remove it, then you your MS office will most likely stop working and go unactivated.

You have two options.

1) Uninstall MS Office and go and buy the legit full version and re-install it using the licensed key. (Recommended)

or

2) Add the KMService.exe file to the exclusion list of your anti-virus software and you won't be bothered about it again.

Kmservice.exe is not a virus,adware or spyware. It is a pirated activator for Office 2010.

The underlying app to uninstall is called KMService Module

Busted! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Garyvdh View Post
    Uninstall MS Office and go and buy the legit full version and re-install it using the licensed key. (Recommended)
    .....or just use LibreOffice?
    Just a quick note: C#

Ok. i got it :P because Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware detected this as infected file