Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 22 1 234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Gay Christians

Default Gay Christians

I'm interested to find out how gay Christians justify their chosen lifestyle when the Bible clearly disapproves.
    Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind, it is abomination. Defile not ye yourselves in any of these things
    - Leviticus 18:22,24.

I have debated with a few of these types and a few say that God loves everyone the same, others say they were created this way by God himself. It's true that God loves everyone including gays, murderers and rapists, but God needs to punish these people for their actions, like when a parent lovingly spanks a naughty child. If God created gays that way, then why would He speak against the gay lifestyle - it makes no sense.

Anyway, have any of you discussed this matter with a gay Christian and what did they say, better yet if you're a gay Christian please respond.

Blog Entries

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMEe7JqBgvg
    A video about the OP.

... gay people celebrate 9/11 like its their birthday!
    "To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist. That is all..." - Oscar Wilde

Blog Entries

Laws the OP disobeys in the Bible:

"Neither shall a garment mingled of linen and woolen come upon thee." -- Leviticus 19:19
    "Ye shall not round the corners of your heads." -- Leviticus 19:27
    "When a woman has a discharge of blood, which is her regular discharge from her body, she shall be in her impurity for seven days, and whoever touches her shall be unclean until evening." -- Leviticus 15:19-20
    "When men fight with one another, and the wife of the one draws near to rescue her husband from the hand of him who is beating him, and puts out her hand and seizes him by the private parts, then you shall cut off her hand." -- Deuteronomy 25:11-12
    (Deuteronomy 22:28-29 NLT)

If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her.
    The Bible is just so full of useful advice that hogswaggle does not follow.
    Last edited by ghoti; 17-08-2011 at 01:41 PM.
    "To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist. That is all..." - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Honswaggle View Post
    it makes no sense.
    That's right, nothing in the Bible makes any sense.
    I once dated a girl who lisped, she wanted to watch Faith Like Potatoes. 20 minutes in it dawned that we weren't watching a movie about the Elephant Man...

Joziburg. Home Of Broadband Sloth Racing...
    Blog Entries

Well technically Leviticus is not a part of the new testament so is mostly irrelevant to christians. However many are very quick to quote non-new testament verses when it suits them...
    Internet the way it was meant to be. Launch details will become Crystal Clear very soon...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DJ... View Post
    Well technically Leviticus is not a part of the new testament so is mostly irrelevant to christians. However many are very quick to quote non-new testament verses when it suits them...
    The Bible is the word of God to most Christians. So a lot of us are questioning the sanity of a god that makes such absurd and evil rules.

Blog Entries

OP:

The point of this section is debate and discussion, therefore, I don't think it unreasonable to expect a degree of participation by thread-starters and contributors. We are there to engage with one another, not drop bombs and run like hell.
    http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthre...nd-guidelines.
    Behind every dark cloud lies the sun, waiting to boil you alive.
    *girds loins*

If God created gays that way, then why would He speak against the gay lifestyle - it makes no sense.
    god was actually quite clever. He put this in there to test those who claimed to be christian but ran around judging everyone else. You have just failed his test. Go straight to hell. Do not pass begin. Do not collect R 200.00.

It's true that God loves everyone including gays, murderers and rapists
    That's how. Why do you put gays, murders and rapists in the same sentence?

Joziburg. Home Of Broadband Sloth Racing...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ghoti View Post
    The Bible is the word of God to most Christians. So a lot of us are questioning the sanity of a god that makes such absurd and evil rules.
    But he changed his mind according to christians. Perplexing, I know. But an excuse nonetheless to ignore Leviticus until it suits you.

I'm not sure why christians take issue with homosexuality - there is nothing in the new testament condemning it outright iirc.

Corinthians has a few mentions but in reading up on Corinthians passages about gays, it seems it was changed to suit the recent times.

For example, the original King James bible states:

9...Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate [malakoi], nor abusers of themselves with mankind [arsenokoitai], 10 Nor thieves..., shall inherit the kingdom of God.
    New International Version:

9...Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes [malakoi] nor homosexual offenders [arsenokoitai] 10 nor thieves...will inherit the kingdom of God.
    Revised Standard Version--1952 edition:

9...Do not be deceived; neither the immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals [malakoi and arsenokoitai], 10 nor thieves..., will inherit the kingdom of God.
    Revised Standard Version--1971 edition:

9...Do not be deceived; neither the immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor sexual perverts [malakoi and arsenokoitai], 10 nor thieves..., will inherit the kingdom of God.
    So the words were changed to suit their agendas of the time...
    Internet the way it was meant to be. Launch details will become Crystal Clear very soon...

Quote Originally Posted by ghoti View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMEe7JqBgvg
    A video about the OP.

... gay people celebrate 9/11 like its their birthday!
    LOL that is funny hehe
    I don't pay taxes, I pay royalties
    Pieter Dirk Uys

Gay Christians
    Why are people so obsessed with the laws of the levi priests? Those verses apply to the holy men and how they should be to be holy to be able to serve and be close to god.

If you really are looking for god (the how, the what, the if) then you should broaden your view to include other religions and cultures, because just depending on Christianity is going to give you just a definition of god as it's not "The Definition", but one face thereof.

Furthermore I can't phantom the "obsession" some have with other's sexual orientation when it actually has nothing to do with them what one or more consenting adult does behind doors. Seriously what is worse, two people fighting or two people in a loving relationship?

Quote Originally Posted by copacetic View Post
    OP:

The point of this section is debate and discussion, therefore, I don't think it unreasonable to expect a degree of participation by thread-starters and contributors. We are there to engage with one another, not drop bombs and run like hell.
    http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthre...nd-guidelines.
    Seems to be nothing more than poor attempt at TROLL™
    Last edited by Necuno; 17-08-2011 at 02:02 PM.
    Disclaimer: The use of my free time precludes any reproach.
    Latest: Does your ISP unshaped speedtest ?!

I'm interested to find out how gay Christians justify their chosen lifestyle when the Bible clearly disapproves.
    - Leviticus 18:22,24.

I have debated with a few of these types and a few say that God loves everyone the same, others say they were created this way by God himself. It's true that God loves everyone including gays, murderers and rapists, but God needs to punish these people for their actions, like when a parent lovingly spanks a naughty child. If God created gays that way, then why would He speak against the gay lifestyle - it makes no sense.

Anyway, have any of you discussed this matter with a gay Christian and what did they say, better yet if you're a gay Christian please respond.
    How do Christians who swear justify their life? Step away from the whole gay this gay that thing..... You're asking the wrong question!
    I've come to realise through these discussions that one will only run in circles.
    You've quoted the Word of God and that's good, but now you have to look at it from Gods eyes (post-resurrection). Everybody sins, me you included - there's NO difference between the Christian who swears and the Christian who's gay. The important thing is this: have you accepted Jesus Christ as your saviour? If that's the case, then the Holy Spirit of God will show you what is wrong in your life...not ppl.

Super Grandmaster

LOL @ Gay Christians that's like having a Black KKK member.
    nothing to see here move along....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ekstasis View Post
    How do Christians who swear justify their life? Step away from the whole gay this gay that thing..... You're asking the wrong question!
    I've come to realise through these discussions that one will only run in circles.
    You've quoted the Word of God and that's good, but now you have to look at it from Gods eyes (post-resurrection). Everybody sins, me you included - there's NO difference between the Christian who swears and the Christian who's gay. The important thing is this: have you accepted Jesus Christ as your saviour? If that's the case, then the Holy Spirit of God will show you what is wrong in your life...not ppl.
    Gay hating is in the New Testament as well.

Even though God created the gay people and gay animals we have

Page 1 of 22 1 234511 ... LastLast