Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 86 of 265 FirstFirst ... 36768283848586 8788899096136186 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 3975

Thread: Web Africa ADSL general feedback

Grandmaster

International Seems to be gone on WA
    No Signature for the moment

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Hood View Post
    What do you mean moaning....I'm not talking 1 or 2 days here...i'm talking WEEKS mate!
    Why didn't you cancel it then?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickster View Post
    Why is everyone going ape **** over this car, it looks like junk and the performance must be too.
    Quote Originally Posted by KSINGH View Post
    Oh no you didn't

Web Africa Representative WAJeff's Avatar

Morning guys,

We are investigating the network issues as I'm posting this. Unfortunately our office connection is also affected, hence my delay in letting you guys now. I'll keep you posted to any developments.

Quote Originally Posted by froot View Post
    Why didn't you cancel it then?
    have done it LAST WEEK already...but they STILL want me to pay for this month...catch my drift? Now i'm stuck with "faulty connections" for ANOTHER month ( been having faults for weeks now )
    Sorry, i'm talking crap...i cancelled my account on the 27th OFFICIALLY!
    Last edited by Robin Hood; 02-03-2012 at 09:25 AM.
    We "might" know a lot, but we don't know everything...

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Hood View Post
    have done it LAST WEEK already...but they STILL want me to pay for this month...catch my drift? Now i'm stuck with "faulty connections" for ANOTHER month ( been having faults for weeks now )
    Sorry, i'm talking crap...i cancelled my account on the 27th OFFICIALLY!
    You've got until the 20th or 24th iirc to cancel, as per their very generous T&C's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickster View Post
    Why is everyone going ape **** over this car, it looks like junk and the performance must be too.
    Quote Originally Posted by KSINGH View Post
    Oh no you didn't

...true....But my reason for "moaning", is that i have reported my problem WEEKS ago...with NO positive results....AND....as a customer for about 7 years, i really DO think they could have made an exception...
    I mean...How can you charge a customer, if you KNOW you're at fault?

http://forums.webafrica.co.za/showth...Network-Outage

Date: 2nd March 2012
    Attending: Network Engineers
    Impact: Customers may experience slow download speeds or packet loss

Further updates will follow shortly. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

Quote Originally Posted by froot View Post
    You've got until the 20th or 24th iirc to cancel, as per their very generous T&C's.
    True....but i believe the "generous"-bit counts for connections that's "generous" too.....

Our call centre number also seems to be experiencing issues. You can contact us in 021 464 9500 or support@webafrica.co.za

Quote Originally Posted by WAJeff View Post
    Our call centre number also seems to be experiencing issues. You can contact us in 021 464 9500 or support@webafrica.co.za

What next I call in to day 19th in the que WTF
    WA needs to tell us what is going on the boat really looks like it is sinking....

Any update on the outage ?

Quote Originally Posted by mrlgm007 View Post
    What next I call in to day 19th in the que WTF
    WA needs to tell us what is going on the boat really looks like it is sinking....

Any update on the outage ?
    What shocked me is I was on Cybersmart for a year and their customer service was beyond crap, but I let it slide since it was a small company and you pay for what you get. So when I moved to WA, kind of expected decent service since it's such a well know name.

But its just endless slowdown's, network faults, maintenance and all kinds of crap I never had to deal with. cant believe I'm saying this, but I miss Cybersmart!

My sincere apologies for this guys. The outage is affecting our office connectivity, and subsequently our phone systems. As soon as I have feedback from our engineers I'll have it posted.

We're working as hard as we can on getting things resolved.

Default Web Africa Network Issues - 2 March 2012

Hi all,

Firstly, I'd like to extend both my sincere apologies on both Web Africa and my personal behalf.
    We experienced a network outage today which was caused by errors between our two primary core routers. As soon as this was picked up our Network Engineers where dispatched to our data centre to resolve and re-configure the issues at hand.

Unfortunately this also affected the Web Africa office connectivity, including our telephone systems. Our best effort where concentrated on our online platforms to keep everyone up to date.

Customers who are still experiencing issues with our network are urged to please contact our ADSL Department who will investigate any isolated issues.
    Thanks for your patience, it's highly appreciated!

Must say my WA account has been top notch these past 2 weeks.Well done to the support guys for sorting my initial problem out.

Hey all,

EDIT: Apologies for such a long post. Just sharing my feelings here!

I'm not here to bash Web Africa on their product, as I've been a happy customer of their's for years and they have always given me both good service and support. (which did include the odd downtime, but they usually sort that out quickly.)

I do have a few questions though that others here could possibly answer and / or anyone from Web Africa:

1) I'm sitting on a 384kbps line. Does anyone have any idea on how much we are allowed to download past our threshold before we are "really abusing" the package? I ask, as it will be difficult and a little annoying to keep my downloading inside a certain time frame. I share this connection with both my Dad, and my sister who live in the same house with me. My dad likes to Youtube quite a bit, and does his bit of downloading. My sister especially will do some heavy downloading.. (using up a gig of normal bandwidth in a single night.) - besides all this, I would ALSO like to do some downloading.

This makes it a little awkward; I can tell my sister that she can download from 12 onwards, and she would most likely be fine with that, but then when exactly should I do mine? Unless I download during the day, I won't get very far as the speeds you get trying to pull multiple downloads through a 384, which are not pretty.

I'm not too worried, as I will most likely just download anyhow and suffer the threshold penalty, but I saw earlier in this thread that some were getting warning notices and such.. and I also dislike the fact that it is made out to be a bit of a bad thing that I'm using my uncapped because that means I'm apparently "not playing by the rules". Anyone?

I most likely sound like I -am- here to bash Web Africa, but I'm more just wanting to share my feedback and get some answers. My sister was wanting us to upgrade to uncapped for awhile now as we were spending quite a bit in bandwidth topups. (We must have paid Afrihost around R200+ and Web Africa R200+ last month alone. Excluding line rental) - I saw Web Africa had a good price, and thought I would try it. From reading a little on these forums it seems people are happier with Mweb, and I would really rather stay with Web Africa... but I need to go with what works.

2) Any idea how throttled speeds for gaming are compared to normal speeds, and what are everyone else's experiences? I was getting a ping of around 300 last night on TF2, I swapped to my free Afrihost gig, and my pings dropped to 40 to 100. I noticed I was throttled though, due to a mistaken idea that all downloading on the weekend didn't count. Don't ask me what gave that idea.. * - I do game, and would love to see proper speeds here.

(*Although - I think this is an awesome step in the right direction if you want to implement such a system, WA)

Lastly; a bit of feedback. The speeds seem to have been good over the weekend, even while throttled a bit. I started downloading at about 10 AM yesterday, and by around 6 PM I had downloaded around a gig. This in my opinion is quite good for a 384 line. I'm happy about this!

Page 86 of 265 FirstFirst ... 36768283848586 8788899096136186 ... LastLast