Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter



Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 6789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 140

Thread: Nokia N8 Belle Update

  1. #61

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by d7e7r7 View Post
    Thanks, downloading now:


    Lol. Go make a coffee or three

  2. #62
    Super Grandmaster
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    7,265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arneduppi View Post
    Lol. Go make a coffee or three
    Ok it's done now... meh... still looks pretty complicated for me

  3. #63

    Default

    Lol
    Don't know what to say...

  4. #64

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by d7e7r7 View Post
    Ok it's done now... meh... still looks pretty complicated for me
    Guess a youtube video will also not work? Then teamviewer is the only way. Lol.

  5. #65
    Super Grandmaster
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    7,265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arneduppi View Post
    Guess a youtube video will also not work? Then teamviewer is the only way. Lol.
    Yep....

  6. #66

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by d7e7r7 View Post
    Yep....
    Do you have Phoenix 2011 installed?

  7. #67
    Super Grandmaster
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    7,265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arneduppi View Post
    Do you have Phoenix 2011 installed?
    Nope... Where do I get it from?

  8. #68

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by d7e7r7 View Post
    Nope... Where do I get it from?
    http://staryus.blogspot.com/2011/05/nokia-phoenix.html About a 100 mb download so leave it to download during the night. LOL

  9. #69
    Super Grandmaster
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    7,265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arneduppi View Post
    http://staryus.blogspot.com/2011/05/nokia-phoenix.html About a 100 mb download so leave it to download during the night. LOL
    Ok thanks... going to download now...
    Is this the biggest download or are there other big downloads I should start in the meantime?

  10. #70

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by d7e7r7 View Post
    Ok thanks... going to download now...
    Is this the biggest download or are there other big downloads I should start in the meantime?
    The actual Symbian Belle download will be bigger.

  11. #71
    Super Grandmaster
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    7,265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arneduppi View Post
    The actual Symbian Belle download will be bigger.
    How big is that? I know this depends on which Belle release I download but I haven't done this before so don't know which one is best as there are tons of releases out there??? Which do you recommend?

    Also can I download my current firmware (Version 022.014, Product code 0599399) in case I want/need to revert back for some reason?
    Last edited by d7e7r7; 06-12-2011 at 01:52 AM.

  12. #72

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by d7e7r7 View Post
    How big is that? I know this depends on which Belle release I download but I haven't done this before so don't know which one is best as there are tons of releases out there??? Which do you recommend?

    Also can I download my current firmware (Version 022.014, Product code 0599399) in case I want/need to revert back for some reason?
    I am using this one I am using Delight Belle 3.5 http://www.multiupload.com/V3ITVMTVSZ. It's 150Mb Yes you can downgrade http://www.nokiausers.net/forum/noki...e-your-n8.html. You will have to download the scandinavian dg 11.5 firmware from Navifirm. Or just wait for the official Belle release and upgrade via Ovi Software Update.

  13. #73

    Default

    Unf. I have veeeery slow internet, ..but here is my method:

    1. Download your desired Firmware from Dailymobile Nokia S^3 section (111.030.0607), and then make a folder RM-596 in phoenix under products. Extract the files there.
    2. Open Phoenix, do not connect your phone yet. Open settings, remove USB1 connection.
    3. Go to File and then click open products and then choose RM-596
    4. After that Click Flashing and then click Update Firmware.
    5. Click product codes and click the assigned version.
    6. Under the same page check Dead Phone USB Flashing.
    7. Below the page click option
    8. Now you can see 2 files with color red, Delete them, press ok.
    9. Now click Refurbish.
    10. A firmware update popup will appear with instructions, press ok.
    11. Turn your phone off, connect it, at first it will try and charge it, disconnect your phone, wait for it to turn off again, now re-connect, flashing will start automatically the second time you attach it.
    12. If the message Programming Succeeded appears.
    Wait for a little longer countdown starts from 25-1 will appear
    dont let it finish, if you see it starts counting down, disconnect your phone
    and press the power button. Thats it.

    Sometimes you might have to restart your phone once or twice if it gets stuck at any stage, but after that it's plain-sailing..

    P.s. Delight Belle has a different look to it, with transparent widgets and a different digital clock. Other than that it's pretty good.
    I'm on the trimmed down version of the T-Mobile-PL Official leak. I have found it to be the most stable, and fastest of the non-custom firmwares. +/-170mb free on C: ...I've tried 111.020.. Delight, Xeon, The One etc..
    Last edited by dudewotevr; 06-12-2011 at 12:21 PM.
    ZTE Nubia Z5s Mini - CM11
    Q9400 @3.6 | 6GB Dominator | MIIF | GTX670 @1150/1700 | 120GB Vertex3 | LA32D550 | HX520

  14. #74
    Super Grandmaster
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    7,265

    Default

    My internet is pretty slow so won't have the luxury of trying out all the different releases...
    arneduppi - you're using Delight & dudewotevr - you're using a version of the T-Mobile-PL Official leak...
    Which release do you guys think think is best overall? Do they all work with Opera Mobile? Nokia Maps? Whatsapp? etc...

  15. #75

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by d7e7r7 View Post
    My internet is pretty slow so won't have the luxury of trying out all the different releases...
    arneduppi - you're using Delight & dudewotevr - you're using a version of the T-Mobile-PL Official leak...
    Which release do you guys think think is best overall? Do they all work with Opera Mobile? Nokia Maps? Whatsapp? etc...
    They're very similar, Delight looks slightly different and has additional stuff installed, head on over to Dailymobile to read up on it and see screenshots.
    Opera Mobile (though I actually find the in-built browser to be faster), Maps and weather (weather wasn't working when I was on Delight 3.4, but 3.6 out now, so maybe), whatsapp all working.

    T-MobilePL: http://www.multiupload.com/2M6DE8VMBO

    Replace UDA file with this trimmed T-MobilePL UDA: http://www.mediafire.com/?n25t049k474gzcp

    Or check out CFW options here: http://forum.dailymobile.se/index.php?board=121.0
    ZTE Nubia Z5s Mini - CM11
    Q9400 @3.6 | 6GB Dominator | MIIF | GTX670 @1150/1700 | 120GB Vertex3 | LA32D550 | HX520

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 6789 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •