Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 910 LastLast

Thread: Nokia N8 Belle Update

So how do I get nokia maps installed again?

After flashing with a custom firmware (that pro v3 link posted earlier in this thread), everything except my nokia store works. =/
    Last edited by Tinuva; 19-02-2012 at 11:32 AM.
    Few people can see the genius in someone who has offended them.
    - Robertson Davies

Nvm,

Just going to grab a clean copy with navifirm instead.
    - Robertson Davies

Hey

I have the same problem.. everything is FINE.. actaully except Skype and OVI store

Anyone know how to solve the problem?
    Don't know what to say...

Quote Originally Posted by kaisterkai View Post
    Hey

I have the same problem.. everything is FINE.. actaully except Skype and OVI store

Anyone know how to solve the problem?
    I used navifirm to download clean firmware that wasn't customized to crap, and now all my stuff works just perfect.
    - Robertson Davies

naviform?

Mm.. k cool..

Will take a look..

But is it still the same V 3? Or different one?

Navifirm Plus which I downloaded, you have a choice of 3 indexes you can use,
    1. Nokia Care Suite (so same server the nokia suite uses, except you can then flash it to any compatible phone)
    2. Quality Assurance (I am taking a guess, this server is where Nokia release firmware versions to be tested by the cellphone networks like MTN, Vodacom ect who then approve the firmware to be released to their phones)
    3. Production External (no clue)

I grabbed mine from the 1st server, and it is the same version that was officially released.

Now if you use the Phoenix software, great thing about it, it can even flash phones that you bricked with a bad update, no idea how that works, but I assume it talks directly to the hardware.

So step1:
    Go into Phoenix, figure out your product code (its actually different number in NaviFirm that what you get from *#0000#)

step2:
    Go into Navifirm, -> Nokia Care Suite Server
    Choose Nokia N8 (RM-596)
    Then next column choose software version, for Belle it is 111.30.609
    Then in Variants column choose what you need, mine was "euro3_dg (0599766)
    Then on the files side, click "Mark All" but then untick the 1.22gb emmc file, which is just gonna format your internal memory drive and wipe your photos ect. and its 1.2gb you dont have to download.

Step3:
    Close phoenix
    Place the files into the the product folder. Eg. on my pc it was:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Nokia\Phoenix\Products
    Inside that folder create a folder called RM-596
    Then place the downloaded file into this RM-596 folder.

step4:
    open up phoenix
    Detect your phone
    Make sure phone is fully charged just in case you brick it
    Flash firmware
    Software will tell you what to do, even if something goes wrong.

ps. A tip. When you installed Phoenix, make sure you dont run a antivirus/firewall ect which can stuff up the installed, because it is cracked software.

Navifirm that I used: http://www.restricted.co.za/upload/navifirmplus_1.7.zip
    The Phoenix guide I used: (only the navifirm and phoenix part, I skipped the modding part with cooker ect) http://forum.dailymobile.se/index.php?topic=41316.0

Basically everything on my phone works, with the exception it was missing my South African MAPs ect which I just downloaded again.
    - Robertson Davies

FYI It's impossible to brick a N8, they can always be flashed with Scandinavian 11.5 firmware..

Funny, I did the same thing, reverted to Official and couldn't stand the lag and not being able to tweak/install various mods, ...but last night did a fresh install of V3, memory card too, and am super happy again..

BTW backing up CITIES folder on mem card will save all your maps..
    ZTE Nubia Z5s Mini - CM11
    Q9400 @3.6 | 6GB Dominator | MIIF | GTX670 @1150/1700 | 120GB Vertex3 | LA32D550 | HX520

OK, I want to move to Belle, and the above guide seems completely workable. My question is: If I flash with an official version, would it change my product code to the the one belonging to the files I use, or will it remain the same? Would I then be able to do OTA updates and updates via Nokia suite when they become available?

I do not want a "custom" phone, want it to remain as standard as possible, I am just tired of waiting for Vodacom to take their time approving the Belle update.

Quote Originally Posted by Superjakes View Post
    I do not want a "custom" phone, want it to remain as standard as possible, I am just tired of waiting for Vodacom to take their time approving the Belle update.
    Then I suggest you wait patiently. I've been checking for updates everyday since Belle was officially released, every time hoping for good news, but alas. You get to a point where you just accept that you can do nothing but just wait. No amount of complaining about Vodacom will make us feel any better. But I feel that it will be worth the wait.
    What puzzles me is that product code 0599399 got the update approved after 1 week, yet 059D2N9 is still waiting even though it's 1st gen. Hopefully we'll get it by the end of the week...
    http://www.erepublik.com/en/referrer/K9+Jazpurr
    ^^ Do it! You know you want to...

Quote Originally Posted by Superjakes View Post
    OK, I want to move to Belle, and the above guide seems completely workable. My question is: If I flash with an official version, would it change my product code to the the one belonging to the files I use, or will it remain the same? Would I then be able to do OTA updates and updates via Nokia suite when they become available?

It won't change your product code, I'm Vodacom 059D2N9 and I've flashed over 10 times.

Remember Official Belle doesn't have the new widgets.. It's bare-bones.. If you want those you'll have to manually hack your phone and try install them, but I encountered too many problems..
    Last edited by dudewotevr; 21-02-2012 at 03:16 PM.
    ZTE Nubia Z5s Mini - CM11
    Q9400 @3.6 | 6GB Dominator | MIIF | GTX670 @1150/1700 | 120GB Vertex3 | LA32D550 | HX520

Quote Originally Posted by dudewotevr View Post
    It won't change your product code, I'm Vodacom 059D2N9 and I've flashed over 10 times.

Remember Official Belle doesn't have the new widgets.. It's bare-bones.. If you want those you'll have to manually hack your phone and try install them, but I encountered too many problems..
    So if I understand this correctly, whenever Vodacom decides to grace us with it's approval of Belle, I would be able to "upgrade" to it via the Nokia Suite?

Correct.

And yes, the above mentioned way I flash doesn't change your product code, that is hard coded into the hardware.
    - Robertson Davies

So I just did another random update check on Nokia Suite and imagine my delight when I see this...

http://www.picvalley.net/v.php?p=u/2...rsBRQZYYkr.PNG

Only to follow through to THIS...

http://www.picvalley.net/v.php?p=u/2...3WXNNIns6I.PNG

Feels like a slap in the face!
    http://www.erepublik.com/en/referrer/K9+Jazpurr
    ^^ Do it! You know you want to...

Quote Originally Posted by Tinuva View Post
    Navifirm Plus which I downloaded, you have a choice of 3 indexes you can use,
    1. Nokia Care Suite (so same server the nokia suite uses, except you can then flash it to any compatible phone)
    2. Quality Assurance (I am taking a guess, this server is where Nokia release firmware versions to be tested by the cellphone networks like MTN, Vodacom ect who then approve the firmware to be released to their phones)
    3. Production External (no clue)

I grabbed mine from the 1st server, and it is the same version that was officially released.

Now if you use the Phoenix software, great thing about it, it can even flash phones that you bricked with a bad update, no idea how that works, but I assume it talks directly to the hardware.

So step1:
    Go into Phoenix, figure out your product code (its actually different number in NaviFirm that what you get from *#0000#)

step2:
    Go into Navifirm, -> Nokia Care Suite Server
    Choose Nokia N8 (RM-596)
    Then next column choose software version, for Belle it is 111.30.609
    Then in Variants column choose what you need, mine was "euro3_dg (0599766)
    Then on the files side, click "Mark All" but then untick the 1.22gb emmc file, which is just gonna format your internal memory drive and wipe your photos ect. and its 1.2gb you dont have to download.

Step3:
    Close phoenix
    Place the files into the the product folder. Eg. on my pc it was:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Nokia\Phoenix\Products
    Inside that folder create a folder called RM-596
    Then place the downloaded file into this RM-596 folder.

step4:
    open up phoenix
    Detect your phone
    Make sure phone is fully charged just in case you brick it
    Flash firmware
    Software will tell you what to do, even if something goes wrong.

ps. A tip. When you installed Phoenix, make sure you dont run a antivirus/firewall ect which can stuff up the installed, because it is cracked software.

Navifirm that I used: http://www.restricted.co.za/upload/navifirmplus_1.7.zip
    The Phoenix guide I used: (only the navifirm and phoenix part, I skipped the modding part with cooker ect) http://forum.dailymobile.se/index.php?topic=41316.0

Basically everything on my phone works, with the exception it was missing my South African MAPs ect which I just downloaded again.
    SHOT..

Going to try out the orignal one.. mm.. wonder what difference will it make O.o :P

Quote Originally Posted by dudewotevr View Post
    FYI It's impossible to brick a N8, they can always be flashed with Scandinavian 11.5 firmware..

Funny, I did the same thing, reverted to Official and couldn't stand the lag and not being able to tweak/install various mods, ...but last night did a fresh install of V3, memory card too, and am super happy again..

BTW backing up CITIES folder on mem card will save all your maps..
    V3?

Mm.. like I said above.. having problem with Skype and OVI store..

And you?

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 910 LastLast