Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Speedtest.net's RegClean Pro, should I purchase it?

Default Speedtest.net's RegClean Pro, should I purchase it?

So I went to speedtest.net's website to test the speed of my internet connection. On the same page I clicked on an add, RegClean Pro, a software that checks a computer's system's error. So I downloaded the free version, let it scan my laptop and it found 828 registry errors. According to the RegClea Pro my laptop's "System health status" is rated "Poor". It says I must purchase it or else my laptop will crash.

Has anyone of you purchased this RegClean Pro, which is a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner?
    "Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people." ― Eleanor Roosevelt

Super Grandmaster

Try CCleaner first, it's free and has a registry cleaner. Then run the free version again and see what it says.
    Every time you make a typo, the errorists win

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Fudzy View Post
    It's $24.95 to download for a home user, I don't seem to be able to download it for free.
    "Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people." ― Eleanor Roosevelt

I had client who went same route and bought it, after a restart desktop came up with no icons or taskbar, I had to combofix and malwarebytes it so that the system booted properly again. Use ccleaner.

whats that. a registry?! whats that? is that one of those windows things?

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Sly21C View Post
    It's $24.95 to download for a home user, I don't seem to be able to download it for free.
    That's for the premium version the links are below that link.

http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner

So I went to speedtest.net's website to test the speed of my internet connection. On the same page I clicked on an add, RegClean Pro, a software that checks a computer's system's error. So I downloaded the free version, let it scan my laptop and it found 828 registry errors. According to the RegClea Pro my laptop's "System health status" is rated "Poor". It says I must purchase it or else my laptop will crash.

Has anyone of you purchased this RegClean Pro, which is a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner?
    It's a scam. I seriously doubt there's anything wrong with your registry.
    Think for yourself, Question authority, Know what's going on

Quote Originally Posted by Valis View Post
    there's always something wrong with registries because windoze still actually doesn't know what a clean uninstall is.
    Quote Originally Posted by googoodoll View Post
    you're a bastard either way. just say it
    Diablo 3 profile http://goo.gl/4F14TO

Quote Originally Posted by Fudzy View Post
    That's for the premium version the links are below that link.

http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner
    I downloaded it thanks, I scanned my laptop and it said it wants to delete a number of file, including my Avast antivirus software and other important software. I don't trust the software.

Quote Originally Posted by Valis View Post
    I think so too, that's why I asked because there are a lot of scams out there. The RegClean Pro is a Microsoft certified software according to its website.

Long explanation short, registry "cleaners" cause more problems than they solve.

If it's not broken don't fix it.

I use Advance system care 4 is free but there is a paid version but i don't believe it's worth $20 extra
    http://www.iobit.com/advancedsystemcareper.html

Super Grandmaster DrJohnZoidberg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Browser View Post
    Long explanation short, registry "cleaners" cause more problems than they solve.

Very true. Spending money on a registry cleaner is an utter waste.
    Praise Zeus!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Browser View Post

+1. Don't be so naive. As a MyBB member, you should know better. Don't ever download software based on an advert on a website, especially one that claims your PC is broken or infected or not running optimally.

Cool YES, RegClean Pro works fine at my computer sicne 2 year

YES, RegClean Pro works fine at my computer sicne 2 year...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast